Syngenta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

They extensively asked about my employment background as it specifically related to data entry and work with inventory. They were sure to say that the job was pretty repetitive with no additional tasks to be performed. They asked many questions about my past employment. Some stuff about me as a person. Overall they were kind, relaxed and organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe your position most related to this job   1 Answer
    • How are you about repetitive work?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you are detail oriented.   1 Answer
    • They asked questions looking for the answer that you would seek help and ask a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Othello, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta (Othello, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

another waste of my time. i had interviewed with syngenta twice. once when i was first out of college as a process engineer, and another time when i was an operations manager. both times were a complete FAIL as its apparent to me that this organization hires socially inept people.
    this third time i decided to give it a go and not hold a grudge.
    that was a mistake.
    again, another lengthy interview process only to find out that were only seriously looking at internal candidates.
    like i stated, this company only hires the socially inept. and with good reason, as monsanto will be purchasing this company for pennies on the dollar very soon.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta (Clinton, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online with resume. Called immediately to set up interview. When I went in I realized it was the recruiting firm that does the hiring for Syngenta. Filled out an application and then waited and waited. I believe I may have been forgotten.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Why are you looking for another position? When can you start? etc   Answer Question

Greenhouse Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL).

Interview

The HR recruiter was very professional, welcoming, and enthusiastic. The major problem, however, was that he did not follow up. Even if they are not going to offer the job, it is good to know you did not get the job, so that you can move on.

Interview Questions

• Name three weakness and how I have improved through time   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Gabriel, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syngenta (Saint Gabriel, LA).

Interview

The interview process starts with a math and psych test that are both really easy. If you pass you get to interview. The interview is conducted by eight people who take turns asking questions. The questions are about experience, work history, what would you do situations, and give examples of how you would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a problem with coworker   1 Answer

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a 4 hour interview with 4 groups of people. They use the STAR technique for interviews (Situation, Task, Action, Result). There were 3 other people being interviewed at the same time and we rotated around. It felt that many of the questions were variations on the same theme.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a project did not go as you planned. What happened?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week by the recruiter via email for pre-screening questions. Had a phone interview two weeks later with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very personable and gave a brief summary of the position as well as outlined a career path within the company.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Got an email confirming the on-site interview. The HM also emailed a list of people I was going to meet on-site. Pretty much behavior questions for all the 1:1 session of one hour each. Met with three colleagues that I was working with later on. Pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you were not comfortable and how did you come over it.   Answer Question

Production Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

1st interview was completed with the contract hiring company, Aerotek. They asked several questions about my experience. After they found my experience to be sufficient, they then scheduled for me to complete an interview at Syngenta. Aerotek stressed the importance of being on time for the interview at Syngenta. The last candidate that Aerotek sent to Syngenta was disqualified for showing up just a few minutes late. I made it to my interview 20 minutes early and my assigned interviewer was ready and prepared for me when I arrived.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very basic, but that may have been because the position that they hired me for is a new position for the company.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Syngenta (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Process was fun, somehow informal. Plenty of people to talk to, most behavioral questions.
    They followed HR protocol during interview. First set of people to talk to was immediate future team mates, followed by their manager and some local managers

Interview Questions

• Did you apologize to people, in previous position, once you realized you did something that was not the best at the moment?   1 Answer