Syngenta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018

1. Featured Interview

CP Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta (Edina, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. One casual and one formal at HQ. Fair interview that covered the basics. I would have no problem saying it is a standard process. Management is like many large companies.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Durham, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

I had one face to face interview; spent half hour with two developers, compared notes on development experiences, discussed amount of experience in certain areas; not very many direct questions and those that were were not too technical. Spent last half hour with same developers joined by IT manager who gave 50K foot view of IT roles/reputation in the company. Overall, interview was quite laid back and not too challenging. Gut feel at the end of the process was that it may result in an offer. However, I have not heard back from IT manager one way or the other so don't know if offer is in the cards.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask many direct or technical questions. Overall, I asked many more questions than they did.   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Minnetonka, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

First we have an on campus promotion meeting with the hiring manager. Resume was collected by online application system. Then we got a half hour phone interview with hr manager involved. Finally there happened an on-site for an hour.

Interview Questions

• How can you provide example on dealing with conflicts between team members or colleagues?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

First a behavioral phone interview and an inventory of current skill set with MS Office (incl. Project/Visio). Then, came in for a face to face interview with various department members. They ask straightforward questions about your experience and your personality. Nothing tricky here, strengths/weaknesses/most challenging thing about college/etc. Try and connect with them using personality and friendliness (while maintaining a professional demeanor.). They appreciate dedication and communication skills above all else.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 words that aptly describe you?   1 Answer

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

Since I am a contractor I went through and agency that spend almost an hour going through my resume and other related experience that may not have shown on my resume. We discussed the role, the contract terms, compensation, and accomodations since this was a traveling role due to my home location. Had a 20 to 30 minute phone interview with the client company, Syngenta in the morning. There were 3 or 4 people, all Sr. Managers,. Offered the job in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions as my experience allowed me to easily respond to the questions. The main question that would probably eb difficult for most is how do you handle the challenges of a culture of resistance to change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated up front with teh contracting agency. The client accepted with no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two people, the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. I was invited to a second interview the same day. After having a second interview with 4 people, I thought it went well. I didn't hear back from them in a week I assumed I didn't get the job. I got a call and was asked if I was looking for work because the other person took another job offer.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Gilroy, CA).

Interview

Contacted by their third party recruiter. She just emailed me an interview time and person to ask for. That person wasn't even there. Ended up interviewing with 3 people, one who was only there a short time.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Syngenta (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Multiple conversations with similar questions involving what if how would you give me an example. It is very important to handle situations correctly. You are provided the opportunity to talk to a variety of people in different roles and departments to help understand the job and company better

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you handled working with a difficult person   Answer Question

Technical Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who was interested in learning about my resume and fit for the position. She phoned a few days later to say that I was have a 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. This was a technical based interview where they were interested in my experiences and how it prepared me for the position of interest. Because of the holiday season, there was a delay in my being invited for an in-person interview, but they did email to let me know that this would be happening. At the campus interview, I was required to give a 40 minute presentation to the team that I would be joining highlighting my education and experiences as they relate to the position. They were specifically interested in what I could bring to the team. This was followed by an all day interview schedule with 2 members of the team at a time, all asking probing behavioral type questions: Tell me about a time you failed to meet a deadline, how did you handle it? What were the consequences etc.

Interview Questions

• If we had to talk to the people that you directly/indirectly supervise, what do you think they would say about you? What adjectives might they use to describe you and can you give some specific examples of the types of interactions you've had with them.   Answer Question
    • What tools and technologies do you use to help you accomplish your daily tasks?
      Were the systems that were already in place adequate? If you needed to make changes, why would this have been necessary? How did you go about introducing the changes?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker, What was the situation, who was involved, what specifically was your role, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Looking back on the last couple of years in your current role, have you had a n opportunity to reflect on your career? If so, what changes would you have made, and in what particular circumstances?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syngenta (Newark, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Was short and sweet. Nothing to worry about. The interview process did not make me nervous for long. There was a friendly environment. The interview procedure was also simple. Got to learn a lot too. The interviewer was not rude or harsh, was really really very friendly. So that's how the interview was.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason to apply to this position?   1 Answer

I had got other opportunity by then.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

Met with 3 individuals within the department. One was upper level manager, One was direct boss, One was the Human Resources person. Thought that it was a fair process. They seem to be laid back, but also seem to have a strong work ethic.