Synthego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synthego Interview Questions

Interviews at Synthego

3.1

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Synthego in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed w/manager for roughly 30 minutes then accepted the position . Wasn't much of a decision because I chose it right away and never looked back since. As I said before a great Company to be with for many years to come!

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in a warehouse?   1 Answer

IT Infrastructure Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Synthego (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process seemed straight forward at first with a phone screen, one phone interview and one onsite interview. The onsite interview turned into 3 different sessions at 3 different times, with the final one being a presentation to a panel of 5 (with one of them falling asleep) and then 2 additional 1:1 interviewers afterwards. It was over 3 hours after already having 4 different 1:1's with management, engineering and the CFO. The interviewers were being pulled in multiple directions, so I had to continue to schedule back different times to complete the interview over a span of 6 weeks. I was very disappointed that in total I had 5 interviews and in the end, the skills they seemed to push with high priority changed into other needs. I based my resume on the requisite and tailored my responses to the needs mentioned in the job description, but in the end this was the reason I did not get an offer (per the recruiters response).

Interview Questions

• What was the main reason you decided to look into Synthego?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synthego (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Rushed process, disrespectful of my time (very start-stop, no respect for my current job and limitations), gruff and unfriendly on the phone, then followed up with "we got a lot of interest for this role". It was reposted online, so they hadn't actually chosen a candidate. They asked about salary on a second interview, and when I shared that I expect industry standards for their posted role (actually lower) and that seemed to be a conversation killer. Seems like they want a Lexus for the cost of a Honda.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synthego (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone-screening process was surprisingly swift compared to the actual interview and later hiring process. The initial interview was very pleasant, as was the presentation (+ more interviews) although I was surprised at how long it ended up taking (more than 4 hours). I was also asked to spend a couple of days working on-site, which struck me as somewhat unusual, but did give me a pretty clear idea of what the job involved before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle boring, repetitive work?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synthego.

Interview

A few phone screens and in person interviews followed by an onsite presentation. Onsite presentation to four people followed by additional 1:1s and helpful meetings with the entire exec team.

Interview Questions

• -Walk me through business model at your past jobs
      -Walk me through an audit   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Synthego (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Drawn out process that makes little sense, shows the controlling nature of the company, and lack of respect of time. For any position, you have to create a PowerPoint and do a one hour presentation in front of 5-7 employees, and then stay another 4 hours to do individual interviews. I got a disingenuous feeling through all of the meetings and was asked “Sales personality” questions like “do you play sports?”...

Interview Questions

• Handed a quarter.. “Explain what this quarter means to you.”   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synthego (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I went through a recruiter phone screen, a manager phone screen, on-site interviews with various team members, and an interview with the President of the company. It was a straight forward interviews with various team members. Questions varied from career goals, items on my resume, my skills, and experience. Interviewers were very informative on the requirements of the job, the goals of the company, and what they do.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synthego.

Interview

Very straight forward. One phone interview with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager/lead, and one with the director of operations. Got invited for an onsite where I had to prepare a presentation about myself and projects I've worked on. Did it in front of a group of managers, scientist, directors, and camera (for the CEO to view later). Everything was great. I felt confident as my presentation was decent and I fit the job description verbatim. It wasn't until after my presentation where I was hit with one question that was not in the description. It was more of a senior role question. After BS'ing my way through that question, I was escorted into the break room where I was left alone for a minute while they discussed what to do next. The hiring manager came back and told me on the spot that they actually wanted someone more senior. Definitely a great group of smart individuals but just a bad experience because I feel like I wasted my time. Just wished the job description had been more clear about their exact needs for the role. May be odd but it was great to get the rejection immediately instead of having to wait days or never hearing from the company again. Not your typical interview process like how bigger corporations do it. Hope this will help the future Senior QA Specialist they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would implement an FMEA in a process change to a group of scientist/managers/directors with focus on compliance without disrupting flow?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synthego (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied via Angellist. They contacted me two weeks later to do an initial phone screen, followed by a technical phone interview. Overall a great process. Unfortunately they were looking for a senior level, but have kept in contact for future middle level positions. They were extremely friendly and easy to talk to. No crazy questions, very straightforward. They give you plenty of time to respond, think things out and are very respectful.

Interview Questions

• Overview of skills and experience, willingness to fill multiple roles/skillsets.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synthego (Redwood City, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a call with the recruiter, a data scientist, then a take home coding challenge, and an in-person presentation and coding challenge.

The coding challenge questions seemed very fair and were related to the actual work at the company I am doing now. I really appreciated that they avoided the kind of questions I personally find really silly, like random white board brain teasers about probability.

Interview Questions

• Load and manipulate the data in a csv file to examine trends in impurities for different pieces of equipment   Answer Question