Sysco LABS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Senior IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco LABS (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Sysco Labs. She was extremely nice and friendly and wasn't like most recruiters I'd dealt with. We discussed where I was at and gaged some level of interest on both of our parts.

A few weeks later I had a technical screening which consisted of 1 hour of live coding using coder pad. The interviewer was very friendly, understanding of the stress of coding interviews and it was a very positive experience. I was invited for an onsite interview the following day.

The onsite interview took place in the Austin office about 3 weeks later. I was greeted by the HR staff upon arrival where they presented me with benefits and perks information. My first interview was 30 minutes with 2 members of the product team. It was a very enjoyable conversation and immediately made me feel comfortable. Both had not been at the company all that long and they were both enthusiastic about things.

The next 2 hours were spent with 4 senior engineers who started out asking me some basic questions about my experience, apps I'd worked on and what they were working on. Shortly after I was presented a relatively routine coding exercise. The session was interactive and verbalizing my thinking was encouraged. All of the engineers were very friendly and made it a fun experience despite the stress and nerves of interviewing. After the coding session, the interviewers asked me a bunch of technical questions and seemed very open to discussion and a verbalization of ideas.

Everyone in the office was very friendly and made the process about as smooth as it can go. It was probably the best interview I had ever been on in the software business.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between structs and classes and how/when you would use each.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco LABS (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Talked with Director of engineering for 15 minutes before we began basic coding challenges, I performed poorly it being my first technical interview. The interviewer was friendly kept the pressure of and did a total of 5 challenges. Gave me advice for the future. Seemed like a very friendly group to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between == and ===   1 Answer

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco LABS (Cypress, TX).

Interview

A phone screen was given and then an in person interview. Was pretty casual and an organized process. Overall a great experience. We're honest upfront about the role and made the process painless.

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say about you in regards to performance   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco LABS in March 2019.

Interview

2 phone interview followed by a final in person. Fairly quick process final interview was long and overly informative. Overall company feel seemed a little disorganized. The final interview was a conversation going into detail about the role and what the company had to offer in regards to your skills. Was very hush hush when addressing salary and went on round about ways to address it with out actually saying the true benefits. In short the phone interview could’ve been better conducted because the in person seemed somewhat of a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Discussed the time given to secure a lead to refer to a account manager and what you’d do in this short process.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sysco LABS in January 2013.

Interview

A series of phone, skype interviews, to an in person presentation and to panel review and 1:1 final interview.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about yourself and your skills and there really are no tough questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Also hold out for at least 10-25% more. If they want you, they tend to give it to you.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco LABS (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

The whole process took quite awhile. From the 1st phone interview till the final panel interview. The whole process was quite stressful. I was interviewed 7 different times(3 phone interviews and an on-site panel group interview of 4 people). What I find probable most frustrating is they wasted my time when they knew they were going to hire an internal candidate. I answered all their behavioral questions with valid examples and I was very keen on the job and I reside 10 minutes from the campus. I wound recommend anyone whom is applying to ask if there any internal candidates vying for the same role because most likely they will pick that internal candidate ahead of any potential outsider.

Interview Questions

• mainly behavioral questions. Situations and how you respond or responded in the past   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sysco LABS (Cypress, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

I have a phone interview.
    Then an in person interview where I met up with both am/pm managers and director and vp.
    Then I received a phone call offering me the position.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco LABS.

Interview

Had a total of 6 interviews . Drove two hours round trip, two times for the in person interviews . Was sent a generic email saying they chose someone else .

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you provided great customer service .   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Interview

I was invited for a phone screen, video screen, video interview, in person interview which included meeting several team members. I was very pleased with the process and really enjoyed those I met. Unfortunately, there was no follow up after the extensive efforts and time involved. No email, no phone Call, no text, no morse code. No response to status requests.

Customer Dupport Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sysco LABS (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short but it was only because my availability did not meet their schedule needs. They asked me if I was available during nights or weekends and unfortunately I was not. I was looking forward to being able to work with them but I didn't get the chance to. The person conducting the interview was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• My availability on the weekends.   1 Answer