TASC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.6

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TASC (Fort Meade, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Attended a hiring event, got a technical interview on the spot. Spoke one on one with the interviewer about experience with programming languages, agency tools, and other relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Name some common ports and protocols.   1 Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TASC (Columbia, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an interview via an employee referral. I communicated with the recruiter over email (filling out forms) prior to the face-to-face interview. The interview was pretty easy. The interviewer knew my resume and trusted that I knew my stuff. There weren't any real questions asked. It was more of a conversation of what I wanted from my next job.
    I received an offer but was not impressed with the benefits and was even less impressed with the salary.

Overall, the interview process was a positive experience, though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TASC.

Interview

There were two in person interviews. One panel interview and the other interview with the manager for the task along with the section manager. After getting the approval from the company there was also waiting to get my resume approved by the FAA customer. Admittedly not a quick process, but par for the course with government contracting.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TASC (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one Skype interview with the hiring manager, and one face-to-face interview with the head of the department. I thought they went OK, but after regular contact, I never heard from them with an acceptance or rejection.

Interview Questions

• Because I had federal experience, I was asked about this.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TASC in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview led to an on-site interview. Hiring process was very confusing as I had to deal with several different people sometimes answering the same questions multiple times. Also was overloaded with confusing requirements such as: By now you should have received an email from "abc." Please log into "xyz" and complete the process outlined in "def."

Interview Questions

• Asked me a hypothetical question on how I would handle a particular situation. Of which they knew I had no knowledge. They wanted to see if I could think outside the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations took place.

SIGINT Acquisition Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

The recruiter will meet you at the front desk, break the ice, and take you to an interview room. He'll sit down, discuss basic benefits of TASC, then ask if you have any questions. If not, he'll open the door and let the interviewers in. Usually consists of 2-3 folk, usually not the hiring manager. They will tag-team you with questions, but not the standard BS questions you find online. They describe the job at some point, and usually as clarifying questions to see if your resume entries fulfill their needs. Each person was allocated about 30 mins, so for a 2 person interview expect an hour.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the principal who was the manager/supervisor of the position being interviewd for. There was no structure to the interview; the interviewer did not formally introduce himself/herself or provide any kind of opening statement/remarks. I felt the need to begin the interview & did so by discussing my background, qualifications, & interest in the advertised position. The interviewer asked several job-related questions, did not refer to any notes or written materials nor did he/she take any notes. All-in-all it wasn't a bad interview, just not what I am accustomed to after sitting on the other side of the table for over 200 interviews. I was told me that I would hear back from the Talent Acquisition Dept later in the week re. a potential job offer as it related to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about contracting?   1 Answer
    • What is your least favorite thing about contracting?   Answer Question

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TASC (Annapolis Junction, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter. Interview was scheduled and followed up by email confirmation. Met with manager and discussed position. Manager responded to my questions. After the interview I was offered the position. I took time to think about the offer and then I declined the offer because it didn't quite fit with what I'm looking for.

Interview Questions

• How was my experience relevant to the position for which I was applying.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TASC (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Basically we sat down and talked about my resume and qualifications. I qualified for the job, but when we talked about salary, it was 4k less than what I was making now. He said that was the best he could offer so I turned it down. The following week I got an offer from a different company that was 2k over what I was making now so I accepted that offer and started working soon after.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Cyber/Information Security Certifications like the CISSP, CEH, Linux+, MCTS, GCIH, GREM, etc.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TASC (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online. I exchanged several emails with human resources to coordinate interview times, and then met with the hiring manager for half an hour.

I was already doing the job at another company, and TASC had won the government contract away from the company that I was working for. The hiring manager seemed enthusiastic about my background.

The human resources manager called back and said that TASC wanted to hire me. However, they wanted to offer me the same job I was doing at a 30% pay cut. I declined.

I have heard from several coworkers that they have had a very similar experience with TASC wanting them to take a substantial cut in pay.