TASC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2018

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the principal who was the manager/supervisor of the position being interviewd for. There was no structure to the interview; the interviewer did not formally introduce himself/herself or provide any kind of opening statement/remarks. I felt the need to begin the interview & did so by discussing my background, qualifications, & interest in the advertised position. The interviewer asked several job-related questions, did not refer to any notes or written materials nor did he/she take any notes. All-in-all it wasn't a bad interview, just not what I am accustomed to after sitting on the other side of the table for over 200 interviews. I was told me that I would hear back from the Talent Acquisition Dept later in the week re. a potential job offer as it related to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about contracting?   1 Answer
    • What is your least favorite thing about contracting?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Was called and did a telephone interview. Was standard. Then called for onsite interview. Went and met with the manager for the position and went over what was expected, what they needed and what my previous skills were for the position. Talked a bit about what the work environment was like and what the company offered. Alot of high promises vs what occurred over time with the company. A telling note was that the awesome manager left soon after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding the position and type of work.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TASC (Stafford, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Attended a Job Fair, met and discussed open positions with TASC HR reps. Left resume, was called within 3-4 days for in-person interview. Went to interview, met with three managers including the direct hire manager. Discussed previous DoD/military work accomplishments and responsibilities. Discussed present need job tasks and responsibilities with current client (USMC). work location and work environment and culture. Discussed need for clearance for performing onsite work on military base. Discussed what I would like to achieve for personal goals and growth. The interview was a positive experience, not adversarial in any way.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you solved that made a difference to your customer and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward, they met my asking price which was only about 2 % higher than my previous job.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was primarily a character interview, with some technical aspects included. I was submitted through a referral process via someone I had worked with previously, and met with my future manager and two developers who worked for him. I was asked mostly questions pertaining to my technical background, projects I had worked on, and standard character questions. I had actually brought my computer to show a project I had worked on, which I believe helped me in the long run.

Interview Questions

• What's one difficult problem that you needed to solve, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Collection Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TASC.

Interview

long in duration. Interview very easy and short. negotiation and govt approval took nearly 2 months. too long. Nice people, one of which I knew. I did not realize it would take so long to negotiate and get an offer, etc.

Negotiation

short

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TASC in July 2013.

Interview

Mostly phone interviews, panel interview. It took longer than I expected, that is what it is, and I was referred by an employee who was a team member as well.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TASC (Fort Meade, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Attended a hiring event, got a technical interview on the spot. Spoke one on one with the interviewer about experience with programming languages, agency tools, and other relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Name some common ports and protocols.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 mangers within the Finance organization, 2 at a time. I had a great interview experience and felt comfortable with the managers. If you could make them laugh, I think you'll have a good chance.

Negotiation

As it was an internship position, there wasn't really a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TASC (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Pretty simple. Mostly asked about previous experience and told me about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TASC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter to set up phone interview, then a week later had a one hour phone interview with the project mentor. After the interview, received an invitation to tour the facilities. Two days later the recruiter contacted me with a job offer.