TCS Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TCS Education Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

Quick, great communication. Pleasant people. Straight forward interview process. Application was easy. Professional staff. I received notice quickly and was pleased to receive that feedback. Process was overall pleasant. Two interviews and one phone screening from HR

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TCS Education in October 2015.

Interview

I took time out of my schedule to go into their offices for an interview on four different occasions for one position. Even despite phone and email follow-up with the recruiter and hiring manager after my 4th interview, I wasn't given any response in regard to my application until I received an automated email message nearly three months later.

Interview Questions

• Have you been hired into a newly created position before?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCS Education.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 2 weeks later to set up an initial phone screening with the HR director. She was very nice and professional, and she knew a lot more about the position than most HR reps I have had screenings with at other companies. She told me a bit about the position, asked some pretty thought provoking questions (though some of them were unexpected and threw me off a little), and gave me the opportunity to ask some of my own questions about the position. She told me that I would hear back about next steps within a week, but she never contacted me again, which drives me crazy, but that seems to be the norm these days when a company doesn't want to move forward with you. I personally appreciate getting an answer either way. Even if it's bad news, it give you an opportunity to move on rather than sitting by the phone, but I guess some companies don't feel all candidates deserve such a courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about your last position/place of work?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is something people think about you when they first meet you that is not at all true?   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TCS Education (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. I applied and was contacted within 3 weeks for an initial phone interview. Within two weeks, I had an on-site, in-person interview with the team. The initial interview was a basic screener for interest and skill set. I was also asked about salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions included knowledge and comfort with analyzing large data files, ability to clean data, working with pivot tables, and interest in education.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was definitely back and forth. It was initially significantly less than my salary expectation (which was discussed in the initial interview).

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TCS Education.

Interview

I applied and received a phone call within 2 weeks to setup a phone screen. The job posting was a bit vague so I was looking forward to learning more about the position. Unfortunately, the recruiter I was scheduled to speak to was on literally her 2nd day on the job and had no other information beyond what the company does, their address, and the fact they weren't sure whether they could afford me (even though my salary requirement was provided when I applied). They were kind enough to follow-up with an email that they had moved onto other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Tell me about your experience in this role. Tell me about your experience in that role.   Answer Question

Network Administrator Interview

Interview

not bad. pretty straight forward

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Pretty straightforward technology questions.   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TCS Education in February 2013.

Interview

I was involved in a group interview of about 20 people that was informational for us as well as the company. Then I was called back to do a one on one interview with the supervisor of the position. I realized that the position was not what I thought it was.

Interview Questions

• Please rate the following in order of importance for you: work environment, benefits, job description, location.   Answer Question

Multiple IS Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TCS Education (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I had three phone and two in-person interviews with TCS and was led to believe that I would be hired. However, one of the interviewees mentioned that TCS was mainly hiring friends of management. I was concerned that their very nice offices are new and very empty since they are a new business, and maybe they do not have enough clients/work. Afterwards, they gave me the date the decision would be made, but they never made a decision, and cancelled the position. I was left feeling that they are not in a good financial position to be hiring so many people with so few clients to bring in money.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use Microsoft Office, especially Excel?   Answer Question

Online Learning Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TCS Education in July 2010.

Interview

The communication from the very first initial contact was professional and well planned. The recruiter made me feel at ease and the interviewers were very responsive to the answers to my questions. I felt like I would have been valued there. It just simply didn't work out. No harm, no foul.