TFA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TFA Interview Questions

Interviews at TFA

3.6

Corps Member Interview

Interview

2 interviews and an online test

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA.

Interview

Applied on line- Interviewed at a local University. The process has three rounds. Application, Telephone Interview, Group interview. The questions focus on your ability to be a team player and your ability to work with others in various situations

Interview Questions

• Why TFA? Abstract questions as to how you would react to certain situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a four part process: beginning with the online application, then online exam, phone interview, and finally an all-day in-person interview. It can be tedious, but the staff was friendly so you should feel comfortable during the whole process. Review the information that they give you during the interim (articles, company values, etc) and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge that you overcame and how you did it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TFA in March 2015.

Interview

the process was long, but very clear. I was never confused along the way because the assigned a contact person who checked up on me. There was an online application, phone interview that I was able to bypass, and then a group portion of the in-person interview and an individual interview.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA.

Interview

there are three rounds:
    phone interview- very difficult questions
    application - straight forward why do you want to be in tfa?
    lesson plan-very time consuming and there was a time limit of five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you lead a project and it didn't go your way .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

The TFA interview process is extremely rigorous. I think that one must keep in mind that many really qualified (and, over-qualified) people are also applying for the same position you are. What that means is that, you may think you are the best candidate from your university or from the actual day-interview, but there are MANY other candidates you are unaware of interviewing all across the country. Be as prepared as possible and hope that you "above" the competition, so to speak. (I'm also implying that since it is so competitive, do not get discouraged if you are not chosen. It may simply be a result of not enough positions.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TFA (Durham, NC).

Interview

Very long and detailed process. General application followed by phone interview and final interview day.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TFA in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and final interview. Applied at top university. Apply early, because I felt I was a strong applicant (definitely stronger and more prepared than other people I know who were accepted). There is a TFA interview book out there that is helpful. You have to be committed to the cause.

Interview Questions

• I had a scenario (expected) where I was expected to argue with a principal for field trip funding.   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Interview

The first stage is an online application, including your activities (specify leadership positions) and essays.

Then there is a phone interview, which was straightforward. They asked a lot about leadership positions and working with teams. Also asked about how you stay organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not get along with a member of a team, and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Recruitment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TFA (Nashville, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

After several emails with two different TFA departments in two different cities:

Two interviewers over -the-phone. Very nice, introduced themselves and the career path through TFA.

Behavioral style interview.

Common questions describing yourself and your professional background. PREPARE using their website and the job description!!!

Be sure to discuss your background's connection to TFA's mission and core values.

Interview went really well but I know it did not help that I wasn't enthusiastic about relocating!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Which of the core values do you most relate to?   1 Answer