TFA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TFA Interview Questions

3.6

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TFA in March 2015.

Interview

the process was long, but very clear. I was never confused along the way because the assigned a contact person who checked up on me. There was an online application, phone interview that I was able to bypass, and then a group portion of the in-person interview and an individual interview.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA.

Interview

there are three rounds:
    phone interview- very difficult questions
    application - straight forward why do you want to be in tfa?
    lesson plan-very time consuming and there was a time limit of five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you lead a project and it didn't go your way .   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Interview

Questions about organization skills. Why you want to teach. Also asked about the achievement gap and why it is priority to close this gap. Interviewer was young and friendly, but make sure to be in a quiet location. Otherwise a very informal and simple interview. Nothing too groundbreaking. Less intense than follow up interviews that my friend went through to simulate a class.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA.

Interview

Applied on line- Interviewed at a local University. The process has three rounds. Application, Telephone Interview, Group interview. The questions focus on your ability to be a team player and your ability to work with others in various situations

Interview Questions

• Why TFA? Abstract questions as to how you would react to certain situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a four part process: beginning with the online application, then online exam, phone interview, and finally an all-day in-person interview. It can be tedious, but the staff was friendly so you should feel comfortable during the whole process. Review the information that they give you during the interim (articles, company values, etc) and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge that you overcame and how you did it.   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TFA (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a three step process -- online app (anecdotal), phone interview (some get passed through this step which happened to me), and a final super-day interview at a regional/national office. Overall, the process is very holistic and manageable. The super-day was very relaxed and was not cutthroat in the slightest.

Interview Questions

• Any questions pertaining to how you would respond in a classroom setting in a specific scenario--with no teaching experience I found this quite difficult.   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Interview

2 interviews and an online test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TFA (Durham, NC).

Interview

Very long and detailed process. General application followed by phone interview and final interview day.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Interview

The first stage is an online application, including your activities (specify leadership positions) and essays.

Then there is a phone interview, which was straightforward. They asked a lot about leadership positions and working with teams. Also asked about how you stay organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not get along with a member of a team, and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TFA in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and final interview. Applied at top university. Apply early, because I felt I was a strong applicant (definitely stronger and more prepared than other people I know who were accepted). There is a TFA interview book out there that is helpful. You have to be committed to the cause.

Interview Questions

• I had a scenario (expected) where I was expected to argue with a principal for field trip funding.   Answer Question