TGS Management Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TGS Management Company Interview Questions

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TGS Management Company.

Interview

One of my recruiters applied me to TGS Management Company on Senior Software Engineer position.
    After two weeks of absolute silence they scheduled an interview. It contained only basic questions about my previous experience and recruiter's description of different teams that they have.
    In a half an our conversation I got two mathematical questions.
    First one was easy, but I stacked on the second one. While I was trying to solve it the interviewer kept silence. Even when I tried to communicate with him. After I gave up, he got bored and finished the interview very quickly.
    It was two weeks ago, and I still have no updates from this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TGS Management Company.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter based on an online profile. I was called early when at work to discuss the process. I was informed that the first step is to show my resume to the team. They decided not to move forward. I wish they just asked for my resume from the beginning so I didn't have to take time out of my day.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TGS Management Company (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, using a simple form application. Got a screener call within a few days of submitting it. Scheduled an interview with the division head thereafter.

All interview levels involved: a resume walk-through; hypothetical questions; math problems.
    The hypothetical problems were basically: "how would you perform [task required by job]."
    The math problems were part analytical puzzles and part basic math skills.

Unfortunately, the company is secretive as a whole, and remains secretive throughout the interview process. For example, there is very limited company information online, none of the current employees (save the recruiter) are listed on LinkedIn. The employees who are revealed have a very limited presence. Additionally, very little specific information is revealed throughout the interview process. Specific tasks/assignments, company priorities, and even company businesses remain a mystery. To this day, I don't know what specific math skills would have been required for the position I interviewed for, because specific tasks were mentioned only vaguely.

All of this ensures that the company is basically in full control of the process, and shops around for the best applicant.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TGS Management Company.

Interview

The first round with HR is very good , but the real interview they usually ask unrelated questions to job. But I think those questions are general programming and could be answered by Top programmers easily, for the IT administrators it gets unfair :(

Interview Questions

• I dont judge people by questions and their answers. I judge people by how they think   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Quant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TGS Management Company (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Even though I haven't had a chance to talk to them in person, they look like a great team to work for. Very professional from the beginning - I submitted my resume to their HR department and they called me the following day. We set up a phone interview for the same week, then another one. Both interviewers were very well prepared, the questions were not too easy and not too hard, they gave me hints when I was struggling, and we had nice conversations that lasted well over an hour both times. Even their HR person has written a book about job search, it is obvious they have very high standards for new employees. They decided not to continue the process, but the whole experience was very valuable for me.

Interview Questions

• Write numbers 2^1000 and 5^1000 in a decimal notation, next to each other. How many digits does the newly obtained number have?   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TGS Management Company.

Interview

Scheduling was smooth. Two phone interviews were scheduled in two weeks. The second interviewer called 30 minutes late, we had the chance to talk only 30 minutes. Both interviews went well, but they decided not to move forward. The questions were not that difficult, not as difficult as my current employer's screening questions. I did not understand why they did not follow up. I am not sure if they really need or want to hire. They've been continuously posting positions for years. I guess, they could comfortably hire only by referral from one of their employees.

Position In Irvine, Ca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TGS Management Company (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, onsite interview, video conferences.

Interview Questions

• Asked some interesting math and problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TGS Management Company in August 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview first which went well. Called me later in the week to schedule the second phone interview, they said they have 2 phone interviews for everyone before an onsite interview. The second interview went even better, but then they informed me that they did not want to proceed, but they will touch base with me again in a few months!!
    I doubt this place really intends to hire, or maybe they are looking for someone who can walk on water.

Interview Questions

• there was none. There was only a math question that I needed a bit of help to answer.   1 Answer

Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TGS Management Company (Princeton, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Very long tedious process. They ask all kinds of finance and brain teaser questions. BEWARE! They are not looking to hire. They keep an eye out for talent but only make unanimous decisions so they end up not doing anything but they will drag you through an entire process. Very Shady company.

Interview Questions

• They asked various confidence interval questions with 95% and 99% confidence.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Made a great offer and then took it back. Very Shady.

TGS Management Company Response

Aug 9, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

In one instance we withdrew a conditional offer after we found material discrepancies between the resume and the background check. We take pride in the integrity of our hiring process, which is... More

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TGS Management Company (Irvine, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews before on-site. Phone interview questions are conventional, brain teasers are like how much cubics have colored face when cut from a big cubic.etc, The on-site interview is quite intensive, Brain teasers, your past experience, computer system questions are asked. You have to make sure everybody likes you to get the offer, I think. People are polite and one of the funder talks quite elegantly.

Interview Questions

• How to generate a gaussian distribution with rand()   2 Answers