TMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TMG

2.7

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Enjoyable as they really wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked about my job history & experience within the role. Asked why I thought I would fit in within the company and discussed the companies values

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trafford Park, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Trafford Park, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was quick in regards to application, interview, result etc. After reading the reviews of interview experiences I think there may be a trend as my interview was very strange as nothing was about about me or why I want the role or if I am fit for the role. The only questions that we were asked were about my current employer and how much my manager was on! How is that relevant to the job I'm applying for ?? He even started talking about why don't I try and become a manager in my current job :/ ( if I wanted to stay I wouldn't be applying for a new job) I think they judge you on first opinions and decide on if you look the part for the role. And unfortunately I obviously didn't fit the role.

Interview Questions

• How much is your manager on   1 Answer
    • How much could I be on if I qualified as RICS (I'm currently a surveyor)   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a referral and had a call from the internal recruiter- who was lovely. He spoke to the hiring manager and arranged an interview a couple of days away. As I know people who work for the company, I was aware that they are quite strict when it comes to dress code and thought the interview process would be very thorough so I prepared a lot and actually felt quite calm when I arrived.

The internal recruiter met me before hand, which I thought was really nice of him. When I went into the interview room with the person conducting the interview, he seemed very laid back- which is fine. However, he was a little too relaxed and also not interested in what I had to say. during the first answer I was giving, he interrupted me to offer me a biscuit- which I declined, he proceeded to eat one and asked questions with his mouth full. Pet peeve.

during the whole interview they interrupted me and just generally seemed disengaged from me- reading through my cv while I was talking etc.

We mainly talked about my home town and gigs and music I like, again this is fine but usually towards the end of an interview. He also asked me what my school report said about me (it was over 10 years ago I attended school) also asked me what mode of transport I used to get to my first ever job when I was 16- completely threw me and completely irrelevant.

I was really disappointed as I had cross reffed my cv against the job description and was exactly the same as my previous experience but I didn't get to show my knowledge or experience.

He did ask me what I wanted to do (Customer service in the mortgage industry) and why... that was the only job related question.

He then leant back in his chair and said what questions do I have for him, so I asked about the team structure, work load etc and laughed at one point that I was asking as many questions as him.

Really disappointing experience from a company priding itself in passion & professionalism.

Needless to say I did not get the job!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

The interviews were actually good, although they kept messing up on a communication front. This should have been something of an omen for me. At the first one, I was sitting there for 30 minutes before anyone turned up. At the second one, the same happened again. They’re either just too insanely busy or the time, or they’ve got communication issues due to bad management. I think it’s a mixture of the two.

I was offered the job during the second interview, which didn’t help. I had a second one I was considering at the time, but went for TMG in case the second fell through. Bad mistake, it’s all I can say. My advice to other candidates – tell them you want to think about it before you decide. I don’t like being put on the spot like that.

Interview Questions

• The usual stuff. It was a fairly traditional interview and a few tests were set outside of the interviews for me to complete. They made it clear it was challenging, but training would be provided. Ultimately, no training was provided.   1 Answer

Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

An Informal Skype Chat. I didn't get any further. It started professional (Introductions, talk about the Pillars which support the business and so on) however ended up being a very one sided. So I decided to drive the interview. It was a fail from the start and sadly a waste of my time and the time of the people conduction said interview.

For example, I asked something like "what would the company expect from me within the first 3 to 6 months" to which the response was that this isn't something for the company to tell me and for me to tell the company.

Beyond that, I was put off but to this day I still talk about my experience with this interview with peers.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked must and had to ask almost everything. It was a bit of a shambles.   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TMG.

Interview

I found the interview process brilliant - quick and professional. Think Money were flexible in arranging interview appointments to accommodate me, which is really quite good of them. The first interview I arrived early for and was signed in, given a temporary pass, shown to a very plush waiting area and offered a drink. The interview started on time and was very relaxed. I was asked to provide various pieces of work I'd produced and I filled in a few forms relating to ID too. At the end, I was advised as to what would happen next - a second interview with another manager - and thanked for my time.

The second interview was just as professional. Again, Think Money did their best to accommodate me regarding the interview time. It started on time and was only about 10 minutes long. It was more of a meet and greet really.

I felt as though all those who interviewed me were genuinely interested in what I had to say and they made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

I was informed of the result of the interview when they said I would be and I'm very happy with my decision to move to Think Money.

I'd recommend working for the Think Money Group to anyone.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that really threw me. The questions were appropriate and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fine, I was asked early on what salary expectation I had and they offered me what I wanted.

Solutions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

2 1-1 interviews then a maths and skills test. I then was taken to the office floor where I got to see current employees at work and get a feel for the job. A day later I was called by one of management team to confirm they wanted to offer me the job. I found out that the TMG will now only hire people if they have a degree, this is a requirement if you want to be a financial solutions advisor there.

Interview Questions

• All questions were regarding debt and knowledge of financial solutions.   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Initially an interview with an agency prior to a face to face interview with one of the managers. He read my cv during the interview as he joked he’d not looked at it yet as he was so busy...

Interview Questions

• How old are you?   1 Answer
    • Take my through your cv as I’ve not had a chance to look at it in detail (he had obviously not looked at it at all)   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Churchill-Frank cold called me about the role and pro-actively engaged with me on organising the interviews and providing advice and reviewing my presentation
    2 x telephone interviews of 1 hour duration
    1 face to face of 1 hours 40 minutes duration
    a further face to face of about 35 minutes duration

Interview Questions

• what are you passionate about from the Managing Director at interview 4: concerned I would not fit the company culture   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trafford Park, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TMG (Trafford Park, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Attended for an assessment day. I was briefly told what to expect. I went with interview notes, qualification certificates etc for an interview that day as well. The overall impression of the business was that it was a very professional place to work and hard work is very much rewarded. The area was clean, comfortable and a great surrounding. The assessments seemed to go well, but unfortunately I fell only a few marks short on one assessment. As a result they didn't even bother giving me an interview and getting to know anything about my background, experience etc. Was escorted out of the building and wished luck for the future. In my opinion the assessment I failed on was not overly clear in what was needed from it and could have been better explained, however figured there wasn't much point disputing this. The place seems very image driven and it was explained that the business isn't looking for 9-5 people, they want those who will do more (without pay) off their own back and I got the impression that this was something they wanted regularly.