TMK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TMK Interview Questions

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMK in July 2016.

Interview

It was a Phone call. I talked to the recruiter. She was nice and basically wanted to know about my experience as Project manager. The salary offered was lower than my expectation.

Sales/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TMK (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

the process took about 2 and a half hours. You are there with about 40 other people, have a one face to face interview then go in and listen to a presentation for about an hour. You fill out personality testing etc after. Then go in for a second interview. They will call you in for a 3rd and final interview if you are selected. The whole process was VERY vague.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TMK.

Interview

This was a very straightforward and enjoyable process. The company was very professional during the hiring/onboarding process which gave me a favorable outlook on my perception of the company. The HR Manager did a great job and gave me a good vibe on joining the organization.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked besides typical interview questions. There were not any curveballs thrown, just simply wanted to make sure they were hiring the right candidate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No games were played

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TMK (Houston, TX).

Interview

- Phone interview with HR representative: Asked me about my background and behavioral based questions. Very friendly and not a stressful interview. Scheduled an in person interview for the next day.
    - In-person interview with HR representative for about an hour: very natural and casual. He provided lot of insight about the hiring manager and gave positive feedback on how I would be a great fit.
    - In-person interview with Hiring Manager for about an hour & a half: Made no eye contact and did not shake my hand, and seemed generally grumpy and negative. He asked me to sell him an item in the room (I felt I did really well/thought outside the box) but he only gave negative feedback and a poor example of how to sell me the item, then talked up how he just fired a bunch of people, etc. I was pretty disappointed with his behavior but none the less I still got an invite to complete the PSP exam and was told they wanted to bring me in to meet the director.
    - Exam on line 2 days later for about 4 hours: Had four sections covering psychological questions, attitude, math and English comprehension.
    - Never heard back after the exam.

Interview Questions

• One of those - draw a circle in a box without lifting your pen - questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TMK in August 2014.

Interview

Two representatives came to my school for an information session and then announced that they were having interviews the next day! (Lol, I am not kidding.) So the 10 of us in the room signed up for interview slots and the next day we all got to interview. My interview went well, I believe.

Interview Questions

• What are important qualities for an engineer to have?
      What kind of student would you say you are?
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone on your team?
      How do you handle having multiple things to do?/How do you handle time?
      Answer Question

Yield Analyst Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMK (Baytown, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I went through a recruiting company that interviewed me multiple times and had me take a few tests before I was able to get through to the next stage. The next stage was the phone interview which was just questions about my resume. After that I had a face to face interview with the plant manager and the director. These were just meetings to get to know each other before I started. I received a phone call on the way home stating I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were just asking about my experience within my resume.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMK (Houston, TX).

Interview

Be prepared to have multiple interviews; HR is the toughest and I don't understand why since they are not the hiring managers, so what do they know? If you are selected to receive an offer then be prepared to have a drug test (both hair and urine), go through a 3 hour PSP exam on psychological questions, attitude, math and English comprehension. They will also run a background and credit check. When you finally get on board reality will set in. I was placed in finance and let me tell you, after just a few months I couldn't wait to leave this company!!

Interview Questions

• HR will drill you down, I guess that they know that Finance in TMK-IPSCO is a sweatshop (please read reviews) and they try to see if you are tough enough to withstand their bosses!   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate salary, however, there is no sign-on bonus and annual target bonus is nonnegotiatble.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMK in June 2013.

Interview

If you want to consider this company, get ready to spend 6 hours for tests and a couple of weeks to finally meet the Executive. Oh and BTW you must speak Russian.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TMK in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center and got a call back late for an in-campus interview. It was pretty laid-back and informal. I was the last person being interviewed for the day and the guy interviewing me seemed tired and eager to go home. Got a call back a few months later telling me I was going to be sent an offer very soon and then I just never heard back again.

NDT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catoosa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TMK (Catoosa, OK) in July 2012.

Interview

I had Three interviews. Two by phone and one in person on site. The interviewer was relaxed and asked relevant questions pertaining to the job and my experience. The interview lasted approximately two and a half hours. I spoke to many people and was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with a Union before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little negotiation. Fair salary for the area.