TMX Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TMX Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

This is one of the least impressive interviews I've ever been on.
    Most communication was done via email, not by phone...that was a red flag.
    No response after the interview then I received a canned email response with incomplete statements and grammar errors, two weeks later. The email was the type you receive after responding to an online ad....they were not bothered to develop an email response specifically for candidates they have interviewed.
    Major ref flag.....I left the interview with the sense the position was not definite.
    I honestly did not expect to get a response and shocked they sent the canned response meant for online applications....I did not apply online!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Screening Interview held by HR manager followed by an In-person interview with one HR manager and the hiring manager. Only receive the in-person interview if you pass the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you demonstrated leadership and an ability to work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate pay at all, hours were great, able to negotiate start time and end time of each day and term.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Friendly interview with HR and hiring manager. HR asked me regular questions regarding my resume, experience and educational background. Also HR asked me very general technical, rather business related questions. The hiring manager was very nice however he asked difficult questions. The interview was successful so I was invited to the second interview with my future director that was easy. I was hired and the overall interview experience was good.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TMX Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was very impressed by the professionalism of the hiring staff. I was interviewed by both HR and the department staff. They asked industry specific questions to gauge knowledge, capabilities, professionalism and personality. Some general HR questions were asked initially to assess how personal interactions would be dealt with. Staff was very friendly and provided a comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was implied that the salary was not negotiable.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TMX Group.

Interview

Found the call-to-hire on a job board, and applied with portfolio First had interview with the Senior VP of the creative department, then went on to meet the studio manager as well as the art directors. During both interviews, I provided sample of work that were not (then) currently on my website. Then two weeks later, was asked when I could start working, and was then forwarded a email outlining the position. The friday before my first day, a package of contracts was emailed to me to be signed and returned on the first of work to the studio manager.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. HR filters the resumes for supervisors to decide who to interview. First met with HR, then met with direct supervisor and senior supervisor. HR asks standard canned questions (they have a list). Supervisor will ask specifics about work experience plus they want to get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• HR asks standard questions (what are your strengths, your weaknesses, the typical interview questions). Supervisor asks more about your resume, your experience, where do you see yourself in x years, what are your hobbies and interests).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can negotiate weeks of vacation

Senior Monkey Boy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Short questions from HR, manager and directors. C++ test was decent but not that challenging. If you have an extensive experiences, then you are likely to get in. It took a while to get the offer though as 1st, 2nd and c++ test took a while in between but interviews themselves were easy and no hard questions. Having a detailed resume helps.

Technologies Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2007.

Interview

TSX had a quick recruiting process for my position, my manager interviewed me, then HR, then job offer. The interview with the hiring manger was on practical aspects of my previous related work experience, was very easy from professional point. HR interview was after that and was very simple/short behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations took a week after that initial offer. TSX was not flexible regarding changing legal terms of the offer, but was flexible with the financial incentives.