TOMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOMS (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Was told I would hear back for an in person interview. They asked me questions about TOMS and why I wanted to work there. Asked me how I felt about sales, and customer service.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOMS in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and well-planned. The first call with the recruiter was great. She knew a lot about the specifics of the role and gave an extensive overview of the company. She then connected me with the hiring manager for a phone interview, which was about an hour long. Lastly, there was a series of 4 interviews (phone) with various members from corporate.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me your strategy/process when presenting to an account?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Wildly unprofessional interview experience.

Head of creative reached out to me directly online. We scheduled a phone interview, they never called until I emailed to check in. After the call, we set up an in-person the next day with the implication of meeting with rest of team. When I came in, it was just the one creative director and they interviewed me in the waiting/lunch area in full earshot of the entire company—a bit of an awkward interview situation. They asked me to send additional work samples; I did so and never received a response or follow-up.

One month later, a contract recruiter reached out to me about the same role. Obviously no internal communication.

While I am a fan of the company and their mission, the interview was a big red flag for the way the creative team was led and operated. Head of creative did not seem to have a strong grasp on the role they were hiring for or design in general.

Director, Global Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TOMS (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Thorough! TOMS really cares about their employees and it shows in the interview process. I went through several rounds (phone screen, Skype and on-site) with various departments. This was invaluable not only because I learned how my particular role fits in with the larger organization but also the unique challenges each team faces. None of this felt like 'information overload'- each round provided a new angle for how I could approach the job.

As for the actual interviews, everyone I spoke with was open and inviting. This felt less like a formal interview and more like a open/honest conversation with TOMS employees. (That is a lot harder to do than it sounds and a big reason why I was so excited to come back in for follow-up rounds). We hit on unique short-term and long-term challenges the company will face in 2017 but I never walked away from these discussions thinking the problems were insurmountable. Any lingering questions I had after each interview were quickly addressed in follow-up rounds.

Special shout-out to my recruiter and recruiting coordinator who helped guide through every stage of this process. They both worked very hard to make sure I had all relevant information ahead of every interview. And if I needed anything, they responded quickly. I hope future candidates are lucky enough to work with these two individuals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to present 'hard truths' to an executive who may not have shared your views. How did you handle this scenario?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable operating both independently and in teams? Can you balance quant and qual data, and then present your findings in different formats, depending on the audience?   Answer Question
    • How will you help TOMS move beyond their core demographic(s) and find new audiences to activate? What resources would you need to achieve this goal?   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TOMS.

Interview

Phone interview: behavioral-based and technical
    In-Person: very casual, but "on the spot" business analysis

Overall, the process was great and to the point. TOMS has a specific "type" they're looking for. Not only does it need to be a technical fit, but the cultural fit is everything. Be sure and understand their culture, vision, mission and values.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me about a time you had limited resources to accomplish a project   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TOMS (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

the Initial application for the job was simple through their jobs portal, but it took over a month to get a response and schedule a phone interview, and after the phone interview I was told I would here back in a couple days with potential dates for an in person interview, but never heard from them again.

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TOMS (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, possibly four if you make it to the final round.
    1st interview = phone interview with recruiter
    2nd interview = phone interview with department manager
    3rd interview = in-person with department team and manager, takes about 90 minutes, interview with two team members firsts, then you interview with the department manager

The recruiter calls to follow up after the in-person interview about a decision.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOMS (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. There was a phone screen, followed by a phone interview the next day, and then an on site interview shortly thereafter. The internal Talent Acquisition Specialist was always on point and amicable. The interview team was friendly, sharp and top-notch professionals who were also passionate about the company and it's culture. I left the interview feeling great about the people and the company.

Interview Questions

• The VP of Talent had some great outside-of-box interview questions.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOMS (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Email exchange with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, a round of in person interviews with the team, and another round of in person interviews with hiring manager and VP of department. I found it to be a standard hiring flow and coordinated well. My experience was positive and I'd recommend going through the interview process to anyone that has the opportunity.

Trade Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOMS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

it was long but very productive, they make sure you are the right fit, there was almost 5 separate interview that lasted from 30 mins to 1 hour, after that they come all together and ask a scenario and get your input, while this seems to be long, i enjoyed it.

Don't worry they provide water and make you comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Do you like giving back to the community?   1 Answer