Talend Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talend Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Talend.

Interview

I went through a referral in Dec 2016 and had my initial phone interview until Jan 2017. After the first round, I had another phone interview with a member on the team. I was told that I'll get an update in a week but a week has passed without a word. I did a couple follow up and no one got back to me. It's one of my unpleasant experiences after reaching out on a few occasions and I don't get a response. It'd be nice to know if I'm moving forward or not.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you prioritize each day when you have multiple interview requests?
      2. What are your strengths?
      Answer Question

Talend Response

Jun 20, 2017 – Candidate Ambassador

Nous sommes désolés d’apprendre que vous n’avez pas apprécié votre expérience chez Talend en tant que candidat. Nous travaillons actuellement sur l’améliorations de nos process de recrutement pour ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Interview

Interviewed for a position at the beginning of the month. Interview process was focused on prior work experience and qualifications. Entire process took a few weeks. I believe that I was discriminated against as the manager and all of the employees that were under the manager were of the same race. One of the employees under the manager that was hired earlier in the year had very similar qualifications to mine. It was pretty obvious what was going on. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

Talend Response

May 11, 2017 – Sr. Director Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your comments on your interview experience very seriously and would like to offer some thoughts on your review. It appears the interview content and ... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They started with two phone interviews, and then an onsite. Once onsite, there was a period of situational questions, followed by two role plays. Then I met the team. They provided lunch, and offered dinner once my particular interview ran long. Everyone in the office worked to accommodate me. The whole thing was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How many calls did you make each day in your previous role?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talend (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two initial phone interviews, the first with the sales recruiter and the other with the hiring manager. I then came into the office for the in person interview, that consisted of basic behavioral questions and two role plays. Overall, it was a very positive experience and everyone involved was very nice and helped me along the way.

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of many stages... an initial interview with the hiring manager, followed by a detailed conversation with a peer of mine about the job. I then had a "situational interview" in which I was asked questions based on real life scenarios. In the final interview I was asked to present my ideas for what I would do in the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the main challenges were in my current job and how I handled that those challenges   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very hands-on interviews and based on real world scenarios. If you haven't been through some of those scenarios in your career, you'd have a hard time answering a lot of the questions.

I spoke with a total of 6 people in different occasions, whole process took around 3 weeks. The Interviewers were very knowledgeable and had specific goals as far as checking my skills (technical, political, communication, client facing, documentation, prioritization, conflict resolution, ability to influence, etc). They were all nice and welcoming, but also rigorous.

They will absolutely read your entire resume and ask you specific questions about what you've done in the past, so be prepared to refresh your memory. They were interested in skills I thought I'd never use again, so they're looking for people with a good breath of knowledge and extensive experience.

HR, recruiter and admin folks were very responsive, professional and polite, much better than the average IT company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when facing a situation where you did most of the work and then someone suddenly took all the credit during a meeting with the client?   Answer Question

Senior Fp&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Efficient and thorough! First a half hour phone-screen, followed by an hour skype with the hiring manager as well as the team members, followed by a half day on-site with the hiring manager, team and CFO. Process was very quick - the entire process was completed from start to finish in the span of 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were primarily focused around my work experience and qualifications. The hiring manager also asked for references as a part of the hiring process.   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is comprehensive and well structured. The interview rounds are detailed below as guidance.
    Round 1: Phone interview with hiring manager. Purpose - Review profile and technical skills.
    Round 2: Skype interview VP of Sales and Alliances. Purpose - Review background, experience and situational questions
    Round 3, Round 4, Round 5, Round 6: Onsite interviews
    One on one with VP Sales and Alliances
    Customer discovery and engagement interview (Purpose - Understand customer engagement skills)
    Customer presentation and demos using Talend products (Purpose - Value proposition)
    Situational interview (Purpose - Understand personality traits)
    Onsite Interview Panel - CTO, Hiring Manager, VP Sales and Manager - Alliances.
    Lunch was pre-ordered for me.
    Round 7: Phone interview with Director of Sales Engineering
    Round 8: Phone interview with SVP Global Sales.
    Despite of the multiple rounds, the entire team is less intimidating and honest in their feedback. The HR team was phenomenal in arranging all resources. Its better to prepare well for both technical and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would be one reason for regretting to join the company after 3 months ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend in August 2016.

Interview

Comprehensive and thorough. The interview process consisted of a multi-stage interview process.

1) Introduction of the company
    2) Triage interview by corporate recruiter
    3) Interview with individual who would be my supervisor
    4) Interview with sales manager
    5) Interview with Sr VP of organization – presentation of effectiveness within 90 days
    6) Situational interview with a panel of participants
    7) Interview with peers
    8) Interview with individual from sales organization I would be supporting.

The interview process was open. As it was not my initial intent to seek employment with Talend, but a solicitation from them that drew my attention, Talend afforded me the latitude to have an interview process that was very much bi-directional.

All individuals were professional, intelligent and approached the interview process prepared.

Customer Success Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a positive experience and a pretty fast turnaround time. The recruiter was on top of the process and made sure that it went swiftly.

Rounds:
    1. Team Member
    2. Team Member
    3. Sr Exec
    4. Sr Exec
    5. Presentation to all the above 4 members

Even though it sounds like a lot of interviews but everyone made me feel at ease. One of the Sr Execs covered a lot of different aspects of technical and Business knowledge which lead to deep discussion about the position, expectations and ability to fill in the gap.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Data Management
      Past experience on Customer Success