Talend Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Strategic Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Application Process:
    One of the Principal Recruiter with Talend has reached out to me via LinkedIn to check if I would be interested in applying for a Strategic Architect role with Talend. The process started with initial meeting with the recruiter where we discussed my background and the opportunities that were available. The recruiter was a strong champion of Talend, educated me on opportunities available, company’s culture, interview process and timelines and answered all my questions.
    Interview Process:
    Overall the interview process consisted of 5 rounds. Initial call with recruiter followed by couple of rounds of technical screenings. Once the technical screenings were completed, participated in a situational round which included team, customer handling scenario based questions. After that was completed was asked to attend the final round of interview at Redwood City for job trail based on a use case that was provided ahead. I had the opportunity to meet 1:1 with hiring manager, he was very helpful and took extra time to ensure all my questions were answered. Next day, I had the opportunity to talk with couple of Executive Leaders, they were very helpful and had provided me opportunities to ask questions.
    Overall, the interview process was very well structured to assess the overall candidate’s abilities including technical, customer handling, right fit and behavioral skills. Throughout the process the Hiring Manager and others were very friendly and would check if I had any questions, as I moved through the process, it not only helped me learn more about Talend but also had helped me learn the great culture and the ONE team environment. Throughout the process, I was always provided timely feedback and clear next steps after each round.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to topics including: Data Integration, Data Migration, Data Management, Data Governance, MDM, Metadata Management, Big Data & Cloud technologies.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview- 1st was the hiring manager, general questions. Next was technical, questions about my experience. a few Linux commands, version control. It felt like the interviewer had already decided not to hire me even before i spoke with him .

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and brought on site for interviews shortly thereafter. HR was super friendly and very responsive during the initial phase and followup. When I arrived on site the HR representative made me feel welcome and right at home and prepared me for the 4 interviews I had lined up that day.

I was extremely impressed with the enthusiasm everyone I interviewed with had towards Talend and the company culture. There were two messages that were reverberated in all of my interviews: "This is an awesome place to work with talented people and a great company culture" and "Talend is up to very exciting things and innovation and growth occurs at a rapid pace". The enthusiasm was infectious and I found myself convinced that I wanted to join the company very early in the interview process.

The interviews felt very much like a back and forth which was refreshing. I found myself not feeling like I was being grilled the whole time and that each interviewer genuinely wanted me to ask a lot of questions and get all the information I was seeking. There were many probative questions about my background and experience during the interview, and at the same time there was a lot of detail about the role I was applying for that was provided. I thought this was a nice balance for a change where each interviewer provided almost as much information as they sought.

After the interviews an offer was made quickly and the negotiation process was straight forward and to the point. HR was extremely professional and easy to communicate with and the timing was lightening fast.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process consists of 2 phone screenings, 3 Skype calls and an onsite with 4 people including the CMO.

The experience has been very positive! I was very impressed by how incredibly organized the process was, the thoroughness and friendliness. The HR team was very responsive through the whole process. They made me feel welcomed during my onsite.

The people I interviewed with asked questions about my past experience and my understanding about this role. They were excellent questions to test whether I was a good fit. I was able to handle the questions because I had relevant experience and I did my homework prior to the interviews.

I am very excited about their products and the incredible career growth opportunities there!

Interview Questions

• There weren’t any unexpected questions. Questions were mostly role related. I would suggest focusing on product launch, sales enablement, industry trends and competitive analysis.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend in July 2014.

Interview

I had a first Skype interview and then two rounds of in-person interviews. Process was pretty straightforward and transparent. People were relax but professional, friendly but to the point.

Then the negotiation process was also fast, with a verbal proposal first and after a few days I received the offer letter .

Frankly one of the smoothest interview and negotiation processes I've gone through recently.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were professional and respectful.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talend (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

They use something called ' Top Grading' to get to the "A" players but the beauty of the process is that it shows you that Talend is like the Dollarstore of the Big Data and integration space ( 5X faster , 5X cheaper is the slogan) . Sales Managment does your reference checks- Caution!! do not provide references until you have a commitment or a offer letter from them in hand as they will embarrass you in front of your references.

Extremely unprofessional and clueless management . Just the basics of setting up a projector or webex session for the job trial presentation was a tedious affair for Senior sales management,it was amusing to see them struggle to just do the basics, fights were breaking out between recruitment people and management as to who is supposed to do what in front of me the candidate. Zero understanding of their own solution or the market space they are trying to play in.

This company will never get to an IPO and if it does will be a bust based on how it treats its prospective employees i can only wonder about its customers!!

All in all a huge joke of a process and company!!!

Interview Questions

• Very easy basic questions , Work trials where you have to do a presentation ( just ask basic sales questions during the presentation.   1 Answer

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very comprehensive and had a variety of stages. A situational interview, role play discovery session, demo build on talend products and a variety of executive interviews. Very well structured and the internal recruiters are very professional and responsive throughout the process.

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Extremely positive. Good conversations with 4 employees, including the internal recruiter, a marketing person, a VP (via Skype), and the manager. The recruiter and team were very organized, professional, and welcoming. The manager asked excellent questions that allowed me to give her a good sense of my strengths, challenges, and work style. The interview sold me on working at this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made major changes to a project.   Answer Question
    • Has anyone disagreed with you? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Talend in September 2014.

Interview

The communication with this company is bad. It took over 4 weeks to get an answer with regards to the position. HR couldn't seem to make up their minds if they wanted hire me or not. Then they said if they would offer me the position it would be on a temp to perm. By the time they got back to me I accepted another offer. Run from this company with communication this bad the company in time will go down sooner than later

Accepted another offer since it was over a month when they got back to me

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood Shores, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

My first interview was a casual one. I met with the VP and director of sales. We discussed my background, education, and interest in working in sales. After learning a bit about me, to set my expectations, they disclosed that the role had not yet opened up. But they were interviewing to line up potential candidates. I learned a little bit more about the role I was interviewing for and asked if it was something I'd be interested in. Once the meeting concluded they let me know that I would be in touch with someone from Talend once they were ready to fill the role. It was a good experience.

The next interview was onsite at their new office in Redwood Shores. I briefly spoke with the director again, before meeting the rest of the sales team. It was an open discussion for me to learn more about the ins and outs of the role. I also got to ask the team questions. It was a great experience to learn about who I'd be working with.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They started with two phone interviews, and then an onsite. Once onsite, there was a period of situational questions, followed by two role plays. Then I met the team. They provided lunch, and offered dinner once my particular interview ran long. Everyone in the office worked to accommodate me. The whole thing was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How many calls did you make each day in your previous role?   Answer Question