Talend Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2017

3.1

Technical Architecture Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 rounds... first one was with the recruiter; the second one was with the hiring manager... fairly technical and about past experiences; the third one was technical; the fourth one was a situation based interview and finally the fifth one was an onsite interview where I was asked to create and come prepared with a presentation that I had to present in front of a panel, also had a couple of one on one's. The whole process was rigorous and very well structured with an extremely helpful, amiable and polite recruiter who provided timely communication. I enjoyed the entire recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Primarily around big data technologies, implementations from a data integration perspective and traditional concepts like data governance and MDM. There were also situation based questions around dealing with clients when in an engagement and team play related. There was a role play when presenting in front of the panel in the final round   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Talend in November 2017.

Interview

I got a call from very knowledgeable recruiter about the opportunity. He took into account my career goals and aspirations and explained me the job profile and company culture. This 45 mins no-rush conversation made me believe in Talend culture. Of-course, I went through Glassdoor reviews.

First interview:
    Was with the Regional Head of Professional services. It turned out to be very friendly and straight forward discussion. He was very candid and crisp clear. He was super prompt and sent feedback within just hours.

Second interview:
    Was with the Delivery Manager and same Regional Head of Professional services.
    Some technical discussion and duties of this role.
    It was very open communication and both of them were asking me mix of technical and role specific questions.
    The Delivery Manager was equally nice professional.
    Again, they were very quick in feedback.

Third interview:
    Was with their Principle consultant. He was very well educated and appeared to be thorough professional.
    The questions, he asked were to the point for the role and generic in nature.
    We could spent 30 mins instead of allotted 60 mins. As it appears with a couple misses, he had could not judge me completely - may be I didn't fully understand his expectations which may happen in such open ended interviews.

Must mentioned that the Principle consultant was also very candid that he could not fully judge me.

The recruiter was very crisp in sharing the feedback on third round and he asked me my stand / situation - very exemplary.

He went extra mile to talk to his management to help move the process forward with success.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It is a challenging interview process. I think , since the cycle was compressed (compared to other reviews) this helped increase the stress of the process. However, I always knew where I was in the process, what was going to happen next, and how soon I would hear back on if I was successful or not.

Interview Questions

• The final (and on-site) interview includes a job trial scenario. For this position, it is a one hour presentation based on a scenario provided in advance (to allow you time to create the presentation).   Answer Question

Principal Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The whole process was well structured, led by a very professional and friendly recruiter. After the initial conversation with the recruiter, I had 5 more interviews which include technical, situational, and role play. The whole process is vigorous and it reminds me of the game The American Ninja where you have to go through different challenges to get to the finish line. All the interviewers are highly professional and asked relevant questions that would help evaluate if it's a good fit. Of all the companies I interviewed with, Talend has the most professional recruitment process, interviewers, and recruiter.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview- 1st was the hiring manager, general questions. Next was technical, questions about my experience. a few Linux commands, version control. It felt like the interviewer had already decided not to hire me even before i spoke with him .

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very comprehensive and had a variety of stages. A situational interview, role play discovery session, demo build on talend products and a variety of executive interviews. Very well structured and the internal recruiters are very professional and responsive throughout the process.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very interesting process which included multiple cross-functional interviews and role play scenarios. Talend management team was very thorough in understanding cultural fit, as well as making sure that I was comfortable with the Talend team and culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle (insert different situation here)?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Talend.

Interview

I went through a referral in Dec 2016 and had my initial phone interview until Jan 2017. After the first round, I had another phone interview with a member on the team. I was told that I'll get an update in a week but a week has passed without a word. I did a couple follow up and no one got back to me. It's one of my unpleasant experiences after reaching out on a few occasions and I don't get a response. It'd be nice to know if I'm moving forward or not.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you prioritize each day when you have multiple interview requests?
      2. What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Talend Response

Jun 20, 2017 – Candidate Ambassador

Nous sommes désolés d’apprendre que vous n’avez pas apprécié votre expérience chez Talend en tant que candidat. Nous travaillons actuellement sur l’améliorations de nos process de recrutement pour... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Interview

Interviewed for a position at the beginning of the month. Interview process was focused on prior work experience and qualifications. Entire process took a few weeks. I believe that I was discriminated against as the manager and all of the employees that were under the manager were of the same race. One of the employees under the manager that was hired earlier in the year had very similar qualifications to mine. It was pretty obvious what was going on. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

Talend Response

May 11, 2017 – Sr. Director Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your comments on your interview experience very seriously and would like to offer some thoughts on your review.

It appears the interview content and... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They started with two phone interviews, and then an onsite. Once onsite, there was a period of situational questions, followed by two role plays. Then I met the team. They provided lunch, and offered dinner once my particular interview ran long. Everyone in the office worked to accommodate me. The whole thing was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How many calls did you make each day in your previous role?   Answer Question