Cover image for Talend

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Talend Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 142 of over 142 interviews

Employee Referral10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waiblingen

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talend (Waiblingen) in Nov 2022

Interview

- Intro - very pleasant even though we had some technical issues - Intro applicant - Insides into Talend and unit - open conversation about several challenges and topics of the unit, company and industry - commercials - next steps

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a bit about your career. What achievements did you make? What do you want to know about Talend?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Philadelphia, PA) in Oct 2022

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. We set up an initial screening call which basically covered introductions, background experience and evaluation for my suitability for the role. The following day I got an email to choose a date for an online assessment. I did the assessment online 2 days later that covered java installation and configuration on a Windows servers and troubleshooting basic installation, networking, SQL, and email communication. A day later I was invited to select a date for an interview with about 4 managers from in the US. This session was a bit thorough but fun and mostly covered support topics and some role playing to evaluate my ability to handle support requests. A day later I got another email to set up a call with the recruiter who informed me I passed and got the job and gate me details of the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience with Apache Tomcat, Java, SQL and Troubleshooting windows and Mac. Why choose Talend ?

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

452.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Talend~330195
Join the conversation on

Talend

Application

I interviewed at Talend

Interview

Nice and straightforward. Was always kept informed, was a big fan of each of the interviewers techniques and how highly they spoke of the company. Helped me make a very easy decision in joining tge company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Redwood City, CA) in Oct 2022

Interview

1. Online application 2. Phone screen with the Recruiter 3. Interview with Hiring Manager 4. Interview with members of the Product Marketing team 5. Interview the Director of a related team 6. Interview with VP of Product Management 7. Follow-up interview with Hiring Manager

Interview Questions
  • What is your thought process when bringing a product to market? What kind of work environment/culture do you thrive in?

Talend

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend in Oct 2022

Interview

The process involved a technical challenge and a group interview with job hypotheticals and a role play. The process was very fair and there were no "gotchas" or quizzing of random technical trivia.

Interview Questions
  • There was a technical challenge involving a VM and some database and software tasks with 90 minutes to complete them.
  • There was a customer role-play scenario that is actually given to you in advance to prepare.

Talend

Application

I interviewed at Talend

Interview

Easy questions like. What programming languages do you use? Which three do you prefer, or are most familiar with? What do you think are the most important aspects to pay attention to when reviewing another team member’s code? Do you consider unit testing essential, or a waste of time? What has your experience been like as part of an agile software development process, if any?

Interview Questions
  • What programming languages do you use? Which three do you prefer, or are most familiar with?

Talend

Application

I interviewed at Talend

Interview

The process included a take home coding project, one pair coding session, one database design interview, and one behavioral with the CTO. The process lasted about 1 month for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Pune)

Interview

Very nice interview process. The HR follows up with you regularly. The interview panel was very welcoming. I had 3 rounds: 2 Technical 1 Managerial The technical interviews were nice and the panel was knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding QA processes. Program to find the power of a number
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madridejos

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (Madridejos) in May 2022

Interview

I applied on-líne, through LinkedIn. The recruiter contacted in a day. He was pretty interested and we have a phone interview 2 days later. Later on that week he arrange a meeting with the presales director and the presales manager. Both interviews went well. Some odd quesitons but nothing particular strange. I was asked to have a panel and preparation meeting for the week after. Some odd comments but honestly I had no clue on what was going on. I got the material and some directions for the panel. I worked on the panel, including some tech stuff for 5 days… It was scheduled for Monday. On Friday afternoon I got a cancelation email. Just metioned they sing with the solution consultant this week. Honestly I found this company a complete mess and dispectfull with candidates. The position is still opened.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talend (San Jose, CA) in May 2022

Interview

There were 5 rounds: Recruiter, Hiring Manager, VP, technical round, and finally a Tableau test. Most of the questions were about my previous work experience and skill set. The technical round included questions about SQL and Tableau

Interview Questions
  • -Previous work experience -Experience with working with stakeholders
Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Interviews

Talend Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Talend as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.12 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Technical Support Engineer and Senior Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Sales Development Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Talend takes an average of 30 days when considering 110 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Technical Support Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Principal Customer Success Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 54 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Talend according to 110 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.71%