Talend Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The messaging on Big Data and the Cloud was spot on" (in 19 reviews)

• "You work on many open source technologies" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Usual growing pains associated with high-growth companies -- it can be hard to keep the orchestra in sync when all instruments are playing at once" (in 3 reviews)

• "Les conditions sur le lieu de travail se sont am" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company with Awesome Products and Work Culture"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiting process was A+ and very structured. My HR contact was awesome and explained the entire recruiting process to me, during our first conversation. My HR contact guided me well thru the entire process and what to expect along the way. One of the great attributes of my HR contact was excellent communication and keeping me abreast of current status and recruiting developments. Without guidance from my HR contact, the recruiting journey would not have been so smooth. Thanks again and I'm glad to be part of the Talend Team.

Cons

None so far, being a new employee

2. "Incredible company with the best and brightest minds in tech.!"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone from the recruiters, to HR, to the office manager are incredibly kind and brilliant. People here love what they do, are passionate about changing the world, and making your journey to the Cloud easy and accessible for all.

Cons

None so far, other than I work remote and I miss the home office team when Im out of town!

3. "Interview Process"

Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview process was well planned and executed. Multi-step process but was executed flawlessly. Impressed with Recruitment, HR, hiring team and management! Way to go Talend!

Cons

None at this time since I am new to company.

4. "Great Company, Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Technical Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-from-home (Flexible schedule)
    Good Pay and Benefits
    Employee Stock Purchase Program
    Approachable managment

Cons

Still a somewhat small company so lots of work to do and not enough employees to do it all.

5. "Software Engineer on Data Integration"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Miami, FL

I worked at Talend full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Data centered, open source, open for communication, well-organized

Cons

1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    4. no
    5. no

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product and outstanding opportunity to rule the data integration market. There is a lot of marketing and SDR support which makes our jobs so much easier. Great team support and solid leadership. Everyone wants to help.

Cons

Process improvement and operational parts, particularly in CRM data. Clean it up.

Advice to Management

Focus more time on individual growth and development.

7. "Bright future ahead"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great team, great leadership, smart people

Cons

work hours can be extensive

"Much talk, no action... stop the stack rankings"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Talend full-time

Pros

Comp plan is decent and many account execs are killing it here and achieving over quota. Good place to be if you have many years of experience in enterprise software. Lots of money to be made in big data.

Cons

Management claims transparency but they operate in a dishonest way. There was an external firm they hired to conduct a survey of how employees felt about Talend's culture. The results were tabulated, and the report was made available to all employees. Seems pretty transparent right? Since then, no action items have been taken to improve the culture at Talend other than the CEO claiming that it brought tears to his eyes during our recent Town Hall. There are rumors floating around that some of the employees who responded negatively to the survey did not receive a good performance review. Was the purpose of the survey really to improve things at Talend or was it to eliminate any and all dissent?

Advice to Management

These expensive consultants have made their reports. What will you do now to implement their suggestions to improve Talend's culture? The attrition rate is horrible. Stop the stack ranking during annual reviews - it is an outdated way of doing reviews, and other tech companies have done away with it several years ago. The CEO openly invites us to have a chat in his office-why would anyone do that and risk their job, given what just happened?

Talend Response

Jun 29, 2017 – CEO

I’m glad you see an opportunity to make a lot of money here at Talend, and believe we have the market, product, and comp plans to give everyone a great opportunity. But I’m sorry to see that you have... More

"What an SKO, Talend is rocking."

Current Employee - AE
    Current Employee - AE

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vision, Disrupting the market. What a Sales Kick Off. The best I have ever been too, and I have been to a lot. The messaging on Big Data and the Cloud was spot on. Great customer use cases presented. They even had a VP of a real customer present why he bought Talend. It was the best presentation on the value proposition on how to build a Big Data environment, using Talend as the cornerstone to this strategy.

Plus SKO was at The Broadmoor, wow what a place.

Talend is such a great place to be right now. People are doing big deals, we have a marketing team supporting the ae, and the management team is executing on the vision. The executives had a open forum session, and they we very transparent with all the questions from the team, and it was a great vibe to feel the cohesiveness. Growing fast and taking names from the competition.

Cons

Growth is always hard, and Talend is adding hundreds of people each year, which is always hard to get all those people integrated adding value. But so far so good. The SE's even recently hired are doing great POC work in just a few short months.

Advice to Management

Keep the enthusiasm alive, you have the right vision, just keep hiring great people and letting them execute.

"Great time to join!"

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talend is in the early IPO stage and things are very exciting. We have a fast paced environment with very little to no hand holding. This creates a culture of creativity and accountability for all levels of employees. You have the opportunity to create, build, and own processes on a global scale and run with projects from the ground up.

The people who work here are smart and motivated.

Cons

Growing pains are a reality for all fast growing companies. Processes need to be built where there is nothing in place. New territories need to be broken into and many people have to wear many different hats that are not necessarily part of their job description. This can be tiring and frustrating but also exciting.

Advice to Management

Build onto a greater global Talend culture. Bring ALL employees together for Talend contests, events, and updates to make us feel more like a unified company. Your people are your greatest asset, help us to feel more connected with one another, especially remote employees.