Talkdesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Talkdesk

2.4

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talkdesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for phone interview. Misled in the interview to think there was interest. Based on employee reviews, I am glad the interview process did not go further.

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talkdesk in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day for a phone screen. My phone screen was rescheduled. Initially, I thought the process was a bit disorganized. After waiting for half an hour, I had to email the recruiter to see if we were still going to chat. Despite the delayed conversation, I enjoyed how transparent the recruiter was about the company, salary compensations and expectations of the role. Be prepared for questions like tell me about yourself, what career path you're interested in and salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Talkdesk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talkdesk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and we had quick chat regarding the position. I was not actively looking but figured I'd keep my options open and the company seemed like a great place to work (via Glassdoor). Recruiter sold me hard on the company and the people. She then set up a phone call with the hiring manager and me. I found it odd that the role at hand would report to someone like her because of her background. She didn't have any direct experience in what the role entailed.

When I spoke with the hiring manager, I was taken aback by the questions asked. We had 30 minutes and she literally spent 15 minutes on what TalkDesk does and what she did. That left 15 minutes for her questions and any questions I may have. The questions she asked had nothing to do with my current role (which is exactly what the role was) and more about why I decided to leave my past jobs. I tried to get back onto my experience but she didn't ask many questions about that. I had tried to field questions to get us back to topic but she managed to circle back and 1. either talk about herself or 2. talk about something irrelevant.

I did not hear back from TalkDesk, even though she said there will be followup. I figured this interview was about them getting to know me but it was just as much about me getting to know them too. And I found this experience pretty terrible all around.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talkdesk.

Interview

I've interviewed multiple times for positions working remotely for Talkdesk. They've proactively reached out to me asking me to interview each time. Despite having positive interviews, EVERY SINGLE TIME they follow up stating they are now changing their mind and want to hire somebody in office as opposed to remote. Why even bother asking me to interview? You're wasting my time and your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talkdesk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had phone interviews with recruiting and the hiring manager, followed by onsite interviews with a number of people. In short, if you didn't go to Haas, don't waste your time.

I found out over the course of the onsite interview that not only 5 people in the department went to Haas, they were all there at the same time! Don't misunderstand, I like Haas, indeed I tend to like their grads better than most from Stanford or any other B-school out there. I've worked with many of them and they are very talented marketers. On occasion though, their tragic flaw is to prefer their own. I'm not here to judge them for that, like I said in the end I like working with them, but it makes me wonder: why did they even bother to waste *their* time talking to me? It was pretty clear they'd never hire me.

The interview was set up in a timely fashion, but I was suddenly asked late Friday afternoon to prepare a case study to be presented at the interview Monday morning. I worked on it the better part of the weekend and showed up prepared. I was then told at the interview that they didn't want to see it. Instead, at the end of the interviews they would give me a problem to solve, 30 minutes alone to do so, and then everyone would return to for me to present my solution. Suddenly at the end everybody was busy, only two people came to my presentation. They listened to my solution, asked no questions, and ushered me out the door.

Also note that the first marketing hire is still with company, and while she now works in recruiting, she'll likely be part of the interview line up. It's not clear if she is still involved as a matter of courtesy for her past contributions or if she is assessing team fit. Nonetheless, do not dismiss her as a recruiter.

In the end the whole thing was a huge waste of time, especially the weekend I spent preparing.

Interview Questions

Talkdesk Response

Nov 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience interviewing with Talkdesk. We often ask candidates to prepare a case study and in order to standardize the process, the number of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Talkdesk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

HR reached out months ago, then they posted a job that was proper for my experience level so reached back out just to check it out. Met with internal recruiter on the phone, met COO in person, then was asked to come in for a panel presentation. CEO slot was cancelled when I showed up so sat with HR who asked canned questions to fill the hour which was a waste of time. Overall company seemed fine, but wasn't impressed with culture and lacked vision. I think they believe they are bigger and more impactful in the crowded call center space than they are. Wouldn't address growth nor would they disclose existing revenue and revenue goals to give a sense of company success or direction. Process was quick, everything seemed urgent and not well planned — overall team lacks maturity.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest thing that is missing from our marketing today?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talkdesk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter set up our first call & canceled ay the time is was scheduled for. In the email where he said it wasn't a good time to talk, he asked to move our call to the next day and I sent him back a few times. He never emailed me back. I sent him a follow-up note a few weeks later and he wrote, "I certainly like to be a lot more communicative and make sure that our candidates have a great experience, so I am very sorry to hear that this may not have been handled with the same expected care. I would certainly like to chat with you at my next availability." This was a nice note & after the make up call, he told me they'd get back to me in 48 hours regarding next steps. I still haven't heard from the recruiter and it's been a month. Very unprofessional.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talkdesk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out at random expressing that my background looked fantastic and they'd love to consider me for the high-growth sales team they are building out. At face value I wasn't very interested, but after a further look I liked what I saw. I responded a week later that I'd be happy to have a call. A week after a very basic phone screen, I received a response that there wouldn't be a fit. All I can really say is I don't appreciate having my time wasted. If my background clearly fits the job qualifications and you reached out to me, I can't understand only getting to the point of an initial call.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talkdesk.

Interview

I walked in, wasn't able to find HR, no one was able to really assist me without passing me off. They the VP of Sales swooped me up for 25 minutes on a side-couch then offers the job. Simple.

Interview Questions

Talkdesk Response

Oct 25, 2016 – Marketer

We are sorry that you had a negative experience and appreciate your feedback. Since you interviewed with Talkdesk we established both our Talent Acquisition and HR functions. We have also placed an... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talkdesk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens and in person. The phone screens were with one recruiter and one sales manager. They asked typical sales questions that usually are asked in an interview. Why should we hire you? What have you overcome in the past? They also test your character?

Interview Questions

• Typical sales interview questions. Don't buy into their promises.   Answer Question