Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Global Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter, there were several phone interviews with the talent manager and then they hiring manager. Scheduled for a face-to-face Panel Interview process, meeting with several individuals throughout the course of an entire day. After meeting individually with each panel member, there a final group panel review.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and what can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

They speak with you one on one. That was the best part. Felt like they really cared to know me. After that the ball can be dropped. It seems like they only have 3 people in their HR department, and you're playing phone tag. The length of this whole process was ridiculous.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Standard process: phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews. I was required to write a one-page summary on the key benefits for one of the ingredients they were launching at the time.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the food industry was preferred. Several questions about my previous employer and my familiarity with the industry.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and given a preliminary screening. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager was set up. After I passed that screening, I was invited in for a face to face interview with several team members that seemed to go well. I was then put "On hold", with not much information coming back. They seemed to have a tough time making a decision, and the position had been open for some time. After waiting about 6 weeks, I received an offer for another company and let them know. They thanked me without explanation about the status of the positon there.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then an onsite interview. The people were really professional and respectful.
    They asked questions regarding my resume and background as well as soft skills questions.
    They gave me the offer and I accepted it. I should also mention that the process after accepting offer was really good. They also have really nice HR staffs who will take care of the process after accepting the offer very well.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Plano, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was invited to interview on-site. I prepared for the on-site interview and researched the company which made the interview process a lot easier. I found out after the interview that they would only reimburse me for the airfare and the hotel. I had to absorb all other costs.

Interview Questions

• What position do you expect to have 5 years from now?   1 Answer

No relocation was offered and the salary was lower than my current salary

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

4 interview sessions, one technical and the others based primarily on personality. Two interviewers per session. Did not feel overwhelmed by anyone and had plenty of chances to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Terre Haute, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite simple. They mainly asked behavioral questions with a few where I had to explain what I would do in a certain situation. Technical questions were limited, but did ask about projects and groups worked with during college.

Interview Questions

• Describe your design experience in college.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The interview process was well organized. Each person had very thoughtful questions that directly pertained top three work at hand. It was a bit of a long day talking with several team members, but I got a good feel for the culture and responsibilities from a wide range of views. I had a nice lunch and got to speak with someone about the company more during that.

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Decatur, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online human resources emailed and set up a phone interview after phone interview did not hear anythibg for three weeks. Finally got an email that they went with another candidate