Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.8

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Ask mainly based on resume.
    1 on 1 interview each for 30-60 min. Met 6 people total.
    Before onsite there is a 10 min talk with hr manager followed by 30-60 min phone interview with hiring manager.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN).

Interview

The provided housing and dinner for the first night. We went to breakfast and then came to the plant for a tour. We ate lunch and then went through three back to back interviews. There was a group of 6 of us. Three from my school and three from another school. They had more groups coming through after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of detailed questions about topics on my resume.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and contacted the HR person directly on LinkedIn to request an interview. Had a phone interview with the HR guy, which seemed fruitful because he invited me in for an interview the following week and offered to give me a tour of the company. I never heard back from him to schedule it, however. I called him to follow up and he told me he'd call me in a few days to confirm a date for the in-person interview. When days passed with no call, I called again and left a voice mail. Also followed up via email, but it was radio silence. Why tell a job candidate you're interested if you're going to blow them off entirely? I found this experience to be incredibly rude and unprofessional. This guy gives HR people a bad rep.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview with one of the Senior Staff Engineers. Got to ask questions about the position after the interview was over. Took about half an hour. Interviewer was friendly and open about their experiences working for the company.

PDG Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hammond, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The process Started with a skype call with HR and hiring manager. This was a general questioning with no specific job. After review they called and asked I do an onsite interview. The interview was with pairs of different managers. Each one had an opening in their area. There was also a plant tour and lunch. A few weeks later an offer was proposed. Over all the process was great and really taylored to find a match of what both parties were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding what I wanted to do in the company so they could best match my needs   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly technical about experience. Lots of back to back interviews. Everyone kept asking if I had any questions. I had a pretty good list of questions, but by the time I left I was "questioned out". Everyone was very nice and wanting to make it a welcoming environment. It seemed like a really good place to work.

Data Analyst Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone , in person and field trip.
    Very nice people, makes you feel comfortable and they know what to ask.
    Took almost a month to call me for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions and some technical questions also followed by a field trip to Lafayette plant.   Answer Question

Global Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Many interviews with multiple levels. While it is fine to request multiple interviews at this level, you should not be putting candidates through this process if you aren't serious about them. This could have been completed over the phone. Poor management style for conducting interviews. Either you can make a decision or you can't without bringing everyone into a meeting.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat technical and mostly relationship oriented   1 Answer

IT Finance Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

After a 4+ week interview process in which I completed four different assessments, championed four rigorous interviews (two of which were attended by the SVP of Business Performance and the Director of FP&A and Central Functions), and submitted a urine sample for drug/alcohol screening, I was offered the job with a benefits package.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Several days after the job was offered it was rescinded because the original job specification was inaccurate and did not reference the type of academic credentials required for this position. Clearly this company reasoned that my 15+ years in the financial industry and wealth of knowledge as a senior leader in several of my previous roles disqualified me from this position. Never did I misrepresent myself. My educational background was never discussed only my work experience in which C-Suite references would have corroborated. Such unethical treatment is a reflection of the type of management you can expect from this company!

Electric and Instrumental Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loudon, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN).

Interview

Tate and Lyle typically hires temps thru ATA temp agency. I was employed at a contractor currently working at the site and was hired into T&L while employed at the other company. I was able to be observed by T&L management while working on plant site before being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions relating to electrical and instrumentation repair. They were real interested in knowing how I would trouble shoot a motor that was down. The correct answer that they were looking for was to "meg" the motor looking for issues.   Answer Question