TaylorMade Golf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.8

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and streamlined. It was a 2-3 step process starting with a phone interview. From there I was able to meet the team and the supervisor for the group. Overall, it was very informative and straight forward with high visibility into the role.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was good. Everyone was nice to talk to.They claimed to have booked me for a hotel but I got to the hotel and the front desk lady told me that the room was not covered and I had to pay for it. This would normally not be a problem but it has been 2.5 months since my interview and I have emailed and called HR at least once per week to try to get reimbursed for my expenses.

This is very unprofessional to interview and tell the interviewee that expenses are paid for to take over 2 months to get reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

Most of the questions were soft ball like questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with talent acquisition and then in person with hiring manager. The phone interview went well. After the face to face interview, I never heard back even after follow up emails. Overall the company was great and seemed like a positive work environment. I rated the overall interview experience as negative since nobody closed the loop with me.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

There was a screening interview with a recruiter, and then a 30 minute interview with PD upper management. With the help of the recruiter, the process was very quick, and painless.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at Taylor-made Adidas Golf?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf.

Interview

Interview with department manager and director, display knowledge of the industry, familiarity with products and competitors. Meet with other department personnel. Present a strategy if hired on how you would impact the role.

Brand Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf.

Interview

It took about 5 days of playing phone tag with the recruiter (and the recruiter rescheduling once), before my phone interview. It seemed odd to me that the recruiter was so unavailable and unwilling to schedule a time over email. The recruiter asked very basic questions (mostly centered around my knowledge about golf and experience related to the position). It was immediately apparent that the recruiter knew nothing about golf, which I found surprising since there was so much focus on it. Pretty quickly into the discussion, the recruiter asked about my current base salary. I replied by asking what the salary range was for the position, which the recruiter declined to share. After the recruiter asked a few different times about my current base salary (it was getting a little confrontational at this point), I shared and explained some other benefits I receive - 401k, free healthcare, stock options, etc. Immediately after I shared my salary she told me the range for the position (which seemed odd because of the initial reluctance to do so), which was 60-75% of my current salary. The interview ended pretty quickly after that.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide writing samples? Explain your experience and interest in golf. What's your handicap? What type of relevant work experience do you have? What's your current salary?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Resume submittal via tech consulting firm. In-person occurred 2-weeks later. Hiring managers were not prepared with questions pertaining to my experience. One of the hiring managers had a bad attitude and he didn't want to shake my hand when I reached out to introduce myself.
    The experience was unprofessional and cold. Also the department staff quit, hence the eCommerce dept. wanted to hire a PM to wear Multiple hats outside of the scope of a PM.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Process was fast. The recruiting team on site was very in tune with the production team managers. They prepared me for questions and gave me very in depth information about the job. I felt very prepared.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with operating machinery? Rate my computer skills. Rate my management skills or none.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Applied through their corporate recruiter, with a recommendation/referral from someone I know that works there.

Had a phone interview with TaylorMade corporate recruiter, asked how I stacked up against the job description. I had everything except for one or two things (I later learned that most of their candidates lacked the same things). Otherwise went well and call lasted longer than scheduled.

Contacted a few days later by the recruiter and she asked me to come on site for interview with herself, followed by the Director of Middleware and Development, to whom this role would report.

Came on site (early) on that day for my 10am interview. Recruiter was unavailable because she was stuck in another meeting, so some random person took me to a conference room where I met with the Director. I thought this just went ok. He was a generally nice, intelligent person, but VERY difficult to read so it was unclear as to what he really thought of me during the interview. We talked about my skills and experience. All of my experience/skills meet or exceed the MYRIAD of things listed in the job description, except that I don't have A LOT of experience working with off shore resource (I have some), and I don't have Oracle EBS experience (but I was told they haven't been able to find anyone with Oracle EBS).

Corporate recruiter joined us for the tail end, then the Director left. Then I spent 30-45 min. talking with recruiter. Had what I thought was a GREAT conversation. She shared a ton about the company, allowed me a lot of time to talk about my views on leadership and management (this position would have direct reports), and while I don't know that I was the best candidate they say, I was and still am very confident that I was up there near the top.

Before I left, recruiter asked me if I was available for 2nd interview with more people some time the following week. I said yes, told her any time was fine. She said she would be in touch and told me, "Wait until you see our campus! It is awesome!". I left the place feeling unsure, but good.

As soon as I got back to my computer after the interview, I sent both the Director and the corporate recruiter a personalized thank you message (one letter directly to each).

The following week (the week I was supposed to be called in for second interview), I sat on the edge of my seat Monday through Friday awaiting a phone call or e-mail from the corporate recruiter. Silence. Thursday, I saw that the job was reposted on public job board. That was a confusing, but I tried not to read too much into that. Friday I called the recruiter to follow up directly, but there was no answer so I left a friendly voice message.

The NEXT Monday, I received an email from the recruiter very late in the day, apologizing for not calling me back and promising to call me the next day (Tuesday) before lunch. I replied in agreement, then cleared my extremely busy calendar for that morning to be available for the call that would come at any given point.

Guess what? Silence that day, and for the rest of the week. Wednesday, the job was posted on yet another public job board.

What started as a pleasant experience, and a good perception of this recruiter, turned sour real fast. I am a professional- I understand that I may not be selected for the position. I would have LOVED a generic, copy-paste, cold rejection e-mail right away so I could just move on, but instead I was given the run around, and almost zero communication and transparency.

You can judge the character of a person by how they treat the person who can do nothing for them. And in this case, I was treated with nothing but blatant disrespect. I don't think there is an excuse. "Recruiter doesn't know how to give bad news", "recruiter was too swamped", whatever. This is yet another recruiter who doesn't really have any people or professional skills sufficient enough to do the right thing for people just on principle. Sad. Not just for me, but for everyone else who has to suffer through that until this person gains some professional experience and is treated that way by someone else one day.

If this recruiter is a representation of the people that work there, especially what my peers would be like, perhaps...just perhaps... I don't want to work there anyway.

Interview Questions

• When can you come back for a follow up interview?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Position (Metalwoods) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TaylorMade Golf (Springfield, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website, unbelievably recieved a call from HR a few weeks later. The woman was very nice and we spoke for about 20 minutes. She asked a few questions about my resume/experience and at the end of the call told me she would set up a phone interview with the Director of Engineering. The interview came around and it was a VERY long 30minute call. At one point he apologized and said "sorry for grilling you so hard". Director ended our call with the advice "I understand you love for the game of golf and I tell everyone looking to get their foot in the door to stay in contact with HR. They can be your best friend". unfortunately I was not offered the job but the experience of the call was very helpful. Hoping to continue my relationship with HR and apply to jobs here regularly

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer ~25 very similar questions along the lines of...
      Give me an example of a team setting you were in when everyone had ideas they were working on for countless hours and you had to explain to a teammate why their idea could not be used.
      Give me an example of a team setting where your ideas were not used, how did you handle this?
      etc...   Answer Question