Technica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technica Interview Questions

3.1

IT Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Technica (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied 8/30 contacted early October.

During interview the role changed from IT EA to Program Manager.

One question on EA nothing deeper. Had prepared for EA questions was able pivoted to PM. Obviously not successfully (no offer).

Seemed like they wanted a jack of all trades that could handle a lions den.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone from the Air Force?   1 Answer
    • What would you do the first day, since you're in control of this project? (PM question)   1 Answer
    • What EA Artifacts, documents have you provided?   1 Answer
    • Please elaborate about your PPBES experience because this client may also appreciate this aspect of your background?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technica (Dulles, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Did the interviews over Skype and had a pretty good experience. The hiring manager seemed to understand my role and value and asked the right questions. He also made me feel at ease, like a colleague. He spent time selling me on the company, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked specifically about how I gather information for producing documentation, which is much of my job title. A lot of companies don't understand that, so it was a good sign for me that they knew what I was expected to do.   Answer Question

Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Technica (Dulles, VA).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and put through a single-round of in-person interviews by HR and an Engineering Manager. The position was dependent on passing nine internal technical tests (in 2008). This is no longer a part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about relatively outdated technology (ATM). This was never relevant to my actual work with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had little leverage and took the first offer ($40k)

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They make it seem like this is a good position, but it really isn't. Not honest at all in interview.

Negotiation

It was OK.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Technica.

Interview

Phone screening and in person interview. In person there was a written portion that allowed me to write to a certain prompt for 20~25 minutes. After that, it was the technical and skill set interview.

Senior Systems Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technica (Dulles, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had phone screen then interview in person. Took a little while for the offer to go through had to wait for CEO to sign it. other than that people was nice from start to finish

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Technica (Dulles, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process went OK. The people were very nice during the interview. I think they are nice to the interview person. Just come in prepared and you will be OK. But the experience at the company was no that great.

Interview Questions

• Do a basic chalk-board example   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Technica in July 2013.

Interview

They found my resume online and called me. The hr woman wanted to know my salary and i refused to tell her. She then asked what i was looking for and I told her-she said that was reasonable.

The screening process consisted of being able to interpret research papers. I passed that and I was brought in for a face to face interview. I got the offer. But here come's the good part- I was offered almost 20k less than what I was initially told! The stories on here about them low-balling is true!

The hr woman then tried to justify not giving me a higher salary because of "auditing purposes" and then belittled my experience to further her cause. Shady as hell!

I rejected the offer.

low-balled on salary

Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Technica (Dulles, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

2 interviews in 4 weeks.

Negotiation

easy

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Technica (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

Technica gets people to commit to the company by having rounds of interviews. I turned down other offers. Then they low balled me on salary. I get paid 20K a year less than colleagues at other companies. There is one day of orientation when they quickly go through everything and I found out that they pay once a month, I wouldn't get a full paycheck for 7 weeks, and I couldn't take any leave for 3 months. I found out later I had to take 8 hour increments of leave without pay if I needed any time off.

Interview Questions

• general questions about my background. Nothing too detailed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interview was easy. After the fact was when they got me. Go somewhere else.