Technip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technip Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Technip.

Interview

I had an email confirmation about the schedule of the phone interview, and had the phone interview at the scheduled time for around an hour. Basically they asked technical questions and the experience background. And in one week, I got the email confirmation from the HR department.

Interview Questions

• what are the main challenges in the past projects you had?   Answer Question

Interview

Basic phone interview. Asked about interest, GPA, classes, and other normal things. Very nice and willing to answer any question. Phone interview lasted about an hour and was very professional. Information was given for follow up, and they kept in contact until a decision was made. Overall a very impressive interview.

Senior Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technip (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position with a referral and was offered an interview. I sat for a lengthy interview of 2+ hours and then met with HR for another hour. I was offered a position shortly after (don't remember the number of days-less than a week).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation when a document is needed by the site but is not available?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was via email and was fair. I was impressed by the real-ness of the interview and the negotiation process.

Pipe Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Technip (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

it was a double interview with a manager of projects and a pipe manager by 2 hrs they asking for my experience in piping and they ask about my available and second languages, because they ask in spanish too and english

Interview Questions

• about skills for pipe stress analysis, using of software and codes   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Technip (Claremont, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

no so easy. supervisor was courteous but serious. a lots of detail questions. hour long interview was long enough. atmosphere was friendly. hope to get invited to interview again.

Interview Questions

• how was your previous employer   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technip in January 2013.

Interview

horrible experience. the interviewer made me take a timed section test (like the ASVAB) in front of him while he sat there to see if I would squirm or sweat. Worst experience ever (although I had the best results he ever received). Took 3 weeks longer than expected to find out if I got the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. take it or leave it

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Technip (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with Vice President of Offshore Project Resources as well as the company recruiter. Interview was very direct with practical questions. Interviewer was very experienced in the industry and knowledgeable. One interview was conducted along with conversations in offices of 3 other managers. Overall the process was very informal yet practical.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Technip (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

HR called to ask about availability, then arrange an onsite with operation manager interviewed and then email back again to ask for another interview with senior engineer, not too difficult, because the product they are making is not too difficult

Negotiation

not much room

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Technip.

Interview

Intra-net online interview with the head of subsea engineering from Paris headquarters. We covered several standard areas for an interview, such as personal qualities and skills, professional experience and so on.

Interview Questions

• Past experience questions, such as oil and gas design procedures etc   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technip (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

I'm engineer with 5+ years experience. Technical Interview with Discipline Head, middle knowledge, candidate with hands-on experience will easily passed.
    The office is quite difficult to reach due to traffic jam and rush hour.
    Technip Indonesia is almost all local personnel (unlike Worley Parsons Indonesia), with 20-30% Indian nationalities.
    I think I have nothing more to say.

Interview Questions

Salary offer is low, personnel will not stay long. Why should I move in?