TeleTracking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Program Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. 1 with the recruiter and 1 with the Director/VP of Program Management. Then they invited me onsite for an .5 day interview with several people. A combination of Directors and Executives. Everyone was very nice, asked great interview questions, made me feel comfortable, had read over my resume, and overall very prepared for my time with them. I felt the organization had a good idea of the resource they were looking for. I felt that the interview went very well. A few days post interview the recruiter reached out and asked me to please submit the few expenses I had incurred while traveling so he could get me reimbursed and that he would contact me as soon as the team makes a final decision. After 3 attempts to get a status over 2 months I have not received reimbursement (approx. $60.00) or information on the status of the position for which I applied and interviewed for. I hate to give poor reviews on sites such as this but I truly believe it is important to inform potential applicants of a bad interview/company experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain and give examples of how you were able to turn an upset customer/bad situation around for the good with success?   Answer Question
    • Q: Share an example of an initiative you lead and why was it successful/not?   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke first with a member of human resources twice, once as an introductory/screening call and again to review benefits prior to my onsite interviews. The HR resource was extremely cordial and seemed genuinely excited to work at Teletracking.

I was brought in for about 5 hours worth of interviews with various staff, ranging from current architects to the VP/Director levels. The interviewers were cordial, but some were certainly better than others. At least one interviewer, who I believe was at a Vice President level, spent at least 20 minutes of the 1 hour interview with his head down, typing on his MS Surface. I presume he was taking notes, but he seemed like he was only half interested in what I had to say.

I had at least two different "white board" style sessions, with problems similar to what an architect would go through.

All in all, I left with a feeling that Teletracking would not be the best fit for me, at least from a company culture perspective, but I usually like to get feedback from the interviewers in order to improve my own skills.

I reached out at least three times to my contact in HR and have never heard back. I was not expecting an offer, but the lack of professionalism in even responding to multiple requests confirmed my suspicions.

Interview Questions

• Write a unit-testable function to sort the characters in a string alphabetically.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter to schedule a brief phone screen. After the initial phone screen, I interviewed on site with several people. The interview was well thought out and generally followed a behavioral interview style where the interviewee is presented with a hypothetical situation and then asked to describe a similar situation and what they did. i.e. "describe a time when....and what you did...and what happened as a result."

Ultimately, I felt it was a thorough and rigorous interview, but was disappointed with the ability of the company to adequately describe the position and the expectations for the person fulfilling that role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult person...   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was disjointed and honestly most unprofessional interaction. The comments were not supportive and the discussion was more focused on how to support senior leadership than the clients they serve. Poor representation and given the reputation in the market would not be an opportunity worth pursuing. Seems as a dying company given EMR robust feature and functionality

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a culture that is most focused on keeping key messaging from senior leaders to maintain past reputation in the market. Leader focused on the 2 leaders that run the organization wanting radical transparently yet hold those accountable in a not so positive way   Answer Question

Clinical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Excellent communication throughout process. Accurate information supplied regarding interviewers such as titles, etc. Process begins with phone interviews. It then progresses to video interviews and then travel to main offices for face to face interviews. It is a long yet thorough process.

Interview Questions

• Most questions related to background and behavioral questions. Looking for problem solving skills as well as skills necessary to be successful in position. All questions were pertinent.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

It has been a long process about 2 months. Every time I check in with my recruiter, its said they are on PTO or out sick. I arrived under the impression I was meeting with HR & one other person & ended up in a room with 5 individuals.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic questions in relation to my history of application support   Answer Question
    • There were also questions on how I would handle situations with coworkers not completing work   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TeleTracking.

Interview

The hiring process started with a phone interview with HR and then a Skype interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview with the hiring manager. The whole process took about 5 or 6 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave an offer and I countered with a higher number and they accepted

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Great Interview, wonderful person, engaging, thoughtful, very enjoyable HR rep. The HR rep got past just asking job related questions, but also added personal questions about me as an individual, which made it more of a conservation than an interview. At the end, i was able to better understand the company from the point of view of someone who had traveled a similar path as myself to the company itself. The only issue with the entire hire was that i ended up getting talked into accepting another position instead of what I had originally applied for in the first place.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was sent to Tele-Tracking via a contracting company and was told that the salary range I was after was not an issue and that I would be providing support on Microsoft products and (SOME) 3rd party applications. When I got to the interview it was going well with the HR side until I was told that the 50K salary I was asking wasn't possible from their end. I accepted this to get through the interview. When I got to the technical portion I was blind sided about supporting their own internal applications. This made for an uncomfortable situation. I blame both the contracting company and the Interviewers as they had serious mis communications. I would avoid Tele-tracking.

Interview Questions

• Give me 3 examples of any software you may have developed and or supported that was completely proprietary.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TeleTracking (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I participated in the TeleTracking interview process which involved 6 separate visits to the site, an hour long presentation, and interviewing with over 15 individuals. The process spanned over a 4 month period of time. The length of the process was extreme, there were too many individuals involved in the decision, and ultimately the President was the person with final OK so he should've interviewed solely. I was told the company decided not to hire me (or the other final candidate) and hire a consultant instead but the job continues to be posted on multiple job boards.