Telmate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telmate (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

phone and onsite with current recruiter 1:1, then IT Manager and two others from various depts. It was in a conference room, the place at the time was pretty small

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      How familiar are yo with our technology
      What to you believe you bring to us the most of   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Was called in twice for the onsite interviews. After the first onsite interview , they sent me a reject the next day.
    Again got an email from recruiter couple of weeks later saying there is a good news and we are going to make you an offer. After couple of days , was called in again for onsite interview and the interview panel had the same members except one..gave me the reject the next day!

Recruiters and other people gave very misleading and contradictory statements! Wasted so much of my time!!

Interview Questions

Telmate Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for your unfortunate interview experience. In an effort to improve our recruiting process your perspective is invaluable to us. While we strive to assess... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telmate (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screen, a coding challenge and an onsite.

The initial phone screen was your typical call, talk about my background and hear more about the company.
    I then had to complete a coding challenge which consisted of refactoring a Rails app.
    The next step was an onsite interview that lasted just over 2 hours and was mostly a culture fit type of onsite. The technical portion consisted of explaining my code (from the coding challenge) and answering other high level practical Web development/Rails questions.

Everyone I talked to was super nice and I had a very pleasant overall experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Telmate (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Michelle gives you a real world code challenge. It's perfect because it mirrors exactly how an engineer would work. I was turned down for the job but I think their approach is perfect. Because I know I would be working under qualified engineers.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telmate in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, spoke to the recruiter over the phone then had a video interview with the decision makers.

I had a great time learning about their company and the individuals I spoke with. I felt like we had such a great connection.

My only concern was that I was turned down based on not having enough experience, where that could have been easily found from reviewing my resume.

Overall, it was a very positive experience and I left gaining more perspective.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, mostly getting to know you and qualifications. Make sure you understand the products and services.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Telmate in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiters do a phone interview. Then they schedule an interview with team members from the specific department. Second interview is scheduled. If they're desperate, they'll hire almost anyone. If you pass the second round, the recruiters will follow up with an offer.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telmate (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was primarily focused on company values and technology and how it positively affected people's lives. It was less about the specifics of the job and more on finding the right person who was a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• They explained all the different parts of the job and made sure I had experience in each of the areas - ILT, online, screencasts, documentation, manuals, trainer's guides, video, call center training.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telmate in November 2013.

Interview

Basically one interview which was very informal and relaxed. Talked about working styles, experience, what I'm passionate about. There weren't any trick questions and I met a lot of people that I would be working with. We talked a lot about collaboration and bringing innovation to the role.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers weren't quite sure what they were looking for, so it was a bit unclear what the actual job duties were. However, I figured it out in the first week so it was fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get the salary I wanted, but since there are raises every 6 months I didn't worry about it. It was worth it to join a fun company.

Finance At Telmate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telmate (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with HR with easy questions.

Face to face interview with the hiring manager. No greetings, no hand shakes, no questions specifically regarding my skill set, but many focus on the organization structure from the companies I worked for.

The hiring manager seemed to be clueless about my resume and she did not even know what experiences I have.

Vice President/Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telmate.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen, 1st onsite interview with CEO, 2nd onsite interview with product owners and some junior people, and a request for another round with working side by side with other people. After the 2nd interview onsite with positive result and after hours spent with them they asked for another round and ask me to work for them free for the next round. At this point I had enough and pushed back feeling it was an abuse of my time to falsely leading people on. I had already in couple of occasions to bend over backwards to accommodate their inflexible schedule. After pushing back on their 3rd request for an onsite interview the recruiter became passive aggressive... unwilling to move forwards. The interview process took so long I found two other offers that were better.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult.   1 Answer

Recruiting process was disorganized.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telmate in May 2012.

Interview

One phone screen interview with the HR, followed by 2 onsite interviews one with the Director and other with the team.. The overall experience was smooth and easy and the questions were also easy