Terminal Reality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terminal Reality Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Terminal Reality

Environment Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terminal Reality.

Interview

It was rather crazy. It was all done through the phone and I never had to actually interview in person. It happened quickly and the hardest part was getting compensated for relocation. The interview was just questions about what games I enjoyed and maybe one or two about my art test.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asking more about what games I like than about my work flow experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. take it or leave it.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terminal Reality.

Interview

An acquaintance of mine had worked at Terminal Reality and suggested I apply. I sent in my portfolio and received a test. 2 weeks after completing the test, I was contacted via phone where I answered a few questions and talked mostly about myself. I assumed this was the "personality test". I received a verbal offer, which I accepted, and started shortly after. HR at the time was extremely pleasant and easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some goofy questions by the team members which was in all in good fun. I chalked it up to them gauging how I would fit in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told they had a strict policy on entry candidates pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terminal Reality (Lewisville, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

It seems I'm not the only one with issues with TR's application process.
    I applied online twice. Once in 2010 and again in 2011. In none of these occasions did I receive any confirmation, not even an automated "thank you, we'll contact you if you fit our needs". One whole year between applications, and not a single peep.
    I decide to investigate and wrote again just to check if the position was still available (it's still on the website) and to check if that e-mail address was even active. What I got in return was a short, condescending e-mail that just killed any respect I had for this place.
    I only asked a question and was very polite about it. I understand if I don't fit their needs, but there was no need to be derisive.
    It seemed rather unprofessional and extremely disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terminal Reality (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online at Terminal reality. Human Resources in Terminal Reality sent me an email that available position and asked me about all my career and background. We have contacted several times, then they suggested me a test. I agreed to get a test, then reply them. But all my reply was returned so I couldn't contact them. My reply was detected, because she blocked me. Maybe she may tiresome me... I was so disappointed and worry about Terminal Reality company. Director of Human resource is so irresponsible for recruiting job.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Terminal Reality (Lewisville, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Sent resume online, received phone-interview, followed by on-site interview with other staff members as well as a group interview with team members...

Team interview went well enough, but there was an utter lack of interest (felt like we were interrupting their day?) when meeting both studio management and a reclusive, socially awkward, CTO

Accepted the job; but would have been better off if we had just kept looking...

Interview Questions

• most difficult questions were scrutiny of resume points that people wanted explained, otherwise it was deceptively simple   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, but thankfully found out (after being hired) that people who negotiate with them are regarded with a small degree of hostility (observed with a designer and artist candidate) once the process begins