Terumo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Terumo

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terumo (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

The manager will call you if they are interested after reviewing your resume. They just ask you a few standard work authorization questions as well as questions about your availability, then ask you to schedule a time to visit for an in person interview. The interview is not exactly the traditional behavioral or technical interview you may be used to. They seem to believe that the traditional interview style does not always provide a good basis for making good hiring decisions. If you graduated/will graduate from the University of Michigan, they seem to trust that you will be competent and therefore don't feel the need to grill you with technical questions. Basically, the manager talks a lot about the overview of the position, what it takes to be successful in the position, and then asks you to talk and ask them questions. This interview format was culture shock. It can be quite intimidating to just be asked to talk, without any guidance as to what to talk and/or ask them about. You may even hear the manager say to you that if the job description turned out to be different from what you had imagined and you became disinterested, they are fine with your decision. However, overall I felt that when they invite you to an interview, they are trying to see if you would fit in with their culture, not trying to expose you as a weak candidate.

Interview Questions

• "I've described the job overview and what it takes to succeed at this job, now it's your turn to talk."   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Terumo (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I began with a 30 minute presentation. Topic of the presentation was given two days prior to the interview after several failed attempts to get direction. Presentation started late because of late attendees. Then presentation was interrupted several times to answer questions. I was then asked how much longer the presentation was going to be because we had to stick on schedule! Not a good start. Interview was broken into sections with division supervisors and above. One of the interviewers had no interest in learning about me and only wanted to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience is developing a Glp lab and how did you navigate quality assurance   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terumo.

Interview

I applied through one of my parents. Terumo called and told me they'd like to extend me an offer pending basic screening stuff (drug test and background).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you up front $15/hr for 8 hours a day, 40 hour weeks. There was no negotiation.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Terumo (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

DDI Behavioal Interview
    They ask a lot of questions about past experiences and specific examples. Some interviewers seek like the don't actually have time to talk to you or that they didn't kno you were coming. The interviews were 1 on 1 but I had to meet with about 7 different people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typical

Senior Engineer I Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR and hiring manager;
    On site interview take about 6 hours. Half hour with each interviewer including HR, hiring manager and others.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terumo.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in-person interview with management team members

Laid back, pleasant people to talk with, happy company.

basic questions about experience, quick tour of plant.

Asks a variety of engineer type problem solving questions in regards to their product line.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses, Strengths, when to go to your boss for help   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Terumo (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. the recruiter conducted the initial phone screening and analysed the entire skill set that was needed for the role. The recruiter even conducted a training session explaining about the employer, the way of interview and about the hiring manager. After this a phone screen was set up with the hiring manager and usually went through my resume and skill sets

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terumo (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviews are usually conducted with two to three people present from the relevant department, then immediately after, someone form HR will conduct their own interview. Hiring and orientations are done on Mondays

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward they made and offer and that was really the on;y offer that was going to be issued

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terumo (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Went on well. They interview was for half . It was a phone interview. Mostly questions were about my previous experience. Take sometime before ou answer a question. Understand it and be clear over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave the previous job?   1 Answer
    • Your experience with (this would include process that) you will be on at Terumo. Look at the job escription for this.)   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Terumo.

Interview

Was contacted by hr via email then had a phone interview with lasted 30 min. She asked about my background, resume, my degree, and why did I apply at this company. She said that the engineer 1 position has many opportortunity to cover many engineering fields. After the phone call, she said I had a great chance and that I would hear back within a week which never happened. Salary she mentioned was 55k. Really wished I would have gotten the chance.