Tesco Bengaluru Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesco Bengaluru Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.9

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

I attended the pool campus event in crecsent college, Chennai. You should have more that 70% in your undergrad. They held a quantitative aptitude exam. You have to get more than 70% in that too to get qualified for the next round. The next round was Technical round. They just ask you simple C and C++ questions about looping, overriding, oops etc. The same day you have HR round if you are selected in the technical.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer gave me a mobile phone and said how will you test it?   Answer Question

Stock Merchandiser Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview for my selection. Which included the initial written or technical test and then followed with personal interview conducted by the HR and then was the technical round. All the three rounds of interview was on the same day. And I was happy with the way of conducting interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview went smoothly and there was no issue of unexpected questions asking during the interview and thus I do not have anything to share in this section.   Answer Question

Technical Support- Voice Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Walk-in | Officer Technical Support
    The walk in interview schedule at 10-30am. but there is lot of complicated procedure while taking entry pass.If u passed 1st round they make u to sit till 5-30. Just weaste of time ..very worst HR response.

Interview Questions

• 1st round will be Screening about personal interview , past experience. IN this round they Dilute the Candidates.So ensure if you have well communication skills and US accent u can go for interview.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru in April 2017.

Interview

Tesco Bengaluru either does not want to hire or they don't know how to hire.
    Was called for F2F interview where the person 7.1 years of experience took the interview. The round was coding round. I solved the problem and coded it on eclipse. The interviewer tried with multiple input and it worked.
    Then he added more requirement to the problem which was to be done without much code change. Even after doing that he was not happy.
    In another problem, when I suggested the solution, he was not happy as he said do not use any kind of hashing. I was not sure if he was just looking for the exact and solution in his mind.
    And after 1.5 hours of discussion, I was asked to leave by the HR.
    I am still waiting for the feedback which is now days trend where HR folks do not care to tell.
    One of the worst interview process and not sure how and who decide if the interview in the closed room went well or not? Can a single interviewer decide if the candidate is good or not? Especially if the candidate solves the coding round.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm and data structure to manage huge pool of string such that if the same string is added, it is removed from the data structure and if he comes back still don't add.   Answer Question
    • Dynamic programming problem to find max profit at any instance provided a stream of integer data.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru in April 2017.

Interview

Experience related discussion, application architecture, some previous project related.
    I felt interview as a waste of time. Since the begining interviewer more aligned to Java and I am a golang developer. Last problem (hanging cloth) was to write in Java. I have given verbal solution but not written in Java (since he was about to go in 10mis, I may take more time to write & for me felt writing is of no use).
    Red flag: Problem solving.

Interview Questions

• hanging cloth problem   1 Answer
    • Parallel data validation for json reord blocks , each block contents have items array. Each array has to process against some service and report errors. one item error in one block should result block failure. using async or threads   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru in April 2017.

Interview

The process would start in the morning and can stretch upto evening or late evening, dear tesco there are people who travel from far places please don't waste there time, if someone ways your companies time will like it no right so please!,

Interview Questions

• Take me through your profile.   Answer Question
    • also would asks questions about your experience of you have, why you left and so on.   Answer Question
    • they try to test your patience asking how long have you been waiting for?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment for me. There were 4 rounds. First was online Aptitude. The second was Group Discussion, 3rd was Technical round which was very cool. 4th was HR round.

HRs were very friendly and interactive. Above all, they listen to your dream patiently.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru.

Interview

I got it through college as the company visited the campus. After getting shortlisted by means of aptitude test results, It was one on one technical interview including coding questions and personality test. After the technical round, HR interview took place.

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Actually it was interesting. They had 3 positions:
    1. Director of Software Engineering
    2. Senior Engineering Manager
    3. Principal Engineer ( only 2 in UK, none in India as of then )
    Apparently, they would fit me - or reject me after interviewing and seeing what skill do I match.
    This fascinates me, it is like asking an all rounder if he can keep wickets also.

There were 3 rounds.
    [1] The Brit guy round ( and this one is one which I enjoyed the most ) .

Then heard that, the senior people in India are being taught how to conduct interviews by the brits for some months now, and finally apparently they are ready to take on hiring senior people.
    That tells a lot about the org. Many many people are leaving. Almost all the old people are gone,
    and they are frantically finding replacements.
    That is the second round.

[3] Finally, a director came and read questions from a booklet to judge my empathy and leadership capability - which I had to answer, there were too many, too much useless.
    The policies needs a rethinking. If Alexander were to be judged by those questions, by now, none would gave a dime about him. Leadership skills are not bookish, or marketed, they are born with those. Isolating them also is a gift.

They are a captive firm with too much money with too less to do.
    3 times I asked when do you guys say this tech effort is wasted?
    They could not answer it. They are groceries. They are rebuilding themselves as a tech company.
    I would say best of luck to them.
    Summary. Avoid at any cost. I have no idea if I would get an offer, but one thing for sure, if I get it, I would decline it, albeit politely. The toxic situation I am trying to escape (everyone is talking tech and none talking how to make customer happy) is what precisely is being created out there.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design Twitter :
         1. Login
         2. Time line
         3. Post

Next round, they show me production code running in eclipse ( who uses eclipse ? ) about some service, and I was asked to find issues in it.

Last round, the very stupid question answer round.   1 Answer

Software Developer -1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Round 1 basic java and a litle hands on progreamming. Round 2 was more about design and algorithms. Round 3 with senior manager.

Note: If you are seriously looking for a job this is a total time waste company. They are not making any offers. I am second person to be rejectect without any reason after 3rd round which went quite well.

Interview Questions

• how to design a distributed file system.   1 Answer