Tesco Bengaluru Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesco Bengaluru Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.9

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

I attended the pool campus event in crecsent college, Chennai. You should have more that 70% in your undergrad. They held a quantitative aptitude exam. You have to get more than 70% in that too to get qualified for the next round. The next round was Technical round. They just ask you simple C and C++ questions about looping, overriding, oops etc. The same day you have HR round if you are selected in the technical.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer gave me a mobile phone and said how will you test it?   Answer Question

Stock Merchandiser Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview for my selection. Which included the initial written or technical test and then followed with personal interview conducted by the HR and then was the technical round. All the three rounds of interview was on the same day. And I was happy with the way of conducting interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview went smoothly and there was no issue of unexpected questions asking during the interview and thus I do not have anything to share in this section.   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Actually it was interesting. They had 3 positions:
    1. Director of Software Engineering
    2. Senior Engineering Manager
    3. Principal Engineer ( only 2 in UK, none in India as of then )
    Apparently, they would fit me - or reject me after interviewing and seeing what skill do I match.
    This fascinates me, it is like asking an all rounder if he can keep wickets also.

There were 3 rounds.
    [1] The Brit guy round ( and this one is one which I enjoyed the most ) .

Then heard that, the senior people in India are being taught how to conduct interviews by the brits for some months now, and finally apparently they are ready to take on hiring senior people.
    That tells a lot about the org. Many many people are leaving. Almost all the old people are gone,
    and they are frantically finding replacements.
    That is the second round.

[3] Finally, a director came and read questions from a booklet to judge my empathy and leadership capability - which I had to answer, there were too many, too much useless.
    The policies needs a rethinking. If Alexander were to be judged by those questions, by now, none would gave a dime about him. Leadership skills are not bookish, or marketed, they are born with those. Isolating them also is a gift.

They are a captive firm with too much money with too less to do.
    3 times I asked when do you guys say this tech effort is wasted?
    They could not answer it. They are groceries. They are rebuilding themselves as a tech company.
    I would say best of luck to them.
    Summary. Avoid at any cost. I have no idea if I would get an offer, but one thing for sure, if I get it, I would decline it, albeit politely. The toxic situation I am trying to escape (everyone is talking tech and none talking how to make customer happy) is what precisely is being created out there.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design Twitter :
         1. Login
         2. Time line
         3. Post

Next round, they show me production code running in eclipse ( who uses eclipse ? ) about some service, and I was asked to find issues in it.

Last round, the very stupid question answer round.
      1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru.

Interview

I got it through college as the company visited the campus. After getting shortlisted by means of aptitude test results, It was one on one technical interview including coding questions and personality test. After the technical round, HR interview took place.

Software Developer -1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Round 1 basic java and a litle hands on progreamming. Round 2 was more about design and algorithms. Round 3 with senior manager.

Note: If you are seriously looking for a job this is a total time waste company. They are not making any offers. I am second person to be rejectect without any reason after 3rd round which went quite well.

Interview Questions

• how to design a distributed file system.   1 Answer

SDE-2 Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru.

Interview

Initial interaction with consultant and two problems needed to solved online and an aptitude test. Face to face interview was scheduled. Interview conducted for an hour and then was made to wait for 1.5 hours. Finally consultant informed about interview feedback not received. Overall pathetic experience. This could have been conducted on Skype or such mode

Product Owner Interview

Interview

First round aptitude and HR screening . Second round interview with product managers. Prepare presentation on topics given telling how will define conceive ,build and market a product .Last round multiple interviews from product management team folks

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was whole day - 3 interviews at Bangalore Tesco office.
    1st - Java, Programming, Design, Data Structures around 1 and half hours
    2nd- Every thing that I have worked on personal or profesional around 2 and half hours
    3rd - Behavioral HR around 1 hour

Interview Questions

• 1st round good interviewer, interview was good all project related, personal works, java concepts and few data structures and programming (1 hour )

2nd round interviewer sarcastic, He thought he knew everything and if you don't give answer what he was expecting he was laughing and disregard your approach and won't listen to you..start doing other things and make you feel awe about speaking anymore. He was asking questions from an ocean there was no plan neither any particular area nothing really programmatic but related technical though..
      More than 2.5 hrs - At Last he gave a feedback that he is unable to judge !

3rd Round : Behavioral (Dont know what was he trying to get from the interview when the 2nd interviewer already gave a negative feedback)
      Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

it was a walkin interview at tesco hsc . amazing workplace , remeber plz carry your original identity card cause its mandtory for yur proof and then we got our interview id cards then we had to wait for 10 min in the interview waiting room then your HR will come n call yur names yu ve to go to the interview room then the interview starts since our results were not yet out they ve kept us on hold

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1st Round-Telephonic-Mostly general covering your role,project details

2nd Round-Technical on the domain applied for.Mostly technology questions on tools,databases,platform,OS etc.

3rd round –Managerial round
    what is your normal day like,why do yo want to move,some real time project scenario based questions

4th Round-Senior managerial round
    mostly what are my aspirations in the career,which path i want to take,where do i see myself in few years

Interview Questions

• What is the most impactful work done by in your current project until now   1 Answer