Cover image for Texas Children's Hospital

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Texas Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 138 of over 138 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Texas Children's Hospital

Application

I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital

Interview

Everyone was nice and the process was as to be expected. It was not long and drawn out like some can be. They were direct and didn't waste time. Not sure why this needs to be 30 words

Interview Questions
  • What you need for intubation
    Answer Question

Texas Children's Hospital

Application

I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital

Interview

Phone screening with a recruiter to discuss position and initial qualifications followed by a in-depth virtual interview with hiring manager. Third interview was in person with hiring manager, colleagues and additional leadership.

Interview Questions
  • How would your skills translate to this position?

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

1d

a

Senior Patient Access Representive

Looking for HR advice! Been with company for 14 years, never a write up , I went into the accessible file drive to see about what holiday I was working NYE or NYDand saw something that should have been in locked mode. It was our new schedule, everyone had to change , company going in new direction. I mentioned to coworkers that I saw something that I shouldn’t have seen and our new work schedule was exposed and some got what they wanted and others did not. Never told them what i saw ..

3 Comments

Healthcare

135.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Texas Children's Hospital~14477
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Texas Children's Hospital? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Texas Children's Hospital employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in Dec 2022

Interview

Started with a phone call with a recruiter, then moved onto a phone screen with one of the child life managers. After that, a zoom interview with the same manager and an additional member of the child life team happened. Final meeting was a pseudo-interview/meet and greet with the CCLSs in the specific department

Interview Questions
  • In what ways can you see yourself growing as a member of the team at TCH?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in Nov 2022

Interview

Applied 10/24/22 was contacted for phone screening 11/3/22. Scheduled video interview for 11/7/22. On the morning of video interview, I was unable to complete due to no contact from recruiter or hiring manager. When I followed up with recruiter the morning of what would have been my interview she informed she was following up with hiring manager and she would give me a call. This went on for three days in which she never called or updated me on what happened. She then ghosted me and I was never able to interview for the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Sugar Land, TX) in Nov 2022

Interview

Initially a recruiter called me to set up virtual interview with hiring leader. It went great and I was later moved further for the panel interview with the departmental team where I was asked a variety of behavioral questions. That final interview went over an hour and was comprehensive and a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had lead a project
  • Give us an example of a time when you made a mistake at work
  • How do you approach a situation when your team members do not have the same goals?
  • Describe a project which resulted in your best accomplishment and how you implemented it from start to finish?
  • Give us an example of a time you had to handle a task/responsibility without prior experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in Oct 2022

Interview

Applied. Received invite for phone screening 1.5wk later. Phone screen went well. Scheduled video interview following week. Morning of interview no show of hiring manager or recruiter. When I tried to follow up on what happened, was ghosted by recruiter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Texas Children's Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital

Interview

I had two great interviews with the team and was invited back to what I believed was a third and final interview, however I found out that the initial interviewers didn't work there anymore so this was more like another "first interview". The interviewer didn't really ask any interview questions. They asked what my thoughts were on another job that I had not applied for, but that they thought I might be well suited for. I ended up receiving a rejection notice for the "other job" but never for the one I had actually applied for. I'm still unclear on what happened here.

Interview Questions
  • The first two interviews were pretty standard. I was not asked any interview type questions in the third interview.

Texas Children's Hospital

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital in Sep 2022

Interview

Initial contact through a recruiter. Had 7 separate interviews with various departmental heads which is pretty standard for a senior level position. Overall was a very thorough in depth interview process. This is a very reputable company and understand the importance of conducting interviews using various behavioral or STAR format questions. Make sure to pack your patience, start to finish took around 3 months from initial contact through onboarding process to start date. At the end, I was happy with the outcome and was definitely worth the long wait.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Texas Children's Hospital

Application

I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital

Interview

why post a position if they already know who they are going to give the position too. it almost feels like you have to know someone in order to get a job there.

1 person found this interview helpful

Texas Children's Hospital

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital in Aug 2022

Interview

Started out with them getting to know me and what my experience has been what my current job consists of and then switched to situational scenario based questions. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had a conflict with a parent and how did you resolve it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 138 Interviews

Texas Children's Hospital Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Texas Children's Hospital as 78.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.91 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Staff RN and Medical Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Registered Nurse and Patient Care Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Texas Children's Hospital takes an average of 30 days when considering 137 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Patient Care Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Certified Medical Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 35 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Texas Children's Hospital according to 137 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 19.21%