Texas Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Children's Hospital

2.8

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital.

Interview

There was a phone interview first with a recruiter with typical screening questions, followed by a case study submitted to the recruiter, and this was followed by an in-person interview. The whole process didn’t take very long, and was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• What has been something you struggled with in your current or previous position?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Interview

I completed 2 phone interviews with the recruiter and hiring manager. They decided to fly me half way across the country to complete an in-person interview for the final round. I even paid for my family to travel with me since we could potentially be relocating. I waited 2 weeks after the interview and followed-up several times with both the recruiter and the hiring manager, who gave me her cell phone and e-mail address. I never received any further communication after the interview from either person. They couldn't even send me an automated rejection e-mail. Potential leaders beware.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Applied on-line. Contacted by third-party recruiting agency. Phone interview, then in-person interview with panel. Then radio silence for over a month. Offer finally made by third-party agency.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a call from Human Resource Department the very next day. I was asked a few questions as to what type of experience I had and my experience with different disorders. The HR was very helpful in suggesting what steps I need to work on and how to prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• - Behavioral questions: Describe a difficult situation with your coworker/ a caregiver   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Took about 1 week after call for interview. Interviewed with 3 people. One was mostly on her phone whole time while the other asked questions and one just listened.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. How do you deal with difference in cultures.   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Interview

Had to go through a phone interview which consisted of behavioral questions followed by an in person interview. In person interview also had behavioral style questions. Was also given a site tour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital.

Interview

Meet with outpatient clinic educator and coordinator to go over resume and talk about the position. After these two meetings went to clinic and talked with the other RN in the clinic

Patient Sitter Interview

Interview

Working with children to maintain their safety. Individuals suffer from dual diagnosis. Some are behavioral and some are just young patients who are alone or tend to pull out IVS.

Staff Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied directly for the position on the Career portal of their own website. I submitted my resume on April 5, 2019. Received a callback/phone screen from internal recruiter on April 8. Received another phone call on April 12 from same recruiter to schedule an onsite interview on April 16. First round with Accounting Manager was very relaxed but all behavioral questions from a stack. You are encouraged to give structured responses using the STAR method. Positive feedback received from Recruiter as well as First manager led to 2nd round with the Asst Director and Director 2 days later, which was longer. Another set of behavioral questions with Asst Director first and a short casual interview with Director. Followed up via email with all 3 interviewers immediately the day after. Did not receive a response until May 3, 2019. I was told they are still going through interviews at this time and that I was still in good standing as a candidate. I am not too familiar with the recruiting process with hospitals in the TMC but it's now June so it's not likely I'll ever hear back.

I still enjoyed the process of the whole interview experience. A very firm hiring process is in place at the top with very structured questions. This is good for both sides.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to very strategic in order to meet all your top priorities.   1 Answer

EMR Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Hiring manager performed a phone interview with me at 4:00pm. She was 10 minutes late calling me and during the interview she kept reminding me she only has 30 minutes to talk to me. Hiring manager gave me the impression she did not care about my experience or the job requirements. She was hiring based on if she "liked" you. So if you care about your Epic career do not work at this company/department.