Texas Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process went on for half an hour. I was introduced to everyone in the team. Teh questions were simple, mainly cocerned to my previous work experience. There weren't any specific or pressurising questions.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital.

Interview

I was emailed an opportunity to schedule an interview. when we met up the manager was straight forward and gave me every little detail about the work environment and duties then asked interview questions.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions, strengths and weakness, how would you handle a confrontation, what would I do if someone asked me to do something that was not in my job description( i learned that it is best to always ask if they can give you an example to see where this particular interviee's point of view is at.)   Answer Question

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall a three week process, beginning with a phone interview and lastly a panel interview. The questions asked during the interview were Behavioral questions! Very friendly welcoming staff! Easy going process.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions - difficult time? Difficult customer? How you deal with change?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy process. The hiring manager seemed very pleasant and easy going. However, she said she would get back with me a week later. Two weeks passed by and nothing. I called her back and she emailed me saying that she was still interviewing candidates and that she would get in touch with me later on that week. Unless their process is EXTREMELY low, I have no hopes because 3 weeks later, I haven't heard back from her. I was well-qualified for the position.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital in March 2017.

Interview

Screening interview with recruiter first. A week later, had a phone interview (due to location) with manager and assistant manager. Although they decided to pursue other candidates, the overall experience was very positive and professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from a recruiter within a week. Scheduled phone interview for a couple of days later. Then had an in-person interview two days after phone interview. In-person interview focused on behavior questions. Had an offer extended via email within the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in difficult situation and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was with the Assist Director at the SW location. I had gone on my day off to be flexible. The interview was ok. She asked behavioral questions and we talked; which I feel is a better way to get to know someone. The interview was an hour long. 3 weeks later there was a second interview. It was with a panel of 4 people.

They were leaders within the clinic. They asked behavioral questions, and they asked me to walk them through my resume. They answered some of my questions at the end but not all. They couldnt tell me when a decision was going to be made.

The interview was 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• If you manager described you in 3 words what 3 adjectives would she/he give?

Describe a time you had to stop your work to help a coworker with their work. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?

Walk us through your resume.

They literally flipped through pages of long behavioral questions, reading them off the paper. after a while I started to answer the questions, but would forget the next part of the questions. The questions were in 3 parts. You have to answer the questions on 4 part format(STAR).   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional interview. They asked mostly behavioral questions. Be prepared and know about the mission of the company! My interview was 2 hours long. Met with a panel along with a manager. Overall, it was professional and the people were very nice.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I went online to apply for a Pharmacy Technician and later receive interview questions through an email. I received another email requesting an interview in person that also requires a basic math skills test prior to the interview. Just waiting to see how that goes

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the OR processing technician position for the new The Woodlands location. I was interviewed by 3 people. The process went smoothly, they were friendly. I did received an offer 2 weeks after the interview but I declined. For me being a tech III, $14.30 was too low. My current job pays over $2 that amount.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a time when work was difficult for me and how did I manage it.   Answer Question