TextNow Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 26 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at TextNow

TextNow

Application

I interviewed at TextNow

Interview

Waste of time. The whole team is new. No one really seemed to understand the actual accounting that is happening. Their focus also seemed to be quite of in regards to prioritize. They are also big on the whole we are like a family and very team oriented which just means boy you gonna work and we are not gonna pay you.

Interview Questions
  • Random questions that they downloaded from google. They don’t care if you have all the skills to do the job they are looking for people who don’t have a lot of experience to give them very manual work without you questioning it.
    Answer Question

TextNow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TextNow in May 2021

Interview

Phone call from an internal recruiter- asked pretty basic questions (not a bad thing), the phone call was about 35 minutes. Got an email about a week later that I was selected for the second round, and I'd be speaking with the head of people. Had a video call with the head of people who said this was going to be more of a conversation than an interview - which was a nice sentiment. Except that it wasn't much of a conversation - it was more her speaking at me about her experiences and styles, with a few questions peppered in. She did allow for me to ask questions, which was greatly appreciated. Less than a week later I received an email from the original recruiter that stated I was not moving on to the next round. I understood but asked for feedback, if they could share, since I'm not from the tech sector and wanted to understand if that was part of the issue. I also pointed out to them that I received a $40 international calling charge from our original call. This was a big shock to me when I got the bill. I would think that something like that might be mentioned pre-call, to let candidates know to make arrangements....or an offer to reimburse. The big rub in all of this was that I didn't get a response to my email from the recruiter. It would have been fine for her to say "we don't give interview feedback, and thanks for the heads up about the international charge." But no - just ghosted.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

TextNow

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TextNow in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out. He was very communicative throughout the process explaining what would happen next. Had an interview with a hiring manager, followed by a code test, and then a panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • General conversation about agile methodology, development process. Advanced conversation about the Android SDK.

TextNow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TextNow

Interview

I applied for a different job and got a rejection. Then a recruiter reached out to me about a different opportunity. I had an phone screen with the recruiter, and it went fine. I was then scheduled to talk to the director of culture. Due to scheduling conflicts, it was scheduled for over a week later. The day before the interview, I got an email saying, "We've offered the job to someone else. You won't be having your interview tomorrow." I guess I should have scheduled it earlier in the week. Although if that's how they choose people (not actually interviewing people they claim they want to talk to), then I'm not interested in working for you. What a joke!

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

TextNow

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TextNow in Feb 2021

Interview

There was a Phone interview and then there was a Code review question, 3 interviews discussing experience including a culture interview. The 3 interviews were done by other senior software engineers that would have been my peers.

Interview Questions
  • There were Coding question problems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TextNow (San Jose, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

I was interviewed by hiring manager. It was technical interview. There were questions on voice call processing, SIP, voip. There were also software programming questions. I thought I did well

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TextNow

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TextNow in Apr 2020

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. She explained what the company does and asked me if I like to join them. We set a time for the second interview which was a technical interview. I had a very good interview with their mobile manager. I found him knowledgeable and very polite. I really liked him. We spent around 40m talking about my background. App architecture, Rx, Unit testing, etc. In the end he let me ask my questions. I am very happy with my interview. Their HR came back to late, in about a week, to tell me the result of the interview. They very politely appreciated my interest in joining them but they preferred to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at TextNow (Waterloo, ON)

Interview

Call from HR, followed-up an interview with the (a?) Director of Engineering. Director of Engineering asked about my past projects, argued about the definitions with me, asked me a question that had a trick to it, and a simple solution if you think about it - more of a puzzle than a coding exercise. I found the interviewer to be extremely rude and pedantic.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at TextNow (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2019

Interview

The process was very fast; the initial phone screen was very friendly and they provided all the info that was needed to get to know the company. For the technical coding pair session, they assign a developer NOT familiar with mobile, so it didn't matter hat I was focusing my comments and answers on mobile real scenarios, they didn't understand how to follow up. I recommend reviewing the expected skills from the interviewee to match it with a proper interviewer, otherwise, it seems very unprofessional and not taking seriously the process. It doesn't make sense to put a backend developer to interview a candidate for mobile, ESPECIALLY when they included questions related to performance and optimizations; I provided my approaches with mobile in mind but of course, those answers were not expected.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer started explaining what was expected of me and a brief explanation of how the platform works. The code problem was a typical easy-medium problem you find on leetcode or hacker rank. I first explained two different approaches I could do to solve it, and the interviewer told me to go or one of them. After testing a couple of edge cases, they asked me to think if there were any other optimizations I could do and also, prepared the solution as if I was going to submit it on a Pull Request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at TextNow (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I was contacted over a professional networking board by a Director of Recruitment. She scheduled a time to chat over the phone. She didn't seem to have a handle on the business challenges and opportunities, didn't speak intelligently about the product either. She did warn me of the difficult personalities at the top and then coached me on how to be successful through the interview process. I was told what to do in advance, what questions would be asked. Disappointed in the lack of sincerity in understanding how I would be able to contribute my skills and experience to the company. I will not be continuing in the process with this organization.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews