The Berry Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Berry Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview

It was very thorough. Started with a phone interview, then an in-person interview. I did a mock sales pitch during the interview, that was fun. The folks who interviewed me were not interrogative or off-putting, it was very easy to come in and have a conversation with them.

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Berry Company (High Point, NC).

Interview

You go through several telephone interviews with different people. If you make it through that then you do a mock sales call. After that is completed successfully you move to face to face interviews. Most of the time it is with the division manager and one of the department managers with in the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when some one needed something or a service but they were unsure of what they needed so you were able to successfully assist them.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Berry Company in January 2016.

Interview

Quick. Offered job same day which I found weird. Perhaps desperate? Was asked to do a role play on the phone in a conference room. Small office. Open space. No privacy. Very quiet place. Very little atmosphere. Managers seemed to be knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about digital? What do you think of the Yellow Pages?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview

Phone, then in person, then in person with head manager. Then waited then got hired then started the job. I don't know what else to write but they require 30 words to move on to the next step.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online, heard back after 2 weeks. Did a phone screen then brought in for a face 2 face. Had to do a planned through phone roleplay. Nerve racking a bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Saint Peters, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't that bad at all. I did a phone interview and was then asked to come in person the following week. When I went in I conducted 2 face to face interviews and did a role play sales call. The following week I received an offer but declined due to the VERY poor pay..... I was offered $26K as a base salary with commission that should put me in the $50-$60K range. I currently make twice that in base salary alone and also receive commission and bonus...... Make no mistake about it, this is an entry level job. You need not apply unless you need experience or you're desperate for a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what we do?   1 Answer

$26K base salary is a joke for the skill and level of experience I am at

Digital Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Called for an initial screen interview over the phone. Approve for a second in person interview in which you sit with a person that currently has that job for on the job shadowing.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you overcame certain obstacles to achieve a specific objective?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Berry Company in December 2014.

Interview

Received telephone call from the Outside Sales Manager to schedule a phone interview for a few days later. Had telephone interview and was invited to attend an in person interview. Decided to cancel the in person interview after further consideration of the impact extended out of area travel would have on my family.

Interview Questions

• Was asked questions about the products and services they offer and why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Client Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Dayton, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical phone interview then followed up with 2 live interviews on the same day with 2 managers. They pretty much accept everybody, a lot of red flags came up, but i overlooked them. Even those who did poorly in the interview get job offers. It's a cattle call. Unfortunately their major targeting efforts are unsubstantiated quality of clients.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Initial contact at a career fair. A few days later got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was difficult. A lot of very specific, detailed questions. I seemed to have passed though, as the recruiter set me up with another phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview seemed much easier than the previous one. Fewer questions that were not very detailed. Mostly just personality assessment questions. I was told to check my email in the coming days to see if I would move on to an on-site interview. This email was quick to arrive. I would not be moving on. Other than the final email telling me I had not moved on, correspondence was slow. After the initial phone interview, I was told I'd receive a call in 48 hours. 4 days passed before I received the next phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something did not go as planned and you had to troubleshoot the situation. What was the result?   1 Answer