The Berry Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Berry Company

2.7

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Honolulu, HI) in January 2014.

Interview

Call from the recruiter call, manager phone interview, 4 face to face meetings with managers, then meeting with regional manager. From start to finish it was about a little more than a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not a lot of room because of budget for salary but commissions are there

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Berry Company in January 2016.

Interview

Quick. Offered job same day which I found weird. Perhaps desperate? Was asked to do a role play on the phone in a conference room. Small office. Open space. No privacy. Very quiet place. Very little atmosphere. Managers seemed to be knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about digital? What do you think of the Yellow Pages?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Dayton, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical phone interview then followed up with 2 live interviews on the same day with 2 managers. They pretty much accept everybody, a lot of red flags came up, but i overlooked them. Even those who did poorly in the interview get job offers. It's a cattle call. Unfortunately their major targeting efforts are unsubstantiated quality of clients.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Lincoln, NE) in June 2010.

Interview

Normal....with manager having final say..the usual written teat, drug test, phone screen. Nothing out of the ordinary, they usually hire to fill a training class so you usually don't have time to consider the decision. the training could be in Dayton ohio or Colorado.

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (High Point, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied on-line. Was contacted by HR rep for a very brief phone interview. Then had 4 followup phone interviews with district managers. This was followed by face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Really weren't any questions that stood out as unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was very fair and acceptable from the start.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview

It's a four step process where you go into interview by meeting with a manager, then you meet with two other managers one on one, then you go through a questions and answer process and then have to do a cold call presentation with one of the managers listening.

Interview Questions

• trying to conduct a cold sales call while the manager is on the other line   Answer Question

Negotiation

they wouldn't negotiate

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Berry Company in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult. I first received a phone call, then scheduled a the over the phone interview for the following day. Unfortunately, we had to reschedule due to a unforeseen circumstances.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about sales terms that I had no clue about, but I knew the concept.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview

Phone interview, then 4 more interviews including doing a sales simulation over the phone. Lengthy process for an entry level job. First you do a phone interview with an HR screener. Then if you pass that, you do 2 one on ones in the same day. Then if they want you to keep going, you come back and do a 3rd interview plus a sample sales call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told - incorrectly that there is no negotiation on the offer - I found out I was offered less than most others at the same time. I outperformed them all and was not considered for a raise.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Initial contact at a career fair. A few days later got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was difficult. A lot of very specific, detailed questions. I seemed to have passed though, as the recruiter set me up with another phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview seemed much easier than the previous one. Fewer questions that were not very detailed. Mostly just personality assessment questions. I was told to check my email in the coming days to see if I would move on to an on-site interview. This email was quick to arrive. I would not be moving on. Other than the final email telling me I had not moved on, correspondence was slow. After the initial phone interview, I was told I'd receive a call in 48 hours. 4 days passed before I received the next phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something did not go as planned and you had to troubleshoot the situation. What was the result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (High Point, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

3 interviews. Pretty common method in hiring. 2 weeks of training. 1 over the phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Questions were common and you have to make one mom sales call to a manager. Not difficult but a little nerve racking

Negotiation

No negotiation