The Breakers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Breakers (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

First you meet with someone in HR and they ask you about yourself and past experience. They'll probably ask "what would you do if a co Worker asks for a discount?". Then in the second interview you meet with a manager and the general manager. They'll ask about your life and blab about how much money the hotel spends and pretend to care about what you want to do with your life. Then they'll give you a weak handshake and walk you out. They waste your time and money.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Breakers (Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

My interview was held at the palm beach human resource location. The interview was Very programmed and intimidating. She mentioned that she was rushed for time while I was trying to answer a question.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Breakers (New York, NY).

Interview

Very nice staff with a thorough interview process. Had to go through a skype interview and a phone interview. Long training process but efficient and fun place to work. Only stayed for a few months because the salary was too low.

Interview Questions

• You have to smile within 10 seconds   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Breakers in December 2016.

Interview

After applying on line, I was invited to a hiring event for housekeeping. This information was communicated via email. Within the email was the date of the hiring event as well as the window of time that the interviews would be held and the location of the interviews. When I arrived, the waiting process was on a first come first in process. Once I was called, I was led to a room where 2 people interview me. I was nervous, but they made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• One question was did I know that housekeeping was the most difficult and stressful job in the hotel   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Breakers (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very nice and professional. If they like you , you will be interviewed by several other people . Looks like a great place to work , great benefits , but average pay.

Interview Questions

• Why Breakers ? What are 3 skills needed for this position? How you stay organized? Other common interview questions   Answer Question

Compensation offered was less than expected.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Breakers.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter at my school's career fair. She took my resume and told me to apply online where I then filled out a basic application with personal information, along with taking a personality indicator test. I was then given the option to select a date for an interview. The first interview was via Skype-the recruiters were very friendly. The second round of interviews was with the managers of my specific department via phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about how you heard about us
      What do you expect out of this experience
      Other behavioral questions about customer service
      Be sure to be energetic and smile!   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Club & Front Desk/Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Breakers (Palm Beach, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I went to a "referral event" to interview for the front desk/concierge position. Upon arriving, I was told I could not be considered for that position, because I had previously applied for it. I had expressed interest in the position more than a year prior, and my experience/references had changed since then, but this apparently was not enough to warrant them reconsidering me for the position. They encouraged me to consider applying for the other positions they had available. I then applied and was interviewed for the position of Administrative Assistant for their Country Club. The job description for this position was a perfect match for my employment experience over the last 3 years. At the conclusion of the interview, they acknowledged that there may be multiple positions I am interested in and qualified for, and said they would call me the following week for a follow-up on this position or to recommend other opportunities I may be better suited for. Five days later, I received an email thanking me for my time and interest, but stating they are choosing to pursue other candidates. I went in to the interview fully prepared with "STAR" stories for the usual difficult questions, and was mindful to have a smile on my face as much as possible, because current employees stress how they value personality over experience. Either you make an impression as the exact personality type they are looking for, or you are SOL when applying for any position, apparently. While I was dressed in a full suit for my interview, current employees walked into the HR office looking like they were homeless or came straight from the gym - I'm so glad I strived to appear as a professional!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your work experience.   1 Answer
    • What do you do to stay organized?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were dealing with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Golf Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Breakers (Palm Beach, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Questions. Be sure to know your resume and be prepared with STAR based answers. Make sure you smile and are very interactive in the interview. Looking for people with good personalities.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Breakers (Palm Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Best interview! HR was highly interested in me as an individual and what I would have to offer. There were several steps during the interview with multiple people. A test on personality was also given.

Guest Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Breakers (Palm Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I originally applied for the Guest Relations Coordinator and had an interview from the recruiter who came to my university. That interview went very well! About a week later I got a call to come in for another interview. Sarah cared so much about my interest even beyond the job description, she was so lovely! After I met with Sarah she called over the supervisor to come meet with me! He was also very nice and explained to me the next steps in the interview process. I had to email him a "writing sample" (like an email making suggestions to guests) because they have a lot of electronic communication with guests. After that interview, about a week and a half later, I was called in to meet with the supervisors of the guest services department. That interview went great as well! After another week and a half I got a call from HR (Laureta was so nice and excited for me) and they extended the job offer to me. I accepted! Going through the orientation process the last few days, I know I made the right choice. The Breakers is an outstanding company!!