The Carlyle Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Carlyle Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The Carlyle Group

3.1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by 2 interviews with multiple individuals:
    1st interview - Met with HR, then two peers, then hiring manager. Returned one week later for next interview.
    2nd interview -Met with someone from another department, hiring manager-again, head of team, and department head (each separately)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when, tell me about a time where....

Too many behavioral questions from the 90's   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview, then Excel model test, then was flown out to meet with 5 individuals in the office for about 30 minutes each. Was notified of decision about 2 weeks thereafter.

FM Analyst Interview

Interview

Very easy behavioral first round interview. Came to my school through on Campus Recruiting and asked me questions based off of my resume. He wanted to know more about what technical skills in Excel. Said they do not train their entry level analysts so you will be expected to know a lot when you get there.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group (Washington, DC) in September 2019.

Interview

1 behavioral interview, the overall process was that I submitted my materials through the university and interviewed on campus, my interview was not too technical though I heard others had many technical questions, for my interview I just had to know my resume very well.

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process had 3 steps, 1. Coding interview over phone and screen share 2. In person interviews with 4 people Software Architectural and Resume Questions 3. Interview with the CIO. For each interview they would notify you at the very last minute that the interview would be scheduled. In the last interview they called me a day before the scheduled interview. With great difficulty I was able to accommodate it.

In all of the interviews the feedback was very positive and I was told they were impressed by my profile.

At the very end of the process they kept me hanging for a month before saying they have changed the requirements for the job and won't be able to hire me.

If you don't have proper requirements, please refrain from wasting time of the prospective employees. Make up your mind before you start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Generic Questions about your resume   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Detailed but great experience. HR lady was running a bit but once we got started i became quickly relaxed and got into the interview process.
    All answers she really wanted to me to into detail.

Interview Questions

• What are my key strong abilities?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and had read the reviews before but was not prepared for how unprofessional and rude the HR lady was. Maybe she really hates working there, but she walked in late to the interview and had a very upset face the whole time, cut me off and very condescending. The place seemed very professional but sadly she did not. I hope she doesn't conduct every interview because that is a very bad look for such a great firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are you looking for in the next role?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview

Received a email response after applying through a school job site. Emails led to phone interview which led to in person interview. The in person interviews were with multiple people from various departments

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group (Swedesboro, NJ).

Interview

Interview was an initial phone screen (very easy, more so to get to one another as well as explore you interest in joining the company) In person (met with HR, Manager, Team Members, and President)

Interview Questions

• (Basic Questionnaire with HR to evaluate basic problem solving as well as situational based questions i.e. strengths and weaknesses)

Manager: Background and how you feel it translates to this role?

Comfortable with cold calling customers from small business to C- Suite Executives?

President: All cultural fit questions: Must be a team player.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Carlyle Group (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

2 day super Friday interview in DC. They provide lodging and meals.
    The first day is a behavioral informal interview with about 4 members on the team which you are interviewing for.
    The second day is a case study. You are given about 2 hours to prepare then you have to present your findings to a panel.