The Davey Tree Expert Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

The Davey Tree Expert Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Davey Tree Expert Company

1.8

Climber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

After a face to face interview, 2 weeks later I received a phone call to come in and take a drug test, 2 weeks later was hired. The face to face interview was easy just be upfront about everything

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in extreme conditions?   2 Answers

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Kent, OH).

Interview

Went in through temp agency. Interview was easy and joked a lot. Not really about the position. Was with 2 people, my direct supervisor and a department supervisor. Direct supervisor didn't get to speak much and they are the one that knew about the job. Department supervisor was clueless about the work.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply for this position the Project Team Leader came to me and asked me to work for them. They advised they found my resume on Indeed and wanted me. The interview was so fake to how these people treat you.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with people?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Kent, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Davey Tree's employees were extremely knowledgeable, polite, and kind throughout my entire interview. First, they wanted to know about my background to see who I was as a person. I was then asked what I would consider to be some of strengths as well as weakness's. I was then taken to lunch, and informed on the many different fields that Davey offers, as well as their overall goal as a company. Overall, Davey is a great company and I will be looking to hopefully find a long term, full time, job with them as soon as I graduate.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 key strengths that would make you an asset to the company?
      Name 5 weakness's that you would say you need to improve on to better yourself?
      What made you decide to want to get a degree in the Horticultural field?
      What is your background in the Horticulture field?
      Do you believe safety is a key factor while on the job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

If you have college experience and express interest in urban forestry, an internship or summer job is pretty easy to get. They like to ask questions about team work and safety.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are a huge company and have a lot of willing applicants to there isn't much room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Kent, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Quite fair as far as questions asked and my lack of experience. Interview was split into two parts, but I'm not sure what the process is like outside of corporate. After hired, you have to take a drug test, and they pull a background and credit check. Whole process lasted about three weeks after being hired.

Trimmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (South Bend, IN) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fast. It was also informal. I got a call. Scheduled the interview later over text message. And met the guy in a parking lot. The interview was simple and fast.

General Foreman Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in January 2012.

Interview

Process was very simple. I was told that they wanted to offer me a position in management. The promotion prior to that I was simple told that they were starting a new position and I was being considered. The "interview" came rather unexpectedly as I was picked up from my job location and taken to the interview. Upon arriving I was put in a room with other candidates were the job expectations were discussed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the position was part of a union contract with a pre-negotiated wage

Groundskeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Great Falls, MT) in March 2016.

Interview

Terrible. Very unprofessional. "Do you want a job? Well here you go." He met me at starbucks and didnt even really introduce himself when i met him. I have never had an interview like it since. I know better now, when it starts like this, run the other way. Had that gut feeling but didnt follow it. Should have right?

Interview Questions

• Have you done grounds work before?   1 Answer

Field Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company.

Interview

One phone interview, recruiter was terribly vague with details (big surprise), got the job 1 week later. This job type is in high demand simply because nobody wants to walk 20+ miles a day inspecting electrical poles.

Interview Questions

• Can you stand for 10 hours a day, are you tech savvy, and do you have the ability to learn fairly quickly.   1 Answer