The Delta Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by the Director first. Went really well. Had two follow-up interviews with both team leads in the department. This was in the matter of 2 days. Very laid back. They called by end of week to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions...what are some goals you have set and achieved recently? What are your hobbies? Name a time when you had a workplace conflict: what were the circumstances and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Regarding support roles here, such as Risk Management, they are looking for competency - do you have similar work experience and if not, are you quick learner? Since the company is very events/culture oriented, they are also looking for a good fit personality-wise with the existing group.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a steady salary scale to where they hire everyone at the same salary and you have the opportunity to "stage" on an accelerated path if you choose. With each stage comes a jump in pay. I was able to get an additional $1K annual for the first year. You may be able to get more on your initial hire. They are pretty forthcoming with the salary info around here though.

DLT Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was extremely easy. I worked with a corporate recruiter, Michelle Sickles. She set up my interview and gave me all of the necessary information. The interview its self was a very easy comfortable process. it took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were about previous jobs and what my strengths and weaknesses were with each position. They wanted to know what I had to overcome and what came naturally.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very simple. There was a little back an forth, but the whole process was very friendly and open. Delta made it very clear what the ramp was and how to hit it. Having the information upfront makes it much easier to accept an offer.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I filled out the online application on a Saturday, was called by the internal recruiter on Monday. Shortly after that I was sent a link to take an assessment. Was called for an onsite interview on Thursday. Meet with the director and RVP. I was called on Friday offered the position and started the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is something that motivates you the most.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I was making prior and with my experience they came back with an offer that I could not refuse.

Senior Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough with both general and specific questions, ask questions around both personal and professional background. Met with multiple individuals to discuss the role. Once I met with both leaders of the Enterprise, I received an offer soon after.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Addison, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview is highly topical and they just tell you how hard you'll need to work to see success. Prio to or after interviewing, you must take 2 tests. One of them is and IQ test and the other is a personality test. If you pass the tests you will be called to spend a day in the field with one of the reps.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person in the universe for this position?   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewing for an internal position, but the process was essentially the same as when I initially interviewed with the company. The interview process uses a system called "top-grading" and is much more of an interpersonal conversation about your personal history, work history, and employment goals rather than a rigid "answer these generic interview questions" type deal. Interviews can last for several hours

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Delta Companies.

Interview

I found this interview to be highly unprofessional. I was interviewed by the enterprise recruiter. She seemed very green to the recruiting industry and I felt like treated like an entry level college grad.

I think the worst part of this interview was when the interviewer told me that my degree in psychology didn't relate at all to recruiting since psychology is more of a "people sitting around on couches talking about their feelings kind of thing." Like, what?

The interview questions were mostly irrelevant. Be prepared to discuss every single job you've ever had, including that bartending job you held in college. (I have recruiting experience so I'm not sure why we were talking about that). The salary is pretty low too. $36,000 for everyone, no exceptions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a job through college, be prepared to talk about it. Even if you have had 3 jobs in between. Totally irrelevant.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and went in for a face to face interview. Interview went GREAT! I was told to expect a call in the next day or two. I was made to believe that I basacally had the job. I was so excited. Two days later and no call/email from them. I received another offer somewhere else but declined it since I was almost certain I got the job at delta. On day 3 she emails me reassuring that they will be in touch by midweek (weds) because "hr was out on vacation". Soooo I wait and wait...weds comes and goes. Thursday she emails me and says she was only able to contact one of my references and needs "the other one to answer her call". Ok...weird. So I contact my reference and let them know to expect a call from her. She never called my referece back. Two days later I email her asking about the status....and she says "they hired someone from within the company for the position" WOW!!! I was beyond disappointed. I don't care about not getting the job....it's the way they handled it. Very unprofessional. I ended up getting a better offer a week later at another company anyway so whatever. :)

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview with this company. The HR staff was very pleasant, and the office was very nice. I think that the HR staff should be given more power to make the decisions, and their hiring process would benefit from that. This company has some great ideas, and I'm sure it would be a pleasure to work for them.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was any question too difficult or unexpected. It was one of the most pleasurable interviews I've ever been on.   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Delta Companies (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Competence test and extensive paperwork due prior to testing. Most facilities require travel therapist due to growing problems and will overuse traveler. Depending on recruiter and how much they are willing to put in for you, the therapist are getting half of what you are making at a regular permanent job. Some may not even callt to check on you/

Negotiation

Compare/contrast travel companies.