The Dinex Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Dinex Group

Assistant Restaurant Manager/Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Cold and distant, not surprising for restaurants but I thought there might be more interested in my experience working in France especially from a French restaurant group. They asked how I deal with conflict, not about my menu planning which made me think that I was being interviewed for a server job instead of management. Unsure of how I would fit into a company that was only interested in another body to carry food instead of my contribution to the department.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict/would you ever have an issue reporting a manager for malfisence   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I responded to a Craiglist Ad online and was brought in for an interview shortly thereafter. About a week later they brought me in a for a trail, which was pretty straightforward. Toward the end of the my trail, I sat down with the General Manager for a relatively informal interview. I was sent home for the evening and they sent me an email the next day offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation you've found yourself with on the floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and efficient. Invited to corporate, then the particular location. Met with a few different managers. All professional and nice. A little heat on the final interview round, but nothing unmanageable as long as you feel confident that you want to work in the industry. Make sure you read up on the company and know how the stages of DB's expansion.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (Palm Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

easy. met the manager at the restaurant, then the GM. Hired the next day. got hired pretty quick, seems like the restaurant has a pretty high turnover ratio. the second interview was more about training, scheduling, availability and how much i should expect to be making.

Interview Questions

• talked briefly about my experience, expectations, availability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied on craigslist, went in to the corporate office to meet with an HR person. It was a fairly easy interview, very conversational. We talked about the different restaurants in the company, talked a little about Chef Boulud, and talked about my work history. Then I had to meet with the general manager of the specific restaurant, and that was more of a discussion about training and scheduling.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Dinex Group in March 2012.

Interview

As I was referred to the Dinex Group by one of their employees, the process was very simple. I had my resume forwarded to HR by the employee who referred me. I was called by HR and had a brief phone interview (which primarily served to set up the date/time) of the interview. After arriving for my interview, I was given paperwork and an application to fill out. I had a brief interview with an HR employee and a Q/A session. The questions were simple and straightforward, but they should be for this type of position.

Interview Questions

• None; Asked about background; What you were looking for from Dinex; Sceduling considerations, etc etc... Very easy   1 Answer

Negotiation

No; Hourly rate is what it is; Also earn 1 point of tip pool per shift on the floor.