The GEO Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 72 of over 72 interviews

Employee Referral3%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

The GEO Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GEO Group

Interview

It was a great interview experience. The people are nice and the job gets done . I definitely recommend. The company is really a great company . I have been employed about a year .

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you deserve the job ?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GEO Group (New York, NY)

Interview

First I received a call from someone very rude about getting an interview. It was like someone force her to call me and she was having a bad day. SECONDLY I never got an interview at my scheduled time, I had to call the company and informed them I didn't receive a call. 5 mi. Later when I got a call, the interview was so intense, it was way above its pay grade. My psyc interview for both corrections and NYPD was a walk in the park compared to a $20 an hour security position. I felt critizied my whole interview. I was even told at the end i would make a good candidate for an administrative position. MIND U...I have 10 years experience in security, 2 degrees in Criminal Justice, a former auxiliary police officer but I'm better qualified for an administrative position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The GEO Group

Application

I interviewed at The GEO Group

Interview

It was very go with the flow, nothing too hard or challenging. Just the basics to confirm your education and work background etc. Later on you're offered a conditional job offer and then you'll need to complete the medical screening as well as other steps

Interview Questions
  • Are you open to all shifts and working overtime

The GEO Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GEO Group in Jul 2020

Interview

First they do a screening through the phone. Then they do a phone interview and last they call you to do an in person interview. Quick interview, basic questions and they make you write out answers to some questions at the end and take a quick 4 question exam.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The GEO Group (San Jose, CA) in Jun 2020

Interview

Was contacted by Recruited in Florida who could not tell me about position. Had Video interview with Clinical Director who did a one hour video interview with. Passed that interview and was set up for an in person interview. When I showed up at the in person interview was told the person was out sick, but another person would do it. She did not ask me Anything about my background. Explain The different position I was recruited for. .

Interview Questions
  • The video interview was very good and asked me relevant questions about my knowledge and background in the field. The in person interview did not ask me any questions. She discussed a different position they were previously recruiting me for. Told me the position I was interviewing for I was overqualified for and to go back to the recruiter and tell him I wanted the other position . I then got a rejection email saying they went with someone more qualified?

The GEO Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The GEO Group in Apr 2020

Interview

The entire process was all via phone. Questions were basic and due to Covid-19, a selection would be made by Phone Interview only. After being told the selection would be made in a week, I had to email and call to check on the result. HR dept said a selection had not been made in the desired time. I had to email 3 more times until I received an automated response. I was also interested in another role and HR never emailed back about my questions. Unprofessional and lack of communication.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Adelanto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The GEO Group (Adelanto, CA) in Mar 2020

Interview

They interview was easy. Their was two people asking a series of questions. They explained the job in detail and answered all my questions direct and truthfully. I was a bit nervous but they put me at ease.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The GEO Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GEO Group

Interview

Received an email to schedule an appointment for an interview. I went to the interview a long way from where I live and met with two people for interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to solve a problem, what did you do and how did you solve it.

Anonymous Employee in Kearny, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The GEO Group (Kearny, NJ) in Sep 2018

Interview

applied online got call following day to come in for interview. after general interview if selected for second interview you will have to come in to teach a group to the population. after that part you gave to wait on back ground clearences. also a physical and drug test

Interview Questions
  • can you handle working in the population

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The GEO Group (Victorville, CA) in Jul 2018

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and started with asking about myself. The interview was a 2 panel person interview and was conducted on the worksite. The questions asked was about previous experience in the field.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Interviews