The Greenbrier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Greenbrier Interview Questions

2.4

Groundskeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Sulphur Springs, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, WV) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in person by the supervisor. First he called and interviewed me by phone. I had to submit a hair sample drug test. After the second interview i had a three day lonvg orientation, we learned about the hotel and the grounds, some of the history and it was all a very plesent experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly easy questions about what type of experience I had.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Greenbrier.

Interview

I interviewed in person once and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• It was an informative interview that focused a lot on the owner of the property.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Sulphur Springs, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, WV) in March 2013.

Interview

The one on one interview was the hardest part, but if you are confident and aware of the job responsibilities before heading in...you will do fine. Also, always smile when you can.

Interview Questions

• Do you want the Greenbrier to succeed?   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Sulphur Springs, WV

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, WV) in June 2012.

Interview

The position was for a SEO Speicalist and social media specialist. I was interviewed by two members from the marketing team and the Greenbrier Resort.....for a programming SEO position?? when I asked what hardware I would be using they replied with "what do you mean by hardware" LOL. When I asked about message design they replied with incoherent babbling about how they are looking to turn the hotel around. I have 6+ years of SEO experience and they couldent even tell me about the architecture of their site! What a waste of time. The laughable part is they took about three weeks to get back to me and did it through an email that went to my junk mail, to a position I would have turned down anyway. This position was founded in the misconceptions provided by gifted speakers in some conferences that presents social media as a bandaid for internal disorganization, overwhelmed underpaid workers, lack of bottom line objectives and seemingly third grade educated inexperienced marketers. Youd think that a billionair investing in a hotel would at bare minimum have a website that is opitmized! This just shows why the hotel has gone bankrupt and is on the verge of a repeat. My advice, dont worry about the interview questions, save your time and enjoy your day rather than spending the day talking to a bunch of idiots.

Oh yeah, the only question asked in the interview, yes the only one was "do you know photoshop" LOL for a SEO position.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Sulphur Springs, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, WV) in April 2012.

Interview

First I had a quick phone interview, then I had a skills interview over a weekend, I had a bench test that required I cook some basic things in different kitchens, help prep for service, learned about all of the different kinds of dining outlets were on & off property, participated during service in 4 different kitchens, worked a 12 hour shift, the chefs at the time were very passionate

Interview Questions

• What I'm most passionate about   1 Answer

Conference Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Sulphur Springs, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at The Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, WV) in August 2011.

Interview

Long and slow. A recuiter sold me on the property to begin with, I then had a phone screening with HR. Form there I had an interview with the hiring manager for the department. This process took about 2 months. After the phone interviews I was asked to visit the property for a few days and interview, all expenses paid including my travel expenses (contingent on being hired). Onsite interview was a gauntlet format with each department head 1st, then the team I would be working directly with, and finally the property General Manager. After the onsite I recieved an offer 3 months later.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my previous experience as a conference services manager.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Greenbrier.

Interview

No real interview process. The Greenbrier is just searching for anyone at this point. A warning: no matter your qualifications the HR department will put you where they feel you are 'needed' irrespective of your resume or skill sets.