The Mark Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Mark Company

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Mark Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Given the developers that this company has represented, I went into the interview process with very high hopes. From the beginning I sensed that the company wasn't as put together as I'd initially thought, however I chose to move forward anyway because I liked some of the projects that they were working on.

The interview process was disorganized and when I met with the individual who heads up operations and HR he was incredibly condescending and unsophisticated with his questions. It appeared that the HR department had been delegated to him for lack of anyone else to run it and I can't imagine there being anyone who is worse to represent the company.

I went into the office 3 times for interviews and during that time researched the past and current employees online. It appears that aside from senior level management, there is an exceedingly high turn over with employees only staying 1-2 years. I also recently learned that one of the partners that I interviewed with has left the company and he was only there for 2 years.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past residential developments I'd worked on and what the marketing entailed.   Answer Question

I didn't want to commit myself to a company with poor leadership and based on my conversations with previous employees, my interviews and research I did online, it became very clear that is what I would have experienced.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Mark Company (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

The phone interview with the HR person was great. She was very nice. Then, I was invited to come for an in-person interview. This did not go nearly as well. I think the woman who interviewed me, a principal in the company, had decided she didn't like me the instant she laid eyes on me. She kept asking me "do you have any more questions" like she couldn't get me out of there fast enough. I'd brought along a qualifications package for myself, sort of like a brochure, that I leave behind at interviews. I think it sets me aside from other applicants and helps the interviewer remember my work - something a resume alone won't do. Well, she tried to give it back to me. Like she couldn't be bothered to even look at it.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any more questions?"   2 Answers