The North Face Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The North Face Interview Questions

Interviews at The North Face

2.4

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The North Face.

Interview

I already worked for the company so I didn't get the typical questions. Mainly we talked about my current position and how I could benefit in the new role. Very positive feedback and experience overall

Interview Questions

• what areas would you need the most support in taking on your new role?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The North Face (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Approximately 2 months with no updates or communication. After submitting application, interviewed a couple of weeks later and then had a second/final interview about 2 months later. Both interviews were at store location.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to time management, leadership, customer experience, staff development, training.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The North Face.

Interview

It was unprofessional!!! I was called yesterday by a Store Manager for a phone interview, we agreed on a time and day ( which was the next day). The Store Manager forgot to call me, I called and asked if we still having the interview, he said he thought it was for Monday not today. I was like no today, as he checked his Calender it was today.

To me that is just very unprofessional, I'm a Manager as well and when people take time from their schedule to interview, you should at lease be there.

I would not recommended this to anyone. Very disorganized

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The North Face.

Interview

Great interview, solid questions with a lot of hypothetical scenarios to judge your thought process and likely outcomes. Many other scenario based questions like how would you handle hiring 20 people in 45 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a confrontation with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The North Face.

Interview

I first got a call about 2 days after I had applied online, and was asked if I would like to come in for an interview and what day would be most suitable for me. I was interviewed 2 on 1, by two ladies. They did not seem too impressed by my answers to their questions, they looked very unmoved. I think it was my accent that threw them off a little bit.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The North Face (Sunrise, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

It was actually pretty straight forward when I went to interview at that time for a full time position. They were great and made you feel comfortable. I did not feel nervous at all. I got the offer for the position within a couple of days.

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The North Face (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Group interview. Standard questions. Met with the store manager and the assistant manager. It took 3 weeks for my references to get through. They take references way too seriously for just a retail job.

CAD Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The North Face.

Interview

Communication was straightforward with questions that pertain to job. Except the person doing most of the interviewing was someone that just started a month ago. This person didn't seem to know certain things about the company. Also this person is not a local bay area resident. He was someone that moved for the job. The manager was only in the interview for a short period of time before excusing themselves for another meeting.

Are you in the east bay? I said I was in sf. I was asked how I got to the company. I said I took the bart and he asked why? The bart is so far. There is a bus right outside the bart station and shuttle I said. He said he didn't know about it. He asked why I didn't take the ferry. I said the ferry only has certain hours. My interview was in the afternoon and the ferry only has 2 times 7 & 8 from the sf ferry building in the morning. He said everyone takes the ferry here. I had to pause and stop talking so he would stop telling me how to get there. We were on this question for longer than I thought was necessary.

I was told through my agency and their hr that the hiring manager was happy with me and leaning towards hiring me. I had all the qualifications and experience with plenty of samples. But they made an offer to someone else after they reiterated the reliable transportation question to me again through the agency. I said I would take public transportation and will buy a car when they hire me fulltime since this was a temp position with possibility of fulltime. I am very surprised I was not offered the position based on taking public transportation and not having a car. I am a snowboarder, a runner, hiker and do yoga. I thought this was an active company and a bayarea company that cares about the environment and encourages employees to take public and other sorts of transportation. I think this mainly had to do with the new hire that did most of the interview since he was not a bay area resident that does not understand everyone commutes.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The North Face (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an REI recruiter who had seen my online application. She emailed to set up a phone interview around the beginning of April. I set that up for several days later and spoke with her about my experience on a fairly basic level as well as the job description for about 30 minutes. About 3 days later, I heard back from her and she set up an interview with the store manager. This was scheduled for about a week later. I met with him for about an hour; we talked in depth about my current role, company expectations and job description. I felt this meeting went extremely well. I was called the next day by the same recruiter to set up another interview with the district manager. I returned to the store a week later for this interview. We talked about the same things mostly, however, even though this interview went well, I did not feel as comfortable with the DM as he was a little aloof at times. This interview took about 40 minutes. I was called a few days later by the recruiter again to say she needed me to complete the background portion of the application; their application system was offline though so I had to print out an emailed copy and then fax it. I was told the SM and DM had to go out of town for meetings for a week but a decision would be made shortly after their return. I was then told a week later that the SM was back in town but the DM had to leave again for an unexpected trip so the process had been delayed once again. I never heard back from anyone at North Face. This was incredibly disappointing as I put in weeks of time and effort and felt as though I was at least owed a phone call even if I wasn't chosen for the position. My application continued to pend in the online application system for even several more weeks and was finally taken out at some point. My time frame given for the process went from when I was contacted to the time I was told it would take before I heard back from them. Obviously the time frame ended up being much longer.

Interview Questions

• How do you know, when interviewing someone, if they're a good fit for your store?   Answer Question
    • What do you do to drive sales on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Was called.