The North Face Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The North Face Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

Program Manager Interview

Interview

There was a phone call and then a group interview and then an in person interview. The interviewer was very nice but it was a little awkward. There were other people there interviewing for the same job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you don't agree with a colleague?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The North Face (Troy, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I had received a call from them about 2 weeks after applying. When I got there I was first interview by the store manager. She only asked a couple questions to get like a feel/ vibe of what type of person I was nothing to in detail. After that they ask you to come back for a second interview with the assistant manager. Now he's the one that got into detail and asked more store related questions.

Selling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albertville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The North Face (Albertville, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and was contacted the same night by the store manager. We set up an in store interview the following weekend. At the interview, I was first interviewed by the assistant manager, then the store manager. It was a very open interview, which I liked. I could ask as many questions as I wanted and they appreciated it. They were also very informative, which I like at interviews because some companies don't give you much info as far as benefits and pay and such. They said they liked me and wanted to set up an interview with the district manager. Originally it was just going to be a phone interview, but he was going to be in town the next week so we did an in person interview. It was also a very relaxed setting and the DM was also very open. Then they did a background check, and offered me the position contingent on me passing the background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate everything, the terms of the employment already sounded fantastic.

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The North Face (Camarillo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard hiring and interview process. Applied online and got a phone call for an interview 2 weeks later. I went to the interview and was asked standard interview questions for a retail position. They were very nice and it was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at The North Face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The North Face (Myrtle Beach, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Had just a discussion with the manager about what they need and what my availability is and I got employed. Initially,it was for extra help for the holidays- Black Friday and Christmas. Having previous experience in retail sales was a plus and also I was recommended by a fellow colleague that was now employed full-time at the location that I applied to.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The North Face (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Approximately 2 months with no updates or communication. After submitting application, interviewed a couple of weeks later and then had a second/final interview about 2 months later. Both interviews were at store location.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to time management, leadership, customer experience, staff development, training.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The North Face (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed with another candidate with a team of people in the back room. They rapid fire questions, and will move on if the other person cuts you off. It was fairly intimidating having not interviewed for a sales position previously.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The North Face (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple questions over customer care and why we applied to work there. Asked us about what we expect when we walk in the store, product knowledge, etc. the interview was a group interview in which 3 people were interviewed by the manager.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most important thing to us when we walk into a store   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The North Face (Allen, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later, got a phone call to schedule an interview. It was a one-on-one interview, with typical retail interview questions. The entire experience was comfortable, with no extremely difficult question or hypothetical scenarios. Updates on a job offer took approximately two weeks and thankfully got the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The North Face?
      What do you know about The North Face?
      Tell me about your previous work experience.
      Tell me about an experience (positive/negative) you had working as a retail associate.
      Name some of your strengths and how it would be applied to this company.
      What's the most important quality to have as a retail associate?
      Do you see yourself progressing up the retail career ladder in The North Face?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The North Face (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. I received a phone call to set a interview for the following day ; he asked to bring 3 references . (I brought 3 letters of recommendation and also a copy of my resume) . My one main advice is to learn about the company ( who created it, what was the reason , when did it begin, where did he open the north face , why was this important ) also practice what you will say in a interview , don't just wing it. I went in the store 15 minutes early, it was a group interview of three. The assistant store manager asked us questions and told us to feel free to answer the question , ( I recommend trying to answer it first and also answer with a example. I'm still waiting to see if I receive an offer , crossing my fingers !