The Predictive Index Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Predictive Index Interview Questions

Interviews at The Predictive Index

2.9

Client Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Predictive Index.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter you are sent a couple of different types of assessment tests. If you score above a certain level then they reach back out to you to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the creative process for a client project you have managed.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Predictive Index.

Interview

After applying online, I was greeted with several emails inviting me to take behavioral/cognitive assessments. Since this is what the company does, it makes sense. The cognitive questions reminded me of college placement exams and the behavioral questions were done to assess cultural fit.

Upon completion of the tests, I was contacted by HR for a phone screen.

The phone screen actually went over my behavioral test results with me and they discussed how I would potentially fit into the culture there based on my results. The company ghosted me after that, and I received the rejection email several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How well do you do in an environment that doesn't have clearly defined structure?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Predictive Index (Westwood, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

(***I had not yet received a verdict on an offer as of the date of this post by the way, but am required to complete one to post this review***)
    I applied online, received a call with an HR recruiter, then later received an invite to take a personality assessment. After the assessment I had a phone call with the VP of Sales, then was flown in for an in-person interview, as I live about a ~10 hour drive from the office. I talked with a few different individuals on the sales team (all started working there within the past 2 years -- mostly within 2017) and then the VP of Sales/Marketing. Everyone asked questions that focused primarily around your results of the behavioral assessment that were very thought-provoking. No questions seemed intended to "stump" you but rather really push you to think thoughtfully and elaborate on your background. They thoroughly determine if you're a cultural fit. Positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Asked me about the duties of my past jobs and what my prior employers/advisors/mentors would say about me.   Answer Question
    • What attracted you to P1   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Various behavioral questions about your leadership/optimal management style, and far more specific ones that are tailored specifically to your results on the PI. Very comprehensive.   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Predictive Index.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and helpful until it came time for my on-site. Everything went seemingly very well, and I was told I would hear back the following business day. Several days later, after not hearing updates, I sent thank you emails to the interviewing team members, also receiving no reply.

A full week after the interview, I received a rejection email saying everyone loved talking to me but they wouldn’t be moving forward — with no explanation of time gap or what was going on.

I’ve been on both sides of the interviewing process many, many times and I know this behavior usually indicates a company that keeps candidates hanging while they look for someone cheaper/local/etc — it’s really not a business practice I can support. I was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize design work in fast moving sprints   Answer Question

The Predictive Index Response

Jul 9, 2018 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. At PI, we take our interview process very seriously . Our process is designed to give candidates as much opportunity as possible to get insight to the role, the company... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Predictive Index (Westwood, MA).

Interview

since they're actively hiring you can attend one of their social events.
    then they'll give you a link to their two-page assessment.
    take their silly little test, you don't need to select any specific number of adjectives, anything over 20 won't raise any red flags, any sales person with common sense can select terms like conscientious, self-starter, competitive, polished, well-liked and so on. their test really is a joke.
    select the same terms of both pages, just add or delete 2 or 3 terms to make it look a bit different, none of this nonsense is scientific.
    their second assessment is bit trickier - cognitive assessment - keep in mind that you can practice online all day long, there are 3 or 4 categories of questions, once you understand each category go as fast as you can and answer the easy questions first, you can always come back to more difficult questions at the end, if you have time. if you answer 23 to 25 right you got the job. if you answer 35 to 40 correctly mike will worship you and offer you a job on a spot.
    then phone interview with hr - very easy going
    followed by in-person interview at their location, they'll probably give you a "readback" similar to palm reading, go along with it and pretend to be fascinated

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Predictive Index (Westwood, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and established. My recruiter explained PI's process and why they operate as they do. First, I took the behavioral and cognitive assessments. Then, during my phone screen with the recruiter, she explained my behavioral profile and my work styles. It was very interesting and personal and helped me better understand how I would fit into the role I applied for.

Then, I moved onto a phone interview with the hiring manager. This went well as it gave me a chance to better explain my skill set and what I could offer to the role. Then I had plenty of time to ask questions of my own about the role, team, and company. Following this, I participated in an exercise to return to the hiring manager. It was simple and was mostly a test of attention to detail and problem-solving.

Lastly, I came in for a super day interview. This lasted about 3.5 hours and I got to meet with each member of the team, as well as a culture-fit interviewer. Overall, I left feeling as though I understood the role, team, and company.

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Predictive Index (Westwood, MA).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email the next day to complete a behavioral and a cognitive assessment. Following week went in to interview with 2 members of HR. Got a nice tour of the office and then spent about 30 mins in each interview. Many questions were based on the behavioral assessment I had taken and prior work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Predictive Index (Westwood, MA).

Interview

Applied via the company's main website. Process took 3+ weeks. Submitted my application and was sent a behavior and cognitive assessment from HR. I don't believe in those assessments so I had a relative in college take it for me, she's the book smart kid of the family so I figured she'd do well, and she did.

Anyways, I got an email back from HR wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone screen was going over my resume, past experience, and going over my behavior assessment. They didn't tell me what my cognitive score was but said I (my relative haha), scored enough to qualify me for additional follow up process. The behavior results didn't really make any sense to me since I didn't take it but it sounded like it described my relative, maybe.

After the phone screen, I was then scheduled for an on-site interview. I met with three/four people back to back, I think the president or ceo was one of them.

Got a call back after a few days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your future growth heading towards?   Answer Question
    • What makes you different than any of the other candidates gunning for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Predictive Index in December 2018.

Interview

Rushed, too casual. Received a phone screen and recruiter called late and wasn't paying attention. We spent less than 10 minutes on the phone, promising an answer within 1-2 business days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Predictive Index in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Sales Development Representative position online. Within a day of applying, I received an email with the link to take PI's cognitive and behavioral assessment. Following these assessments, the interview process consisted of three rounds- initial phone interview with a recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager and a final round Super Day. Every employee that I spoke with during the interview process was welcoming and extremely informative. Scheduling for each round was very simple, the process moved quickly (I had all three rounds in one week) and everyone was professional. I was treated like a person, not just a candidate. They will not ask you questions that will purposely try to stump you- they truly want to get to know you as a person to ensure that you will be a great fit. Keep doing what you're doing!