The PrivateBank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The PrivateBank Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round was on campus - more about getting to know about you and your background, what you know about the bank, and why you are interested in them. Final round was in the office - consisted of a case study, 4 30-minute interviews with a variety of employees involved in the program, and then ends with a lunch. No technicals outside of the case study, which was pretty straight forward - all about getting to know you to make sure you are a good fit.

Consumer Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

the interview process was very good. Met with Manager and a department head. Received offer in couple days of the interview. We had a great conversation about the positions, they were very open and made me feel comfortable since I had been out of the industry for sometime.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, beginning with a screening phone interview, followed by two rounds at headquarters. The in bank interviews were very challenging, and included case studies. I received an offer, and accepted the offer.

Operations Processor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Like most progressive companies The PrivateBank has an online application process where after you apply if you are lucky someone from HR will contact you to discuss the role further and if you are interested in pursuing the position further. After that you have an interview. They do interview twice but the second interview is with a different member of management as usual. A couple of weeks later you'll get either a phone call from HR extending an offer or the usual "we really liked you but..." email.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

First had a phone screen. Next was a face to face and then a video interview. Was relatively easy. Had to complete a case study. Know financial ratios and financial statements. Took HR almost two weeks to get back to me after final interview was completed. Overall good experience. Would recommend.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online through company website and received phone interview two months after. Then, went to the Chicago location for an in-person interview with one HR employee, one person from the Commercial Banking Training Program, one commercial lender, and had coffee with two analysts. I received an offer two weeks after my interview. It definitely helps if you already know someone in the bank.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I put in my application through the website and received a call from HR less than a week later. It was behavioral questions and after around 30 minutes, they offered me a position. I accepted the position and then had a separate phone call with the director of the department that I was going to be working for to get a better sense of what to expect and how I should prepare.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The PrivateBank in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in late September interviewed in early October. Pretty routine interview. I thought everything went very. No call after the interview to tell if I got the position. I called to follow up and I was told they had offered the position to someone else

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The PrivateBank (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty typical. Interviewed with 4 people and questions varied but were not overly difficult. Range of questions with HR and other people in the bank. Everything was fair and the people seemed nice. Not trying to expose shortcomings either.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The PrivateBank.

Interview

Got a call, then went to an interview with the head of HR, after that she called me back for a second interview at my branch, and then I went for a third interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Basic such as "If you had a livid customer and you couldn't calm them down what would you do?" Obviously the answer is go to a supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation