The Roomplace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Roomplace Interview Questions

2.3

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Lombard, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional and fluid. I met with three people in HR and another member of the business. The only issue is that I had to send an email to find out the status of my interview. This is when I found out that they went with another candidate. Also, when they did send an email to inform me I did not get the job it had a lot of grammar and misspelled words in it.

Shipping Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Woodridge, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and had an interview the next day. The lady was very professional and friendly. My husband works in a completely different department in the company and he enjoys it as well. We sat down and she asked me about my experience and what I like to do. All in all it took about 25 minutes and I was offered a position the same day. I was sent my background paperwork which took two days, then a drug screen that took 24 hours and I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a situation that was difficult for you to handle.   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in an employer?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I arrived 15 minutes early because I wanted to show that I am punctual and I am reliable. Will be asked questions on oneself and if able to work on certain times. I was also asked if I had experience in Sales.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem or have trouble with a customers, what will you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Rockford, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was extremely awkward. The most unprofessional interview I've ever had. Everything is very casual. Not too many questions, was probably in and out in less than thirty minutes, for BOTH interviews. Had one interview lasting about 10-15 minutes then immediately had another with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest skills, and why do you think they would be good here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Joliet, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

a positive experience. Benefits and pay was explained thoroughly and I was also given a take home booklet as well. i was also told that i needed to be available on major holidays. a background check is a must is and was a pretty quick process.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked in sales? are you prepared to work on major holidays?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Roomplace.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. My first interview was with the hiring manager. She asked questions about my experience then more situational questions. The next interview was with my soon to be peer. That interview was more conversational; she didn't ask any difficult questions. The third interview was with the VP of Merchandising (my supervisors manager). She asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Using the first letter of your name, give me an adjective that best describes why I should hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They weren't will to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I came in for an interview which took less than half hour. I had no sales experience but they were in need of employees so I was hired in the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

It was simple interview with a few basic questions to test your competency. It was first a phone call and then I was brought in for a one on one. I applied online and received a call within the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame an obstacle in the workplace?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Orland Park, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was first interviewed by Office Manager and then by the General Manager. They both asked a series of questions. I had to complete a background test and drug test before hire.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you good at multitasking?
      Q: What hours are you looking to work?
      Q: Would you feel comfortable closing the store and managing your own drawer?
      Q: Why do you think you would be good for this position?
      Q: What are your strengths?
      Q: Would you be able to handle managing numerous phone calls as they come in?
      Q: Have you ever used Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Roomplace (Lombard, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

First I met with the Office Manager. After I interviewed with him, the GM came in, he didn't really ask me any question, we was explaining me how the business is doing and that there is a lot of opportunity for growth

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about yourself. If there would be an upset customer and there would be no managers around how would you handle that?   Answer Question