Cover image for The Salvation Army

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

The Salvation Army Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 384 of over 384 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

The Salvation Army

Application

I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

Swift and easy- well explained to me how the process would run and the panel created ease and confidence . Follow up call was carried out quickly and I received useful feedback to help me develop

Interview Questions
  • Tell us why you have applied for this role
    Answer Question

The Salvation Army

Application

I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

Great Interview Process! The supervisor interviewing was extremely transparent and upfront about the position. I truly have to commend how timely, professional and in depth the interview process was. I would definitely recommend this company for college students or someone looking for part time work!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army (London, England) in Sep 2022

Interview

Asked some questions which usually get asked at job interviews. They ask what your previous employer would describe you as in 3 words. It lasted for about 30 minutes although they did say it would be an hour interview. I got a call the next day saying they would like me to come to the head office and when I got there it was for an exam. The exam was about 6/7 finance based questions. I didn’t pass the exam.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Why you want to work for Salvation Army. What do you know about Salvation Army. How would your previous employer describe you in 3 words.!

The Salvation Army

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making a hire.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Salvation Army

Application

I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

Send in CV plus motivational letter.Interview with 3 people. Lots of questions on motivation and questions about experiance.The interview took about 1 hour and they were friendly and mad eit seem like id get a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • What is your motivation for applying for this job. What are your experiances with this work. How would you do this job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army (Pittsburgh, PA) in Aug 2022

Interview

A group setting. in-person, asking typical average questions related to the job and its duties, but ultimately, the process was misleading. As, a few days later, I was then asked to do a creative project, for free. which was totally adequate. then was not offered the job! Basically a bait & switch scenario. I wasted several days of time and effort, all for nothing. Will never do that again, unless paid for my time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Salvation Army (Nanaimo, BC) in Aug 2022

Interview

Extensive, 1 and 1/2 hours ,covered all aspects of the job requirements. 4 person interview dealing with the management of a large social organization and being ultimately responsible for the needs of the whole centre.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with the continuum of care .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army (Cleveland, OH)

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. When I arrived and told the receptionist who I was interviewing with, the receptionist never told the interviewer that I arrived. Someone finally came into the waiting area after 15 minutes and asked who I was there to see. The interviewer (who I found out was an Administrative Assistant and not a Supervisor or Manager) drilled me with a lot of questions about how I would handle being a manager (for a Program Assistant job) why I came to Cleveland and kept comparing Cleveland to the East Coast (where I'm from). She also answered her phone frequently during the interview. I gladly withdrew my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army (Sydney)

Interview

The process leading up to the interview was positive. I received a call promptly after applications closed and was invited for an interview. No response since despite follow-ups reflects poorly on the organisation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Salvation Army

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

It was in person. I met two supervisors who asked clear and concise questions which were all pertaining to the job. I had the opportunity to ask any questions, as well.

Interview Questions
  • What is a weakness that can get in the way of doing this job?
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 384 Interviews

The Salvation Army Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at The Salvation Army as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.35 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Case Manager and Store Clerk rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at The Salvation Army takes an average of 25 days when considering 302 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Case Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 10 days).

Common stages of the interview process at The Salvation Army according to 302 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 21.58%