The Siegfried Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Siegfried Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resource director, then followed by 2 (two) in person interviews with different members of the leadership team. Standard background check and drug test. Had to complete a document detailing skill areas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

My interview process consisted of three steps: HR phone screen, Director level phone screen, and in-person interview. Both phone calls consisted of the usual early interview questions about resume experience, interest in the company, and what kind of role/company you're looking for. The in-person interview is a heavily scripted three hour block sometimes with multiple interviewers. There is a strong focus on polish of applicants and ability to field more difficult what-if and behavior-based questions. Personally, I found the final round up tight compared to the initial phone conversations as well as every other in-person interview I've had even with Fortune 50 companies. I found it ridiculous that the last in-person conversation had one question about interests outside of work as we slogged through a 25 question standardized list. A while after, Siegfried recruiting sent an Amex gift card as a means of spreading the brand which made the marathon interview worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• As you think about the future of your career, what are you most excited about? What are you most concerned about?

Of the following Siegfried Intangibles, which ones most closely resonate with you and why? (Mental Agility, Analytical Ability, Chemistry, Communication Skills, Commitment, Flexibility, Courage, Confidence, and humility)

What do you see as your unique ability and how do you apply that to your work and personal life?

If you are currently employed, why are you looking to leave your current employer? If you are currently unemployed, why did you leave your last employer?

How would joining The Siegfried Group further your goals?

What parts of your job do you wish to spend less time on? What parts of your job do you wish to spend more time on?

What were the results of your last evaluation/performance review cycle and how did you rate against your peers?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, starts with an hour telephonic call in first round. Second round consists of a 3 hour interview with several directors and one if the resources. Main agenda would be to get to know the candidate and whether or not a good fit for the company. Detailed descriptions of the company are discussed including how you will be performance rated.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in articles at the big 4 and achievements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone screen. If there seems to be a good fit from there an in person interview will be scheduled. My in person interview lasted about 3 hours during which I met 5 members of the team. The each asked a different set of questions. The final person took the longest asking a series of 25 questions. He acknowledged that these 25 questions were a new method of standardized questions.

Interview Questions

• They are going to ask many questions; at the end none particularly stood out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed for the Senior Associate position in October 2016.General telephone screening and the invitation for the in person interview followed next day. The in person interview went ok but I didn't get the offer. General experience was good as the people whom I met were generally nice people. Almost half of the time during the interview the HR was talking about the company and the benefits they offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were general type of questions like experience , clients I have worked with the types of companies I have worked with. I spoke to 3 people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief phone screen and then I was given an office interview. I met with the HR manager first and then with two managers and a director. Each conversation was about 40 minutes. The interview was conversational and relatively causal.

Associate Manager Interview

Interview

This hiring process is extremely efficient. They give you the opportunity to speak to several individuals. I interviewed with 3 different people for approximately 45 mins each. The interview was more like a conversation and also heavily involved information about the firm.

Accounting Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. A lot of behavioral based style questions about working style and working with teams. Met with a total of four different people, so it was a pretty long interview.

Interview

People were great and the interview was not bad at all, mostly just getting to know each other instead of difficult questions. I worked through a recruiter, had a phone interview and then an in person interview where I met with three people.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was relatively straightforward with an emphasis on personality and fit over technical aspects. I met with 3 members of management and 1 peer. Everyone I met was positive and polished. I was uncertain on taking the position once it was offered to me so they invited me to dinner with a member of executive leadership which was a great opportunity to learn more about the business.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • What is it that you like/dislike about client service?   1 Answer