Think Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Think Surgical Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.8

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Think Surgical in May 2016.

Interview

The recruiter simply read off the job description posted on LinkedIn and asked if I had these qualifications over the phone. They did not also disclose that the position was a contractor, which, had I known, I would not have bothered applying. He then strong armed me into disclosing my past salary history going back to 2002, which I told him I was not comfortable disclosing,since I did not know enough about the role. (It was 20 questions rather than a 50-50 interview). Even after I gave him my salary range and he said they would increase it by more than 20%, which sounded great. He said he would call back in a week to schedule a 2nd interview with the hiring manager. Two months later and 3 follow up emails, I've heard nothing. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Are you taking any vacation time in the next couple of weeks?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a healthcare environment before? (Duh, the 1st sentence of my resume states that clearly)   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Think Surgical (Fremont, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR, and directly scheduled an on-site interview for two days later without interviewing me. On the day of Interview, I was lead to an office. HR briefly checked some information with me, then I was interviewed by 4 members of the company, each for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1.Basic check with my background, including project experience and courses were taking.
      2.Some technical questions related to my background, including drawing, fluid and solid mechanics.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Think Surgical.

Interview

I had three telephone interviews. All three interviewers quizzed me C++. One of them also quizzed me on Math and algorithms. Some questions were quite difficult. On-site interviews were similar. They made me describe some of my recent work, quizzed me on that. Again, quizzed me on C++. Overall, they asked me some really good questions, it was challenging and fun. The team I interviewed with (Surgical Planning Team) were all very nice people. I declined the offer because I had a better offer from elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Lots of C++ questions. Advanced knowledge of C++ will score you lots of points.   1 Answer

Software Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Think Surgical (Milpitas, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with hiring manager, followed by one on-site interview. On-site interview lasted 5 hours including a 30-minute test. Every half hour a new person would come in including (HR, software, firmware, software manager, director, CEO). Offer was made the following week. Even though I communicated the expected compensation quite clearly to HR and on paper, the offer did not come close to meeting expectations and HR acted astonished at me questioning the offer. I declined the offer due to irreconcilable differences. In general, it seems like a nice place to work, the CEO has a clear action plan and is trying to gear the company towards software development focus. I am curious about the future of the company because the vision may steer in wildly different directions and certain red-flags had me questioning my own commitment.

Interview Questions

• Difference between virtual and pure virtual functions?
      Have you ever worked with RTOS?
      Many questions on path algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Think Surgical in October 2015.

Interview

I gave two phone interviews which were not that hard. Just general stuff about the applicant's profile. I got an optimistic response for the next step but suddenly I didnt hear from them. I contacted them and they hired someone else. The role which the job involved was 3d reconstruction of bones and hip which I think I'm proficient in. So it was disappointing to hear that.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Think Surgical (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• 1) find out the bugs in program
      2) output of the program
      3) understanding of geography coordinating systems   Answer Question

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Interview

I interviewed with them a few months ago. First contacted by HR and asked to do a phone screening. Then phone interview with hiring manager. Then phone interviews with other senior sales managers. Then phone interview with director of HR. Then face to face with hiring manager. Then offer.

Interview Questions

If you want to attract the best talent then make sure you're ready to compensate them accordingly. In sales, no guarantee with no product in a start-up equals huge red flag. A guarantee of previous W2 would have done it for me.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Think Surgical.

Interview

Applied online. Phone call with recruiter, then hiring manager, then onsite for 3 hrs. Interview with HM was good, but other interviwers didn't know what they are asking. They were looking for someone who ONLY does testing and not interested in your accomplishments.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Think Surgical.

Interview

They led me to a room where I first talked to the HR director and then several people came in one after the other. I talked to people of all different levels, from senior managers to recent hires. It was great talking to the recent hires as they were able to give me some insight into what could be expected when I started.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Think Surgical (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about 1-2 weeks in for 2 phone interviews. After which I was notified if both interviewers give a positive feedback, I would do another phone interview, and would move on to a face-to-face if the phone interviews go well. Another 1-2 weeks, I was notified I would do another phone interview. 2-3 weeks, I was notified that I would do a face-to-face interview. I had a pretty bad experience with the face-to-face interview. I'll skip the details, but out of all the interviews I've been going to for companies small and big, this was the most negative experience I've had. I was told that they wouldn't sit on a decision, which is precisely the thing they did not do. Sat on the decision for about 2 months.