Thompson Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thompson Hotels

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thompson Hotels (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted online interview, personality test , passed they called for phone interview them in person interview then another interview! Met with tons of enthusiastic people and was 1 of 3 finalists - only to be sent a canned computerized rejection 5 days later :/

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thompson Hotels (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted a couple weeks later. I interviewed separately with two managers. Two weeks later a person from upper management and a few days later, the General Manager of the hotel. After a background and drug test, I was working. The whole process was about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thompson Hotels (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

1 st interview: sit down with HR manager. Easy/simple questions. Everyone was very friendly.
    2 nd: sit down with hiring manager and hotel gm. More difficult questions. But everyone still very nice.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thompson Hotels (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Applied online... phone call with front office director... came in for interview with FO director...met with GM next.

Interview Questions

• Its more of trying to remain focused while the person interviewing looks like she never brushed her hair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation...they'll low ball you an hourly rate that is not comparable to any other 4 star hotel in the area.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thompson Hotels (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with Front Office Manager didn't consist of much -- he just told me he liked my resume and wanted to know when I was free to come in for an interview. Ended up going in two days later, met with FOM, AFOM, and General Manager. Was offered the position at the end of the week. They asked me about my previous front desk experience and some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a guest was unhappy with your answer and how did you fix the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question