ThousandEyes Software Engineer - Data Visualization Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ThousandEyes Software Engineer - Data Visualization Interview Questions

Interviews at ThousandEyes

1 Interview Review

Software Engineer - Data Visualization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ThousandEyes (Tucson, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a short HackerRank. After that I was a given coding project based on d3. I was able to do it and had to devote quite a good number of hours to it. They wanted "production-quality" code. After my submission, I was told they wanted to interview me over Skype for 3 hours.

I had 3 hours of intensive front-end JS and algorithmic coding. I did well in all these rounds as well. I was then told by the recruiter that the team was impressed and then scheduled a call with CTO. I was also asked for 3 references.

The call with the CTO also went well and I was expecting an offer. However I was told a few days later that my joining date (I am a new grad) was too far out for them and they could not offer me the role at this point. They told me they would sync up with me in a few months (February) regarding the role.

I found this unprofessional because I clearly informed the recruiter in my initial call that I'd only be able to join after graduation in the summer.

I was not contacted a few months later (February) as well. I can understand the recruiting process is not perfect but it would be have been nice to communicate with the candidate after such a lengthy process.

Interview Questions