Three Ships Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Three Ships Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Three Ships

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Three Ships.

Interview

The interview was intense and they put you through the ringer. At the end, they don't really do a good job, but they make it stressful. Be prepared to answer questions that don't really seem to identify good or bad candidates

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about actual names of people you used to work with as though they are going to contact them directly. They didn't follow-up with any, however.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Three Ships (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Typical HR screening, but was very divorced from everything technical. It felt as if the hiring manager had already made a decision based solely on small portions of my resume, rather than taking in what I was conveying throughout the phone call. It seemed that everything I said was disregarded, especially when it came to my technical prowess and experience related to what was described on the job description. Her tone came across as cold and disrespectful, whether or not a candidate is perceived as being qualified prior to a phone screening shouldn't have such a great effect on the direction that the screening takes.

Interview Questions

• You don't have an engineering degree, are you sure this is the job you meant to apply for?   Answer Question

Vice President of Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Three Ships (Raleigh, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Question: How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus?
    After answering, the interviewer seemed confused by my answer, as if he had searched on the internet how Microsoft interviews people, and tried to emulate, but forgot to read the answer, or the importance of the answering process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Three Ships (Raleigh, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

A gentleman from sales called me and did a first round screening. Gaging what my interests were in sales. Why I wanted to join TSM. As well as informing me that the position will be tough making 60+ dials per day trying to generate leads for the team. You need me to be enthusiastic and excited about sales and quickly show why you are a good candidate for a TSM position. "Sell yourself...otherwise no one will do it for you."

A face to face interview with three to four other members of the sales team reviewed your resume' was the next step. If the team thought you maybe a good fit then you moved to the next step. "Build rapport with team...this is a fit in or get out kind of interview." At the end of the interview you have to do a trial cold call to book a meeting given a scenario on a page (My scenario was to call a financial firm to get them to book a meeting to discuss digital marketing strategies). It is ok to struggle. This is to show that you can handle the pressure and think quick on your fit.

Call with the CEO. You have to impress him. He is very smart and will through curve ball questions to test how quickly you can think on your feet.

1 on 1 interview with the President. If you made it this far you basically have the job. You need to keep doing the same things. Be confident, smart, basically everything the previous 'gates' saw in you.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview you have to do a trial cold call to book a meeting given a scenario on a page (My scenario was to call a financial firm to get them to book a meeting to discuss digital marketing strategies).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available. It is a start up and they had to stick with their budget.