TinyCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.1

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email, talked to the recruiter to set up phone interview, had the interview, moved onto art test, submitted art test, got email saying they weren't moving forward with the process

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your previous position?
      Are you still employed?
      What is your price range?
      What kinds of franchises and ips are you into?
      Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I did an initial phone screen that lasted for about 30-45 minutes. The questions were not difficult and I was asked about 6 questions or so. Based on the discussion, it sounds like there's a lot of room for growth for the next person in this role and would be a perfect fit for someone looking to work in the mobile gaming industry. Budget was a really important factor as well as the need for someone who's organized and can be a jack/jill of all trades. They were looking to move quickly on the hiring process and got back to me within a few hours and let me know it wasn't a good fit for them (not quite sure why) since I thought it went okay. However, my heart wasn't really in the interview to begin with so I am glad that it didn't work out.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I wouldn't recommend TinyCo based on two aspects.

1. Steer away from any company that requires your current salary info, especially when you apply online, it's a must to fill out. Your offer has nothing to do with your current pay rate. It should be based on your experience, skills, credentials, your market value, and what you can bring to the table. A lot of times the reason that they ask is because they want to pay you the bare minimum, which was confirmed through the interviews I had w/ TinyCo.

2. They give you assignments, for example find six qualified candidates for their current open positions: software engineers, PMs, UI artists, etc. You do all your hard work and they even tell you that they found your homework very helpful and actually reached out to those candidates, which at this point you would think they should value your skills as a recruiter, but unfortunately, no. Anyway I find this tactic quite smart because they don't have to pay you for finding quality candidates for them, and they don't actually have to hire you. So theoretically, they would have unlimited recruiter candidates who do the free work for them.

I also had a very negative experience interviewing w/ the HR manager. One thing I found quite unprofessional was that she tried very hard to minimize my skills and achievements so that maybe she could justify to pay me as little as she can.

Anyway, I do not recommend TinyCo based on my interview experience and their employee reviews.

P.S. They did the phone interview and said would let me know about the on-site, which they forgot. So you may have to email to remind them!

Interview Questions

• What is your current pay rate?   1 Answer

TinyCo Response

Feb 24, 2016

Thanks so much for the feedback! We are extremely proud of the positive, hard-working & diverse culture we have created at TinyCo. Because of this, our recruiting efforts are very thorough to ... More

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview with dept. head, and onsite 5+ hr face-to-face interview. Whole process took a month and a half. Questions were asked about my previous projects and how I solved some problems. No technical or white board questions were asked. I accepted an offer at another company.

Interview Questions

• How would you monetize a gaming app to generate more revenue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fast, efficient, challenging, made sense. I first talked to a recruiter who was very nice and made sure that I was at least looking for what the company was offering. Then I had a call with one of the product managers which was challenging and enjoyable. Then I was sent a test to complete that took a long time. I wrote more than expected and was commended for it. Then I was brought in to interview with 3 senior product managers. One was easy, one was challenging, and one made me feel like there was no way I would get the job based on the difficulty of the questions. All were nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure success of a feature you implemented   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TinyCo in March 2015.

Interview

The interview had three rounds. One initial phone screening where the recruiting manager will contact you and get to know you more, be prepared to discuss your recent project with her. After the phone screening she will review your resume with her boss and get back to you with another interview with the boss with a product development assignment. If they find you capable and fit their expectation, they will fly you to their office and conduct a face-to-face interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TinyCo in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with HR member about background
    2x Interview with engineering team about pointers and algorithms (shared code)
    Onsite interview with 4 members of engineering team (including Engineering Manager)
    Got the offer next day in the morning

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 Phone screens and an 5hr In-Person Interview (make sure you eat a lot before you go in because you will be hungry by the end)

You will meet the CEO by then end of the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what data you would look at for mobile games.
      Questions about the potential impacts of features
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

First round phone interview:
    - Walk through your resume and experience
    - Have you played TinyCo games. What do you think about them?
    - Are you a big gamer? What kind of game do you play?

Interview Questions

• - Have you played TinyCo games. What do you think about them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Tinyco HR contacted me via linkedin and asked me if i want an interview. I decided to give it a try because it's sort of boring in my current company. I worked in gaming industry many years. I was just curious about Tinyco kind of small startup.

I got two telephone interviews and one in-house interview. Interviews were very easy. Just simple questions about c++ and simple algorithm about array and linklist. You don't need to prepare complex algorithm for this company. Forget about tree/forest/graph/hash.

The reason I declined the offer is that I found people complained Tinyco about cloning games of other companies in Quora. Then i played the games of Tinyco. Yes, all their games are clones of other games. For example, the Tiny Monster is a clone of Dragonville, and not as good as Dragonville. As a veteran in gaming industry, I knew if you don't have creativity, you will die one day. Zynga is dying, and with bad reputation. I don't want to work in a company with bad reputation. As a result, I turned down the offer.

Interview Questions

• Just simple questions about c++ and simple algorithm about array and linklist.   Answer Question