Tishman Speyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tishman Speyer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

First met with their Corporate Recruiter and then with Property Manager. The interview went smoothly and well with both individuals. It was a pleasant experience with each interviewer. Asked typical interview questions, spoke a lot about the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Run me through your resume and tell me about yourself. Basic interview. They are looking to see if you would be a good fit in the culture. Very important to connect with someone there before hand.

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. The candidates were not told that they were chosen until much later, which made the process opaque and drawn out. The interviewer was disenchanted with process. Also, it seems like the work would be have no practical experience or benefits.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly focused on behavioral questions, as well as relevant experiences from internships, course work and extracurriculars. Focused on specific examples that apply to functional group of your application.

Highlight the experiences that have prepared you for the specific role–i.e. excel analysis projects, real estate analysis (DCF, etc.), research or coursework. Important to express interest and excitement for the role.

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty long, about 3 hrs. I interviewed by 4 individuals. 2 directors, an associate, and the senior recruiter. They were all straight forward about the position and the company.

Records Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed over the phone then met in person. Rather comfortable interview, very quick and to the point and was made an offer shortly thereafter. I was made and offer after the initial face to face meeting and I accepted the job offer. Salary was not what I wanted but I needed to change jobs quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview in Boston office. No technical questions. Phone interviewer did not know what to ask and did not seem to know anything about real estate, e.g. Did not know Jones Lang Lasalle. In person interviewer did not seem to like the role he was in and suggested I steer away from asset management, which is what the analyst position was for--very confusing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my career goals   1 Answer

Summer Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

There are three rounds that stretch of 30 days 1) soft - general interview questions about your experience and general disposition towards the real estate industry 2) excel modelling test 3) interviews with senior management to make sure that you are the right fit for the company since this firm highly values those that can reflect the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Tell us your background? What is your favorite class/professor at business school? What is your biggest strength and weakness? How do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer (New York, NY).

Interview

it is weird that they still have outdated information from 2010 on their website within career section. No clear directions after application. Very negative experience without any communication or any feedback. If they are the company that people are talking about...I would expect them to be good at getting back and giving feedback and updating appropriate information on their website. If you are not hiring stop putting fake information on your website. I have tried several times for the past 2 years. No response. This time I go through an internal employee referral and that as well takes them so long. Very negative experience. TS is not on top of their game. No wonder employees have given it poor rating as a lousy and arrogant place to work at. Seems like they dont care.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tishman Speyer in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by a very unprofessionally dressed looking woman - told I was over-qualified.
    Passed over for position, then contacted later for a lesser position... they take advantage of people.

The interviews are not that serious.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember but they were standard questions:
      Why Here? What is your best asset? Your worst? etc..   1 Answer