Tokio Marine America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was 3 hour process with an assessment and two interviews. I was asked to complete a cognitive and personality assessment which took about a half hour. Then I met with the HR Rep who was interviewing her replacement, she seemed to be making up questions as she went along the interview. The interview with the HR Manager was very pleasant and enjoyed the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about experience and skills.

I would rate this experience a negative because I never received a follow up status after two inquiries for an update on application.
      Answer Question

Tokio Marine America Response

Nov 22, 2016 – Social Media Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we strive to ensure that our candidates receive timely feedback, we are concerned that your experience was not reflective of this ... More

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America (Pasadena, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Process took about two weeks. Was contacted by HR recruiter then set up phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview was fairly easy and straight forward. Hiring manager just wanted to review my experience.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did i have with excel?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

met with the recruiting manager, the team and the director. They had a lot of questions on team work, test of controls. the whole interview process was over 2 hours. They were nice and made you comfortable. I took a IQ test of 50questions for 12mins. it was a nice learning experience.

Interview Questions

• A Lot of behavioral questions, how you will work in a team and different scenario questions.
      questions on test of controls.
      Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America.

Interview

Came through an agency so may have beat initial interviews & possible assessment tests. Interviewed with multiple parties the same day including HR & the teams supervisor & manager. Over all very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Mainly surrounding your experience as and adjuster and behavioral questions based on resume. Not hard at all.   Answer Question

Claims Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America in July 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with my now-current manager. He started off with basic questions, and slowly we went into a nice friendly conversation. It was one of the few interviews that I've been to where I felt very comfortable speaking.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America.

Interview

I picked up the interview thru a recruiter. It was a 2 person interview via phone started out well enough. The interviewer wanted a lot of deep dive technical detail, which I was ok with. The 2nd person joined the call and starting asking more about Project Management. It was the worst tag team interview I have ever been part of. The two were asking questions all over the board one wanted deep dive technical conversation, the other wanted to talk about something totally different (more high level topics and project management. I swear I didn't know if I was coming or going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Project Management methodology.   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

one phone call interview - supposed to be just the hiring manager turned out to be the whole department I would work with/for. flew me in for a one day interview, offer the next couple weeks and started a couple weeks after that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very stiff on negotiations

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Initial phone interview was very standard. The onsite interview was absolutely brutal. Normally this is spread over two days but may be consolidated into one day. The entire focus is on technical skill. They spend very little time with behavioral type questions (e.g. "How do you get along with others?") and cut right to inquiring into what you know about actuarial work.

Interview Questions

• Numerous technical questions, but a particular focus on knowledge related to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

At the time it didn't seem like the right move. The culture might have been a little rigid which worried me. It certainly seemed like interesting work and good experience if you are more inclined to the technical side of the profession.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Simple basic interview questions about past experiences, your resume and if you understand what you're interviewing for. The company culture was a step down from business causal in the summer time especially and it was very relaxed, not a very high paced environment and everyone was great and got along with one another.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a group of people and you had to communicate effectively.   Answer Question

Claims Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tokio Marine America (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple job interview with two managers. There were no difficult questions, only standard such as tell us about yourself, your qualifications, previous experience, hobbies. Interviewers were very kind and friendly. Nice company, perfect environment to work!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, experience   Answer Question
    • Vraag: wat was een van de vragen die u voorgelegd werd?   1 Answer