TomTom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TomTom Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TomTom (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a single telephone interview. A manager from the autonomous driving research division asked me several technical questions havind introduced what they are doing at tom tom in general. After that he asked me how can I contribute to the team both in terms of reseach and development.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

One Skype call with the Corporate manager in Europe, and one personal interview in the US office. The team that you will be working with will interview you on the second round

Strategic Account Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

Clumsy and weird. HR was dismal...no response or feedback. They called a reference and left a bad call-back number. When I gave my reference the correct #, they got ahold of HR person who said they'd call right back, but never did.

The process and people were frankly untrustworthy.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom (Burlington, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone conversation with the Talent Acquisition Manager. The conversation was primarily about work history and background. Nothing too difficult. The second step and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The second interview dug deeper into experience but nothing out of the ordinary. Overall, the interview seemed easier than other I have experienced.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

I applied through staffing agency.I was called for written technical test which included 3 sections - algorithms (coding tasks), SQL and puzzles. It was evaluated immediately and shortlisted candidates were interviewed by multiple panels. First round of interview was technical and interviewers asked questions about object oriented programming, database systems, code snippets. 2nd round of interview was behavioral + technical , questions about technical background and previous projects were also discussed. Last round was managerial . All the interviews were carried out on the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TomTom (Concord, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

- 3 interviews
    - 1 phone
    - 2 in person

Java Developer Interview

Interview

After completing the assignment in codility, was invited to onsite interview.
    Had a very nice discussion with technical guy about Core Java, couple of geometrical data problems and CI/CD.
    Everything went fine, but received an offer, which was much lower than we discussed with HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you investigate OOM in application on production?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TomTom (Rotterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Position in Rotterdam, lack on syncronization on scheduling the interview from HR, he was late at the interview afterwards. Not very professional. This leads to a bad opinion on the company even though from the products perspective TOMTOM is quite innovative.

Interview Questions

• Describe in a high level way what do you do at your current job   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

After a screening call, there were two interviews, mostly focused on experience, technical background and java skills, first with a manager, second with a technical person. More or less usual interview.

(Junior) C++ Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TomTom (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone interview I had to take a test on Codility with 3 tasks an 100 minutes time. The tasks were very similar to the training tasks supplied by Codility. After the successful test I was invited to a Skype interview. During the interview I had to solve two other tasks with roundabout 30 minutes each in a shared editor. After this interview it was decided that I did not fulfill the requirements.

All interviews/tasks were handled by HR, with the interview being performed by local employees from the targeted office.

Interview Questions

• What is the complexity class of searching in a binary tree?   Answer Question
    • How can a string which may only contain four different letters be represented in a class and use minimal storage?   Answer Question