Tommy Bahama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tommy Bahama Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring. Set up a time to get interviewed. Sat outside of Starbucks and talked. Very relaxed and straight forward. Didn't have that much of an interview feel. Called me the next day and I set up my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the manager to come in for an interview. She asked me to tell her about myself. She than told me about the company. She asked for a professional reference. The interview was pretty quick and painless.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. They both lasted about five minutes. Basic questions but I'm sure it was more of a personality interview than your normal interview. I researched TB before arriving to the first interview and it helped fill in some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballwin, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Ballwin, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The ladies I interviewed (2 women) with were great! So welcoming and easy to talk to! I felt like I had a great interview and met their qualifications . Interview lasted about 1hr.

Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Waipahu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call the next day, and interviews the day after. Was offered the job at the interview and accepted. I interviewed with the manager and he was very nice and had a relaxed nature. He stressed that the culture here is very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in working for Tommy Bahama? How will you handle non-English speaking customers? What will you bring to the table at Tommy Bahama? What do you know about the brand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Houston, TX).

Interview

They were very interested in who they were interviewing. Appearance is always key. I highly recommend going over interviewing questions just in case. Other than that, it was an average interview since I did get interview by two different employees.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama.

Interview

The interview process begins with filling out an application. After that one may receive a call to set up an initial interview. After initial interview if interviewer is interested than a second interview will be scheduled.

Interview lasted about 15 minutes with first manager then had a follow up interview, the same day, that lastsed about 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have exceptional service?
      What is an area this you feel you could improve?
      Answer Question

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Longer process, but professional. All in-person interviews were handled at their corporate headquarters in Seattle, WA. The building where their corporate headquarters is located is easy to find and parking wasn’t a problem in the parking garage there. There were two in-person rounds on top of the phone screen: The first with the immediate team members, then I was brought back for interviews with auxiliary members who work with the Email Marketing Specialist but aren’t directly tied to that role. Everyone I met was great and I never felt uncomfortable there at all. Overall the process from initial contact from the recruiter to the offer took a month.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were typical of any mid to upper level interview for an email marketing specialist role. One key one that stands out was about the biggest challenge I'd had when it came to building or working with an email.   Answer Question

In the end I took another offer that I felt was a better fit for me based on office culture, interests, and growth opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Naples, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and it was very easy! Basic questions of course mostly filling out past experience. I am waiting for a response right now and I am really hoping I get an interview. Seems like a super fun job.

Anonymous Employee in Primm, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Primm, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

Screened in person when first inquired about job. Phone interview, and long distance in-person interview. Required 3 references which were also phoned by management. Interview also took a while in whichit also is about an hour from town.