Tommy Bahama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Usually you have your first interview with the SM of the location you're applying for followed by an interview over the phone with another SM. Then you have a final interview with the DM to see if you're the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're passionate about that will impact the store?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

A series of three interviews. The first with the store manager followed with the district manager, both of which were in person. The third, and last interview was a phone interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you gain respect from your employees coming into your new position?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama in October 2014.

Interview

When I was interviewed for a part time position with them, it was a very laid back environment and the staff were very friendly and nice. I was thrown off by one question and answered it to the best of my ability. I wasn't able to commit to the hours that they wanted so I was not called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any success stories with the community service you coordinated?   Answer Question

Stock Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama in September 2014.

Interview

The process was simple. Met with store manager and he explained the position. Surprising that full time is not considered 40 hours at this place, but only 30-32ish. But expected to do backroom and help with front as needed. Overtime sounded frowned upon (wonder how seasonal fluctuations are handled?) But the pay would not make this worth it. They also frown upon those who want to go to school while working(i worked a full time job and did fine but they took issue with this.)

Interview Questions

• Asked about how a former boss helped with busy times.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Such nice management, very easy to talk to and engaging in the interview. Had one in person interview and one interview over the phone. It was a fast and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Hardest thing about visual; what can you improve on in your visual career   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy to talk to and very concerned with my needs

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later for an interview with the Store Manager. Very straight forward interview with basic visual questions. At the end of the interview I was told that I would need to interview twice more with the District Visual Manager as well as the Regional Visual. I actually thought the process was a bit much considering the starting pay was only around $14 per hour. I got called to interview with the DVM. It was actually a bit easier than the first. It was over the phone and was quick and to the point. I received a message from the RVM to schedule an interview but with the salary and my credentials, I do not think it's a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize visual goal directives from corporate?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama in October 2013.

Interview

They called me the day after I submitted my application and was so eager to interview me because "I had so much experience". I met with the Assistant Manager and he seemed very interested in me and wanted me to meet with the Store Manager. I followed up with a thank you letter and didn't even get a response one way or the other. The job is still posted a month later.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me a professional opinion on an operational issue they were having with the glass on the windows.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama.

Interview

I had two interviews. one with the district manager for visual and one with the store manager.
    I met them at one of the stores ( a different store for each meeting). I walked through the store before our meeting. They both asked me for feed back on how the store looked. The district manager also asked me how I would proceed if I needed to make a major floor change. I gave her a detailed answer. I covered every step and all the possible problems I would typically encounter, and how I would solve them. She realized that I knew what I was talking about and could easily do the job. I also realized that she really knew her job very well. I could tell by the types of questions she asked. I was impressed with both interviewers. We also talked about the history of TB ad they future development. I had researched this quiet a bit before the meeting.
    They approached the Corporate HR to hire me for this local position, but HR would not do it, since I was over qualified. It is true I was overqualified but I was willing to work my way back up the ladder. They said that situation typically it does not work out....so they do not hire overqualified people .... HA

the interview process was positive but the response from HR soured me to the experience and the company

Interview Questions

• For the first time in a long time these questions seemed to be knowledgeable and normal questions that got to the root of the matter quickly   Answer Question

Visual Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

After calling and setting up an interview with the store manager at my location, I went in for a face to face interview. Pretty standard interview, asked standard questions, but the manager talked a TON so it ended up being a 3 hour long interview. I was then told I would have a phone interview with a store manager at a different location, they would discuss, and then moving forward (if they decided to proceed)I would have my 3rd and final interview with a different store manager from a different location and he would give feedback as well. My phone interviews lasted 10 minutes and 40 minutes, respectively. After all three interviews, Ibwas offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance in which you felt you went above and beyond in assisting someone?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Jupiter, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was called in after submitting an online application to meet with Assistant Manager. She asked me a few general questions, and then scheduled me to meet the following day with the Manager. Everything went great, and I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What kind of wine would you pair with a steak?   1 Answer