Tommy Bahama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tommy Bahama Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

A series of three interviews. The first with the store manager followed with the district manager, both of which were in person. The third, and last interview was a phone interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you gain respect from your employees coming into your new position?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in ‘Ewa Gentry, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (‘Ewa Gentry, HI) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back few days later. Interviewed with the assistant manager. Interview went well, basic interview questions and after the interview was done the assistant manager said, "we will schedule you for another interview or see if the manager wants to bring you on board already." about a week later I got a call saying I got hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset co-worker saying you took their sales?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Tommy Bahamas?   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you know about us   Answer Question
    • In the fitting room, how would you execute a sell?   Answer Question
    • If a customer is undecided between two shirts, how may you (as a sales associate) execute the sale and what steps would you take?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama.

Interview

Relaxed, informal sit-down with two mangers and the floor supervisor. I first met with one manager, and then was called back to meet with the other manager and supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What about the Tommy Bahama environment makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring. Set up a time to get interviewed. Sat outside of Starbucks and talked. Very relaxed and straight forward. Didn't have that much of an interview feel. Called me the next day and I set up my schedule.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Jupiter, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was called in after submitting an online application to meet with Assistant Manager. She asked me a few general questions, and then scheduled me to meet the following day with the Manager. Everything went great, and I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What kind of wine would you pair with a steak?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the manager to come in for an interview. She asked me to tell her about myself. She than told me about the company. She asked for a professional reference. The interview was pretty quick and painless.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. They both lasted about five minutes. Basic questions but I'm sure it was more of a personality interview than your normal interview. I researched TB before arriving to the first interview and it helped fill in some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Usually you have your first interview with the SM of the location you're applying for followed by an interview over the phone with another SM. Then you have a final interview with the DM to see if you're the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're passionate about that will impact the store?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballwin, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Ballwin, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The ladies I interviewed (2 women) with were great! So welcoming and easy to talk to! I felt like I had a great interview and met their qualifications . Interview lasted about 1hr.

Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Waipahu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call the next day, and interviews the day after. Was offered the job at the interview and accepted. I interviewed with the manager and he was very nice and had a relaxed nature. He stressed that the culture here is very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in working for Tommy Bahama? How will you handle non-English speaking customers? What will you bring to the table at Tommy Bahama? What do you know about the brand?   Answer Question