Tommy Hilfiger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Livermore, CA).

Interview

There was a group interview of about five people, including myself. After the interview, those of us who were chosen attended an orientation about the company and the procedure for the grand opening for the specific store that I worked at and helped get started.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was one difficult experience I had with another job and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger.

Interview

This companies organization was a NIGHTMARE. Such a cool company and they were definitely my #1 choice for an internship but it was very rough communicating with them, i felt like HR and the department managers were never on the same page, and there were times when HR would email me the same question they had already asked in the same thread. Patience required.
    Otherwise, the people I spoke to on the phone were very nice and the questions were all basic behavioral questions.

Entertainment Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview at first just to get to know you. Then an in person interview is conducted. The VP asks very easy going questions to get to know you. Then she will go over the basis of the internship program and what you will do and gain. She, also, tells you what she needs out of an intern. Overall, very easy going

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Really well! The two ladies that interviewed me were easy going, felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. They were really detailed of what the job was and what I was going to do exactly, which is great to know. Got hired a few days after that! It was only supposed to be a temp for 2 months but they hired me full time, been here for 7 months so far.

Interview Questions

• What I did in my past jobs? My strengths and what I enjoy about the industry.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Short and brief. Questions were typical interview questions about rationale behind wanting the job and why team work is important. The specific location really needed workers, so the interview process was rushed and quicker than usual. The specific interview was a group interview and everybody was asked the same question and had to respond accordingly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (San Juan, PR).

Interview

It was a quick interview, the store was about to open and they needed associates to help them build it up to brand standards. The called me and we scheduled the interview. It was 1:1, me with the store manager and then the assistant manager came in. It was really relaxed, the want to know about you, your experiences and background.

Interview Questions

• In a scale form 1 to 10, 10 being excellent and 1 being poor, what would you give yourself and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they gave me an offer and I accepted it.

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was great- everyone was really nice! I met with HR then the team. It went well, however they realized they wanted to restructure the team and decided against the role on the whole.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about one week later from the head hunting company and had an initial screening. After that got called for a face-to-face interview about a month later with the hiring manager. It was a really nice experience, the manager was really nice and not intimidating at all, very straight-forward questions.

FT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Santa Fe, NM) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed in the back office by the Manager. She was very dependent upon her question sheet full of standard behavioral based questions geared towards management. She asked questions that I had already answered in some of my previous comprehensive answers. I was fully qualified for the job, as I had previously worked as a supervisor at a company with high customer standards. She gave every indication that this was evident to her from the questions that I asked throughout the interview and even had me fill out the sheet setting up a drug screening with my SS#. She said she would call me at 4pm that day to schedule my second interview over the phone with the District Manager. I never received a call and called back the next day where an associate said he would have the manager call me when she got in. In lieu of response I received a standard email saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult interaction that you had with a subordinate?
      Have you received advice you did not agree with from a manager and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

They don't really post job positions on the internet. Had to come in person and fill out an application and attached my resume. Got called back maybe 1 week later for a group interview in the warehouse location. It included me and 2 other people, me and the other girl got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize in a situation where a you were already attending to one customer but another asks for your assistance?   Answer Question
    • How would you try and push the sale to a custom who's first language was not English?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered 9.25. Had friends that were only making 9.